Help Me Find a Reason to Stay

korrack

I'm very disappointed with SOE over Restuss. So much hubbub was made of how there would be content for all. So much excitement from players. The Restuss event was a PvP battleground gank, with a little bit of mindless crafting which was not properly thought out, and some space missions for those who enjoy space PvP.

The phase 1 and Phase 2 missions consisted of PvE (if you could get to the spawn point withtout campers taking your kills), Crafting for 1 of the 4 trader professions, PvP ganks and street fighting, and not much else.

The game is turning so much towards PvP, and I know some of you love that, but, I have never really been into it. And I won't be turned to be into it either. I loved this game for it being Star Wars, not for it being a FPS PvP 24/7. This game is not even what it was advertised to be anymore. It was supposed to be about living the Star Wars Experience, about group PvE and about diversity of professions.

It's no longer there. I'm such a fanboi I have stuck it out through so much. I love Star Wars and there is nowhere for me to live this experience that this game only minutely provides anymore.

I dunno what to do. I'm tired of new loot, I'm tired of 1337 kiddies. But I want to play Star Wars. My only content lately is logging in to check my harvesters, and doing a few runs around Kashykkk space to kill some black scales.

I don't even get to interact with the guild, eexcept to say hi over guild chat. I'm guessing it's because I don't PvP and you are all off busy PvPing so you don't talk on the guild chat.

I'm running out of will.

I'm sorry for your discontent, Korrack. I understand about the professions the most... I doubt the small change coming where you can differentiate yourself within your profession is going to be worth staying for... but maybe at least check that out first.

Don't worry about PVP, if you don't want to do it... just ignore those that get stiffys from it. I don't like PVP either, but there are still plenty of things to do, especially with all the expansion material. Heck, I don't even like quests... but I like the choice that maybe I want to goto the Ryatt trail and kill elite Gotals, or maybe I want to goto one of the mustafar facilities and fight some tough battle droids, etc etc etc. Even the elite imperial NPC's are quite a challenge. The other night I saw some elite level 87 stormies walking around Theed, and boy did they hand it to me.

Maybe you are referring to space crap, I don't like that either. hahaha seems like a lot I don't like, huh? It's true, but the stuff I do like takes precedence over all else and I love my toons and ALL the HARD work I've put into them. I have to admit one of my main passions is loot (That's why I'm a smuggler too - for instant junk dealing) and you said you are tired of the loot. That would be a big blow for me too, definitely.

What is it you do like most, though? What do you like killing? What are your favorite types of missions to do? Maybe just concentrate on what is the most fun for you for awhile, since that's what it's supposed to be about... fun.

That or try taking a bit of a break... during my 2.5 years playing time I have taken my fair share of breaks (even when the game was at it's greatest) and they work wonders. For me, it's like a new game when you come back.

I don't know man, just offering my 2 cents I guess.

• Founder
I don't even get to interact with the guild, eexcept to say hi over guild chat. I'm guessing it's because I don't PvP and you are all off busy PvPing so you don't talk on the guild chat.

I'm running out of will.

14205[/snapback]

Well alot of us are in the vent bro...so the communication is there its just mostly in voicechat hehe.

As far as the game goes bro, I can understand your pain. As hard as it may be it might be time to just ween yourself away from SWG.

As far as SancTuarY is concerned we will be more than likely (not official yet) moving to Vanguard when it comes out for the most part.

Our SWG chapter will still be up and running, but I personally am pretty tired of SWG also....we need an expansion badly.

Well alot of us are in the vent bro...so the communication is there its just mostly in voicechat hehe.

As far as the game goes bro, I can understand your pain. As hard as it may be it might be time to just ween yourself away from SWG.

As far as SancTuarY is concerned we will be more than likely (not official yet) moving to Vanguard when it comes out for the most part.

Our SWG chapter will still be up and running, but I personally am pretty tired of SWG also....we need an expansion badly.

14209[/snapback]

I have only played for a little more than 8 months. I am a space fanatic, and there is content in space as long as you are willing to "remaster". There is a whole 'nother side to this game that some people think is done the minute they master a pilot squad.

There are lots of things for ME to do, being under a year in game, and I'm sure there are some who have done nearly every quest and been to every POI out there. When SWG created the NGE, they essentially killed the most-fascinating thing for me: learning your way around in an incredibly diverse universe. With the invention of the NGE, much of what I was coming to love had died.

I personally would "start over" completely - lose everything I have gained thus far, to participate in a roll-back...just to see if the magic I experienced that was pre-NGE SWG would still live...

Otherwise, I support an Exodus to Vanguard..and will be looking for Sanctuary there.

• Executive

An expansion would not do the trick for me at least.

I have pre-ordered all the expansion because I was dumb enough to get tempted by the many "goods" they told we should get for pre-ordering.

But sure, for the other players an expansion would be good, so that the game dont die

:mellow:

When does Vanguard come out? Just so I'll know when you'll all be gone? I won't be laying it. I'm a Sci Fi guy. The fact that SWG is Star Wars is the ONLY thing that keeps me playing it. Maybe I should look into the Star Trek MMORPG or something.

Once I get to Ace Pilot, I'll prolly spend more time in space. I dunno, I'm really depressed about all this. I see Restuss as a nail in the coffin of SWG, that the developers really could give a *crap* less about anything but Jedi, Bounty Hunters and PvP.

Once I get to Ace Pilot, I'll prolly spend more time in space. I dunno, I'm really depressed about all this. I see Restuss as a nail in the coffin of SWG, that the developers really could give a *crap* less about anything but Jedi, Bounty Hunters and PvP.

14231[/snapback]

When I think of the movies, that's pretty much all I remember though? Boba Fett/Jenga Fett ... and Jedi Jedi Jedi. Of course there is Han and Chewie too (but I think Smuggler is a great prof in SWG - just needs a bit of content that i'm sure is on the way) If you are talking about tie's/x-wings etc, I don't do space... I can't really compare SWG space to the movies, personally.

I want to stay in SancTuarY as a guild, but can I leave the city? I feel a draw to move just outside Jabba's Palace.

14233[/snapback]

The dune sea is a great place to live. It has always been one of my favorite places. I started a mini-guild there on Bloodfin... we only had like 6-7 of us but it was great. Walk outside and go bantha hunting... and you feel like you have some privacy (away from civilization)

Vanguard is coming 01.01.07 I believe.

14229[/snapback]

1/07/07 is just an estimate from what i understand. Winter 06/07 would probably be the best answer right now though. As Astrus said, there will always be a SWG chapter of SancT, but it can't be denied that SWG is a star that is fading fast. SancT is, by far, the best community that i have had the honor of being a part of, however, i just can't bring myself to log in much anymore, seeing as how much of the work i put into the game is worthless now. It is also easy to see that many people just are not having fun in SWG anymore.

With that said, it's obvious that we need to move to a new game to keep the community alive. So far, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes is the most promising MMO in developement right now. I for one will definately be playing it, and in all likelyhood, it will end up being the new home of SancTuarY.

If you are tired of SWG, check Vanguard out and see if you like it. I know many people play SWG because it's Star Wars and they love the Star Wars universe. God knows thats why I started playing, but sometimes you just have to move on. Check out the lore section on the Vanguard website here.

I know the lore might not be the Star Wars universe, or even Sci-Fi, but it is still very interesting nonetheless, and very easy to get in to. At least give it a try. We would all hate to lose you without you at least giving Vanguard a shot. There will always be a SancTuarY in SWG, but how long SWG will still be alive is up in the air, and it's a fact that we are all going to have to face soon. Maybe some point in the future, another company will release a better Star Wars MMO after SWG is gone, but until then we are all going to have to cut our losses and move on. I really hope you will give Vanguard a try though. I hope to see you there.

And just to make it extra clear, even if/when we move to Vanguard, SancT will still be operating in SWG. As long as there is a Wanderhome, expect there to be a SancTuarY for rebels there.

... I loved this game for it being Star Wars, not for it being a FPS PvP 24/7. This game is not even what it was advertised to be anymore. It was supposed to be about living the Star Wars Experience, about group PvE and about diversity of professions....

I hear you. Pretty much same problem here for me.

And you know it's got to be bad when I'm no longer enchanted with it since I've put up with nearly everything in the game so far.

For me though there's nothing else out now that I want to play. *waiting for Vanguard*

If you like the game but are just burnt a bit on the WH politics, you might want to roll a new toon on another server. Starting from scratch is icky though due to the new moronic leveling up. And the game is just dead boring without other SancT & crew to play with.

Actually I putter around in the game a bit doing some of this & some of that (crafting/exploring/decorating/pvping/dancing/looting) and try not to take it too seriously.

Maybe take some time off from it?

You can hangout in Vent and just do something else like a lot of the rest of us do :)

you should stay in swg becauze avari said so~!!!

i quit for about a month i will be back arou nd the 20th and im tellin ya i MISS SQWG!!!!!

mmm beer

but yea man swg pwns even if the devs and the game sucks, the ppl i miss and i wana come backj to see everyone, plus i get my alone time with all the rebels during pvp and make love with my saber and their skull!!!! rawr yah

friends n pvp i miss!!!!!

stay in swg!!!!!

14231[/snapback]

I don't know how the whole licensing and marketing thing goes as far as Sony Online handling the online portion of Vanguard. But if you think about it the big dog will bully the little dog and eventually SOE will run Vanguard (IMO). If that holds true why would SOE even care about SWG anymore. They know its only a matter of time before the majority of players move from SWG to Vanguard (even if its only temporary to check it out) so why would they waste time developing more content until they can see first hand what the full impact of Vanguard is. Especially if they know that either way they are safe....if they control Vanguard and the mass exodus happens then they benefit from that....if Vanguard is a bust and everyone comes running back to SWG then they benefit. I dont think you will see any serious content updates for SWG until after the Sony team see's what impact Vanguard will have. And I honestly dont think that unless Vanguard fizzles out that there will be any reason to expect an expansion for SWG.

I dont know how many total players there have to be for SOE to justify keeping the servers going but if Vanguard is the Uber thing its supposed to be I think we will have seen the last of SWG .... at least in its current form.

I think NGE was CRUEL to the vet players :( .

I agree that you perhaps should give Vanguard a try. It was great starting SWG fresh and shiny, setting up the economy, learning the professions, making mistakes, exploring...

Perhaps that same feeling will be recaptured in Vanguard.

After the NGE, I started playing WoW, and I was surprised at how SWG seemed to be changing to be a clone of WoW. Oh, except it was helluva lot easier to AIM and SHOOT in WoW <_< .

Anyway, as far as staying in SWG goes, I recently reactivated my account, hoping there was some tiny thread of enjoyment left. :blink:

I don't know what badges you have or if you have completed many missions, but perhaps you could go badgehunting?

I'm going to go badgehunting, and also go to wookiee planet and do quests, and perhaps level up in space.

Maybe you could go around taking screenshots of StarWarsy things, and post them?

Otherwise, maybe taking a break to forget all the horrible things, then when you return everything will be "new"?

:huh:

My problem with Vanguard is I'm not a Dungeons and Dragons, EQ, WoW, little elves and orc guy. I hated LOTR (there! I said it). I'm a sci-fi guy. I love Star Wars, and have ever since I was as 9 and watched the opening sequence of A New Hope, opening night in a theatre filled to the doors. I'm hooked.

It's funny, cos this is exactly what happened with VVV. They moved on to EQ2 and I didn't follow. I stayed with SWG and quit like 4 months later. I know Vanguard is a way off, but wow, SWG is just dead it seems.

I'm trying my best to keep it interesting. I also need to find a new person to help me with getting space XP. I have been flying around killing everything around Kashykk. Is there anywhere else I can go?

And when I get to the corvette, I'm seriously gonna need help.

• Executive

You know Star Trek Online is starting in a year or so? ;)

We are going to have a SancT in SWG still (unless the game is shut down), even though some of us go to Vanguard. I think Astrus have mentioned this before.

SancT started in SWG, and it is in this game our heart belong to. The community/guild was born here hehe.

SancT + Star Wars = wewts forever!

Really nobody can make it fun for you except you.

If you hate it, don't play it for a while.

14253[/snapback]

I know, I guess I was just looking for reassurance that there would always be people playing SWG or something. It's very depressing, it really is. SWG has always been my outlet to relieve stress. My escape.

Seeing a friend's list with nobody logged on, nobody talking on guildchat (yes I know you guys use vent even when not in SWG, but I have a wife and daughter who wouldn't appreciate me chatting while they try to watch TV or my daughter tries to fall asleep), just makes me feel alone.

I'm just feeling sorry for myself because I can't find my niche. I guess I just need to adapt or move on. I'll give it a little bit and see how I feel.

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

well, Vent does have a text box part that gets used.

Get some headphones then you can hear us but type back if you like.

There are a couple of people who can't/don't use the voice part.

As for people staying in SWG, no game lasts forever really.

But we are in SWG, just not sure when are you on? I don't think I ever see you.

[i'm currently sidelined due to an equipment failure but that should be fixed this weekend]

But we are in SWG, just not sure when are you on? I don't think I ever see you.

[i'm currently sidelined due to an equipment failure but that should be fixed this weekend]

14257[/snapback]

7pm to midnight eastern time (mostly). You are in California, so I'm playing while you're having dinner. But literally, for the past week, I have seen maybe 2 or 3 people total logged in and talking on guildchat while I have been on. I mean it's not a problem, I'm the one with the issue.

Oh I eat while I'm playing (and, so they tell me, while in Vent:P)

Hmm well when I get these piles of refuse fixed I will have to look for you.

You play under the name korrack?

7pm to midnight eastern time (mostly). You are in California, so I'm playing while you're having dinner. But literally, for the past week, I have seen maybe 2 or 3 people total logged in and talking on guildchat while I have been on. I mean it's not a problem, I'm the one with the issue.

14258[/snapback]

I know, I guess I was just looking for reassurance that there would always be people playing SWG or something. It's very depressing, it really is. SWG has always been my outlet to relieve stress. My escape.

Seeing a friend's list with nobody logged on, nobody talking on guildchat (yes I know you guys use vent even when not in SWG, but I have a wife and daughter who wouldn't appreciate me chatting while they try to watch TV or my daughter tries to fall asleep), just makes me feel alone.

I'm just feeling sorry for myself because I can't find my niche. I guess I just need to adapt or move on. I'll give it a little bit and see how I feel.

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

14256[/snapback]

Well I'm not going anywhere, I love SWG and I think a lot of people are just being dramatic when it comes to some things. There seems to be a larger influx of players coming back in now that the hottest and newest thing (WoW) isn't so hot and new anymore. You will always get that no matter what, people jumping ship and crying wolf.

I totally agree with you about guildchat. I think it's a very important piece of the game and I try to use it as much as possible. I can't use Vent because I prefer to listen to music anyway and also like you said, my gf is sitting there trying to watch TV and what not. It would be kind of dorky for me to sit in front of the computer and talking out loud. (sorry IMO) lol!

I haven't been on much this week because of work and some other things but I should be on tonight (Fri)... and I will be in guildchat! 9pm-3am Eastern

You play under the name korrack?

14259[/snapback]

Okie Korrack - Smuggler

Starshine Korrack - Tailor

Moonbeam Korrack - Entertainer

Reverence - Droid Engineer

Venimus - Structures Engineer (cancelled)

Dokiee - Entertainer (cancelled)

Okie, we need to meet in the Mos Eisley cantina tonight and discuss some business.

There are some supplies that need to be smuggled to the battle scene in Restuss for the rebel insurgency. There are some upper Rebel military personnel stationed in a hidden base just outside Restuss that can give us the details.

Smuggling FTW!