New SancTuarY/Honours Keep

Astrus

• Founder

Some of you may not know this but we are running out of room at SancTuarY lol...

We have all worked together to make this guild the best thing since Player Mounts and now we are heading towards our new goal...

A Second Player City.... :D

Technically we have 2 Cities right now...SancTuarY, and Honours Keep on Dantooine which is ran by our own Duewaa...

We have been talking about Developing this Into a Fully Furnished City and Keeping it up also which would again take the help of all of our guild members...

Of course SancTuarY, Talus will be our first priority...but i think that it would be really cool to have a second city that is fully developed (at least to City status w/ Shuttleport and all)...

What are your thoughts on the second city and how do you think it should all come together....

/discuss

BTW DO NOT PLACE A HOME IN HONOURS KEEP UNTIL WE HAVE HAD A DISSCUSSION AND VOTE AS TO HOW WE WILL DEAL w/ THIS SITUATION.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Puts on devils advocate hat*

While having a second city sounds cool in theory. Without new people to populate it. Its gonna be a drag having to jump from city to city to get things trade items between accounts etc. Not to mention the new City Fund Guild Hunts to get that city taken care of for x months.

* takes of hat *

Now like is the city ours ours or is it on loan.....

Oh and 2 cities YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :dance:

• Founder
* Puts on devils advocate hat*

While having a second city sounds cool in theory.  Without new people to populate it.  Its gonna be a drag having to jump from city to city to get things trade items between accounts etc.  Not to mention the new City Fund Guild Hunts to get that city taken care of for x months. 

* takes of hat *

Now like is the city ours ours or is it on loan.....

Oh and 2 cities YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :dance:

3368[/snapback]

The city is like ours ours...

Its not guild only but guild ran atm...there are 36 residents there atm and 14 needed to become a "City" ...as far as funding for the city goes its going to be MINIMAL....

Im thinking atm no trainers or anything like that...this isnt final to say the least but i do not want to put ask the guild to fund this second city the way we did w/ SancTuarY due to the fact that it IS NOT guild only and is prone to a possible hostile takeover similar to the ones ive seen on the politician forums.

Tho hostile takeovers can be prevented fairly easily it wouldnt be in our best intrest to fund this city the way we did w/ SancTuarY due to the fact that it does have a chance (tho slim) of being taken over in a hostile manner.

Now if we want to fund the this city the way we did w/ SancTuarY we can do that also...a vote should decide that at a later date.

It is true. Honour's Keep (Formally an SnH guild city) is a fully functional city. I was the leader of that now dead guild. But HK has lots of open land.

Now as for the stocking of items and such, I am willing (as most of our other crafters would prolly be) to keep a 2nd vendor at that mall as well.

So let's get out there and make a 2nd great city. That will show the server that SancTuarY is not just a fad, but a reality of teamwork and dedication.

Oh, and if you need to place a vendor there, just let Duewaa or myself know. I still have admin rights to that mall (i think)...

Edited by Zhiv

I will put a small house there if needed and I will put a vendor if we get a shuttle port. If we don't get enough folks to get a shuttle then it is approx 4k from the Imp outpost (I could be wrong..it has been a long time since I was there.) which is a long way to go for vendor items. There is also a lot of credits in the city/guild fund for SnH still available and I don't mind leaving it there to support the city. This is not my decision alone since there are several SnH's still around that are recieving credits thanks to Due. They include myself, Data, Zhiv, Jerok, Due, Log'an and I believe at least 2 other people....who's names I can't remember here at work. I believe you will find all but a few houses are from old SnH'rs that no longer play the game and have not for several months. One of the former SnHr's in Sanct may still have a house there but I doubt it. It was a guild only city so even if folks do come back I trust them to be good additions to our city. There is 4yrs of MMORPG History(between SWG and EnB) in that city and I would love to see it continue.

ive played since beginning, left for a year came back, joined SancT - great guild by the way.

i've seen guilds spead themselves to help another city only to see their city fall. not saying this will happen but....

if you need a home placed, i have orraq that can drop one. just tell him when so i can move items around to pick one of my homes up.

• Executive

I am not sure how much time I will spend in Honours Keep, minimum actually.. and now that SancT is in war against MANY imperial guild, my priority is SancTuarY City, and SancTuarY City only. I can not run around the galaxy like a madman :blink: tho Honours Keep is not a sanct city members only city, so that wont be much of a problem when it comes to defending etc :)

I think this city can be a good thing, a new city where we can invite other guilds to join us, without having them moving into our HQ (SancTuarY City)! It can be a .. a.. place where grinders, who are EVERYWHERE on dantooine these days, can go train, buy new stuff, place vendors etc etc.. a marketplace of some sort? Is it an idea to invite other guilds to form a BIGGER city on Dantooine; remember we, SancT Guild, have created the most beautiful city there is on wanderhome! :H5:

Astrus, who is leading Honours Keep other than Duewaa? Shall some sort of council be formed, what are the plans for this city? Who are the admins there?

This is a risky step for us as a guild, but I think we must challenge this risk and make sure we succeed in create yet another fine city!

Best regards.

- Shawkorrr B)

If we don't get enough folks to get a shuttle then it is approx 4k from the Imp outpost (I could be wrong..it has been a long time since I was there.)

3377[/snapback]

It is approximately 2.1k due north of the southern most spaceport...

Also, if you have an alt that isn't already a member of SancT City, then it might be a good thing.

As far as spending time there? That's up to you. Might be a good place to just chill out and get away, as it were.

If you have declared Sanct City as your residence, it won't help to put up a house in HK and declare there...that will hurt Sanct City....

Edited by Zhiv

• Executive
One word about a Sanctuary-affiliated city on Dantooine:KEG.

I am not sure I am willing/able to support  GCW efforts on multiple fronts.

3389[/snapback]

It is not important if KEG has their HQ on Dantooine. We can make safehouses there as well :) And Honours Keep will not be like SancTuarY. It is a more or less neutral city that we do not have to protect all the time, so the GCW wont hurt us there I suppose. The Imperials might give a try at surrounding the city with imperial bases, but who gives a *crap*, go on leave or something :P and we could always just smack down their bases like we always do! :LMAO:

Hello everyone first post :P.

I can have speed and racer both put a house here,since they are not residents of sanct.Just let me know. :)

- That would be great, and welcome to the Forum ;)

It is approximately 2.1k due north of the southern most spaceport...

Also, if you have an alt that isn't already a member of SancT City, then it might be a good thing. As far as spending time there? That's up to you. Might be a good place to just chill out and get away, as it were. If you have declared Sanct City as your residence, it won't help to put up a house in HK and declare there...that will hurt Sanct City....

- It will prolly be a second retreat of some sort. Yeah, and remember not to declared it as ur house in Honours Keep if you have already declared residence in SancTuarY City!

- Shaw

• Founder
It is not important if KEG has their HQ on Dantooine. We can make safehouses there as well :) And Honours Keep will not be like SancTuarY. It is a more or less neutral city that we do not have to protect all the time, so the GCW wont hurt us there I suppose. The Imperials might give a try at surrounding the city with imperial bases, but who gives a *crap*, go on leave or something :P and we could always just smack down their bases like we always do! :LMAO:

As far as spending time there? That's up to you. Might be a good place to just chill out and get away, as it were. If you have declared Sanct City as your residence, it won't help to put up a house in HK and declare there...that will hurt Sanct City....[/i]

- It will prolly be a second retreat of some sort. Yeah, and remember not to declared it as ur house in Honours Keep if you have already declared residence in SancTuarY City!

- Shaw

3398[/snapback]

Ya i totally agree w/ the above...this city will serve as a kind of retreat for us all.....Malls and Vendors and such should be left at SancTuarY City Mall ...and remember...atm we are just in discussion....after we discuss this we will vote and then go from there. ATM no moves need to be made :D

btw these are great concerns and ideas guys keep them coming

the way i see it, if we need more room, set up a second Guild only city right next door to sanct (and i mean that as in the borders meet) making it easier for those who rather not travel from planet to planet in search of items, easier for us to protect in case the imps target our second smaller home coz most of the guild members will spend time at the main city.

another reason would be we wouldnt need a shuttleport straight away. plus it would make us look larger if we had two major cities right next to each other. I love talus, its a beautiful place, dants just a barron waste land which is only good for those who grind alot (and dont know about sanct)

But what ever happens, ill send Ravlyn to the new city to set up a house, plus i will set up my cantina there if u guys need it. Im upto the new challenge, and will be glad to see that our great guild accomplish another grand feat

the way i see it, if we need more room, set up a second Guild only city right next door to sanct (and i mean that as in the borders meet) making it easier for those who rather not travel from planet to planet in search of items, easier for us to protect in case the imps target our second smaller home coz most of the guild members will spend time at the main city.

This aint a half bad idea. It will make us look like more of a force to reckon with. I'll gladly take up politician and start it if need be. Imagine turning our area of talus into a massive mega-metropolis. :blink: I'm thinking Coru-Sanct. :blink:

• Executive
This aint a half bad idea.  It will make us look like more of a force to reckon with.  I'll gladly take up politician and start it if need be.  Imagine turning our area of talus into a massive mega-metropolis.  :blink:  I'm thinking Coru-Sanct.  :blink:

3410[/snapback]

/deepbow Squirel

:ROFL: Coru-SancT, stop it, ur killing me! But yeah, that would have been great.. I have talked about this for some time.. gather ALOT of guilds in one massive city, make the largest city ever created in SWG! :H5: It will NEVER happen to SancTuarY City, cuz we are sanct-members only city, and I would like to keep it that way.. ;) But with this new city we might have a chanse of making this idea come true!?

- Shaw

We can keep Coru-Sanct guild only as well. I wouldnt dare corrupt our great city with outsiders. Its too pure. This would also prolly get a influx of new guild members. Hell I'll use Ilexi to start up a sister guild for noobs called Sanct JR to join to be in a holding pattern to move into the bigger guild. To screen out those spies and babies.=D And ill start it in HK. =D

• Executive
We can keep Coru-Sanct guild only as well.  I wouldnt dare corrupt our great city with outsiders.  Its too pure.  This would also prolly get a influx of new guild members.  Hell I'll use Ilexi to start up a sister guild for noobs called Sanct JR to join to be in a holding pattern to move into the bigger guild.  To screen out those spies and babies.=D  And ill start it in HK. =D

3415[/snapback]

So we toss all the newbies in one city, and when they have earned the respect of a TRUE SancTuarY Member they can move to SancTuarY City :LMAO: like the idea! hehe.. then we should thank the new "house-packing" fix :superwoot:

• Founder
We can keep Coru-Sanct guild only as well.  I wouldnt dare corrupt our great city with outsiders.  Its too pure.  This would also prolly get a influx of new guild members.  Hell I'll use Ilexi to start up a sister guild for noobs called Sanct JR to join to be in a holding pattern to move into the bigger guild.  To screen out those spies and babies.=D  And ill start it in HK. =D

3415[/snapback]

SancT JR rofl....not gonna happen :P

But I like what mavryk said about making another City on Talus...The thing is we do have enough ppl to start 2 cities now...The admins have been talking about a second city for over a month now but Honours Keep is just one we are running atm.....its not set in stone that we will use it tho, atm its just a means for duewaa to get his master politician badge.

Then we can have a third guild for Elite pvp members, to protect the city from evil-doers. A black ops type guild who soley help protect Sanct and our allies!

And about the coro-sanct idea we wouldnt need any other guilds help. with shaw recruiting we would have a massive city in a year :woot: just look how far we have come already.

but i do beleive we should keep everyone in the one place, not spread out all over the galaxy. United we stand, Divided we fall . or something like that :P

• Founder
Then we can have a third guild for Elite pvp members, to protect the city from evil-doers. A black ops type guild who soley help protect Sanct and our allies!

And about the coro-sanct idea we wouldnt need any other guilds help. with shaw recruiting we would have a massive city in a year :woot: just look how far we have come already.

but i do beleive we should keep everyone in the one place, not spread out all over the galaxy. United we stand, Divided we fall . or something like that :P

3434[/snapback]

every single guild that has ever divided themselves for any reason ended up disbanded completely....dividing up a guild for any reason has always been the downfall of said guild.

So thats not going to happen here...other than that we have come a long way...a second city is not too far fetched for us at all :D

Whether it's next door to SancT City or in HK on Dantooine, or even if it gives Nabubu City a run for it's money...SancT is gonna need a second, third, maybe even forth Member Only city. SancTuarY is definitely, by far, the best and biggest guild thus far. A pretty good statement there, considering Wanderhome is one of the less populated servers in SWG....

So, a second city isn't too far fetched. And besides, I say use HK. It's on the other side of the quadrant. It's already established. And there's quite a few imp bases nearby. Oh, and they have those really cool Voritor Lizards to hunt...nasty creatures...kinda like crocodiles :P