S.o.W. TRAINING PAID OFF!

Nikoooo

DCS TIIIIIIIME

I've been applying some stuff I've "stolen" from these gaming Gods in here (we all know who ?) and with a bit of practice as well I've been able to land my lovely Mustang.

Propelled planes are a bit harder to fly unlike jet planes because of the geometry of the wings (being thicker) and the slow speed they have which makes them more sensitive on sudden attitude change or high G load. Even landing is a pain for beginners! Have to keep an eye on your KIAS(Knots Indicated Air Speed) and VVI(Vertical Velocity Indicator) in order to not exceed 100-120 knots and 150 descend speed on touch down, otherwise you'll bounce to death.

P.S. I literally didn't see the airport up there, only in the last second when I turned into it... ?

Here's my video ❤️

Edited by Nikoooo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Executive
19 hours ago, Nikoooo said:

DCS TIIIIIIIME

I've been applying some stuff I've "stolen" from these gaming Gods in here (we all know who ?) and with a bit of practice as well I've been able to land my lovely Mustang.

Propelled planes are a bit harder to fly unlike jet planes because of the geometry of the wings (being thicker) and the slow speed they have which makes them more sensitive on sudden attitude change or high G load. Even landing is a pain for beginners! Have to keep an eye on your KIAS(Knots Indicated Air Speed) and VVI(Vertical Velocity Indicator) in order to not exceed 100-120 knots and 150 descend speed on touch down, otherwise you'll bounce to death.

P.S. I literally didn't see the airport up there, only in the last second when I turned into it... ?

Here's my video ❤️

Dang, you make that look easy! ? I bet I would crash the first time loooooooool

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Founder
19 hours ago, Nikoooo said:

SPACE BUJUTSUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Become pro at all the games you play! Check us out on the calendar here!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shawkorrr said:

Dang, you make that look easy! ? I bet I would crash the first time loooooooool

Well... I messed up a bit, because I turned too late, but still fine! And you wouldn't after like 3-5 hours of flight with somebody to walk you through stuff!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Astrus said:

SPACE BUJUTSUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Become pro at all the games you play! Check us out on the calendar here!

From you I took the thing of timing the stuff i have to keep an eye on! Space Bujutsu helped me improve even more the control I have on the joystick, attention division over multiple things around me have been improved as well and (OF COURSE) the ability to multitask for a longer time without much of a fatigue.

• Like 3

For you, the curious ones, this is what all those gauges are. The first image has the gauges you need to pay attention to during landing procedure.

I had a direct landing, entering the groove at roughly 300 ft AGL altitude (required altitude:430), speed check 145 MpH (required:140-130), vertical velocity during the groove 150-100 ft/s descend / touch down vertical speed 40 ft/s descend (required VV during groove: not more than 280 ft/s (so you don't gain speed); required touch down VV: not more than 60 ft/s)

https://imgur.com/F3LN3RA

Second image shows the fuel gauges placement. As most of planes, P-51 D Mustang has fuel tanks on the wings as main fuel tanks and additional fuel tanks on the fuselage, behind the cockpit (which you fill just a bit above the weight of the engine in order to place the equilibrum somewhere between the wings and not on the tail, neither on the engine, otherwise it will cause more drag force and requires more triming, BUT AGAIN I have no idea if this is fully simulated and all I can say is that it actually is there somehow)

https://imgur.com/IPszmIc

• Like 2

• Executive
18 hours ago, Nikoooo said:

For you, the curious ones, this is what all those gauges are. The first image has the gauges you need to pay attention to during landing procedure.

I had a direct landing, entering the groove at roughly 300 ft AGL altitude (required altitude:430), speed check 145 MpH (required:140-130), vertical velocity during the groove 150-100 ft/s descend / touch down vertical speed 40 ft/s descend (required VV during groove: not more than 280 ft/s (so you don't gain speed); required touch down VV: not more than 60 ft/s)

https://imgur.com/F3LN3RA

Second image shows the fuel gauges placement. As most of planes, P-51 D Mustang has fuel tanks on the wings as main fuel tanks and additional fuel tanks on the fuselage, behind the cockpit (which you fill just a bit above the weight of the engine in order to place the equilibrum somewhere between the wings and not on the tail, neither on the engine, otherwise it will cause more drag force and requires more triming, BUT AGAIN I have no idea if this is fully simulated and all I can say is that it actually is there somehow)

https://imgur.com/IPszmIc

It's interesting with 'old world' jetfighters and how all the information will always be in the same location while in SC we can move around the MFDs and usually have to change them everytime to what you need.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kakon said:

It's interesting with 'old world' jetfighters and how all the information will always be in the same location while in SC we can move around the MFDs and usually have to change them everytime to what you need.

Indeed, Kakon. For example, F/A-18C lot.20 (single seat, twin engine, generation 4) is one of the most recent fighters from my hangar, followed by A-10C (As year of production F/A-18C is older year 2000 and A-10C year 2005, BUT. F/A-18C got more advanced technology as FCS(Flight Control System a.k.a. Fly-By-Wire), HMD(Helmet Mounted Display) and more advanced weaponry for Air-to-Ground as AGM-88 HARM (Highspeed Anti Radiation Missile) and AGM-154 JSOW (Joint Stand Off Weapon / A long range cruise missile) are two significant examples). Mostly you have most critical information on the HUD, like IAS(Indicated Air Speed), MACH speed (only for supersonic fighters) altitude, vertical velocity (placed above altitude), pitch ladder, bank indicator and cardinal heading indicator. Now in MFDs you have a looooot of things and beside MFDs you also have UFC (Up Front Controller) which is another computer that works with MFDs and is meant for data input (also placed below the HUD on central instrument panel). BUT elementary! You have to control those simple propelled planes to accentuate your skill on more modern A/C and that's how every pilot school does! Because the most simple things are the most complicated and the most complicated with bunch of systems and what not are the most simple. Why? Because the more complicated they are, the less you have to think for them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WazzY said:

This is awesome man! Keep up the good work. Hard work sure pays off!

I still have a hard time with my Mustang! But I'll get there... :96_ok_hand: I may post a short video of how retardedly I take off with that plane! ? (in this comment section)

• Like 1