What's your game plan for the launch of Star Citizen? What are the first things you want to do at launch Day 1

Faerr

I thought this would be an excellent talking point for all of us. I can't wait for the day 1 launch so I always think about the first systems I want to travel and first things I want to do and I'm sure everyone here shares these thoughts. Also talking about the first things we want to do would be a good ice breaker and allow us to align our interests and plans for the launch. Maybe as the "launch state" of the game becomes more and more predictible with all the parts of the game completing development, we can start discussing our day 1, or "First 50" days launch strategy and cooperate with our members to do what they want to do while also contributing to sanctuary in some capacity.

For instance if a member wants to mine, Sanctuary should be able to tell that member "okay how about you mine x mineral because it's in our plans to focus on mining activities on these x,y,z minerals in these x,y,z star sytems". So this way A) Our members would be doing what they want to do and B) They would be contributing to our commonwealth and interests at the same time. I heard there was going to factory ownership, some degree of industry game play but I don't know the extend of it. Of course this is not something we can do right now since we are not yet close enough to launch day and everything, all the values and metas are still unpredictible and hold the potential to get overhauled at the whim of Mr. Robert. 😄

So we can just start by expressing the first things we want to do and our own individual launch plans. So here I go :

I have the most fun when... except mining and salvaging I have too much fun doing several different things. Dogfights are so much fun, with ship and fps combat is fun, but also just talking to random people, meeting new people in the verse and doing things with them, going on random adventures with new fun, crazy people I meet and inventing new stuff to do and inventing our own missions and creating our own adventures is just as fun as pvp for me. I just don't like minning and salvaging at all

But I don't want to get into pvp at Day 1 because I predict that in open star systems pvp is going to be chaotic. I think it will be foolish to start blasting on day one. So I will focus on pve and mastering every single modifier, every aspect of the structure of the game. Even if I don't do all the jobs and mission, I want to know what every mission's advantages, disadvantages, profit margins. I want to learn every meta, learn every modifier, how to stack them, how to combine them, how to min max everything.

That's what I was doing back when I was really into hoi4 grand strategy. In our discord communities we would come together 10-20 people who knew the game very well, we would divide into two teams and develop our war industries and wage wars all night. I always liked strategy but I discovered just how much I enjoy strategy games when I discovered paradox games. I discovered that I love combining all the modifiers and min maxing obsessively but like a healty enjoyable, in check kind of obsession .

So that's how my first days gonna be, I will be "testing the waters" so to speak. I want to know everything about the ocean and where will I swim and what risks will I face before I jump in. I will be starting with basic simple PvE missions, first simple cargo missions and then simple fps missions, as I start making a little wealth, I will purchase an RSI Scorpius or something like that, a heavy fighter that can do relatively higher paying pve combat missions. I will either have an npc turret gunner or convince a friend to do it for free. With that heavy fighter I will accumulate more wealth to get a big cargo ship. I will star hauling big, calculated, lucrative cargo at maximum distance across safe systems and at that point I will no longer have any worries about finances and then maybe I will setup a small home in a nice planet. I want to get bigger and bigger ships like this and get higher and higher profits with big hauling and eventually get a hammerhead and donate it to Grand Sanctuary Armada. And that will conclude my "First Plan", only when I completely fullfill this first plan I will embark on a new journey and make a new roadmap, but until then this is my launch plan from Step 1 to Final Step. This is the way.

What are your plans? Maybe someone elses plans can inspire me or I can learn new things, so I'm really curious what's everyones day 1 plans and wishes are so please tell me!

source.jpg

Edited by Faerr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Faerr changed the title to What's your game plan for the launch of Star Citizen? What are the first things you want to do at launch Day 1
  • Executive
21 hours ago, Faerr said:

I thought this would be an excellent talking point for all of us. I can't wait for the day 1 launch so I always think about the first systems I want to travel and first things I want to do and I'm sure everyone here shares these thoughts. Also talking about the first things we want to do would be a good ice breaker and allow us to align our interests and plans for the launch. Maybe as the "launch state" of the game becomes more and more predictible with all the parts of the game completing development, we can start discussing our day 1, or "First 50" days launch strategy and cooperate with our members to do what they want to do while also contributing to sanctuary in some capacity.

For instance if a member wants to mine, Sanctuary should be able to tell that member "okay how about you mine x mineral because it's in our plans to focus on mining activities on these x,y,z minerals in these x,y,z star sytems". So this way A) Our members would be doing what they want to do and B) They would be contributing to our commonwealth and interests at the same time. I heard there was going to factory ownership, some degree of industry game play but I don't know the extend of it. Of course this is not something we can do right now since we are not yet close enough to launch day and everything, all the values and metas are still unpredictible and hold the potential to get overhauled at the whim of Mr. Robert. 😄

So we can just start by expressing the first things we want to do and our own individual launch plans. So here I go :

I have the most fun when... except mining and salvaging I have too much fun doing several different things. Dogfights are so much fun, with ship and fps combat is fun, but also just talking to random people, meeting new people in the verse and doing things with them, going on random adventures with new fun, crazy people I meet and inventing new stuff to do and inventing our own missions and creating our own adventures is just as fun as pvp for me. I just don't like minning and salvaging at all

But I don't want to get into pvp at Day 1 because I predict that in open star systems pvp is going to be chaotic. I think it will be foolish to start blasting on day one. So I will focus on pve and mastering every single modifier, every aspect of the structure of the game. Even if I don't do all the jobs and mission, I want to know what every mission's advantages, disadvantages, profit margins. I want to learn every meta, learn every modifier, how to stack them, how to combine them, how to min max everything.

That's what I was doing back when I was really into hoi4 grand strategy. In our discord communities we would come together 10-20 people who knew the game very well, we would divide into two teams and develop our war industries and wage wars all night. I always liked strategy but I discovered just how much I enjoy strategy games when I discovered paradox games. I discovered that I love combining all the modifiers and min maxing obsessively but like a healty enjoyable, in check kind of obsession .

So that's how my first days gonna be, I will be "testing the waters" so to speak. I want to know everything about the ocean and where will I swim and what risks will I face before I jump in. I will be starting with basic simple PvE missions, first simple cargo missions and then simple fps missions, as I start making a little wealth, I will purchase an RSI Scorpius or something like that, a heavy fighter that can do relatively higher paying pve combat missions. I will either have an npc turret gunner or convince a friend to do it for free. With that heavy fighter I will accumulate more wealth to get a big cargo ship. I will star hauling big, calculated, lucrative cargo at maximum distance across safe systems and at that point I will no longer have any worries about finances and then maybe I will setup a small home in a nice planet. I want to get bigger and bigger ships like this and get higher and higher profits with big hauling and eventually get a hammerhead and donate it to Grand Sanctuary Armada. And that will conclude my "First Plan", only when I completely fullfill this first plan I will embark on a new journey and make a new roadmap, but until then this is my launch plan from Step 1 to Final Step. This is the way.

What are your plans? Maybe someone elses plans can inspire me or I can learn new things, so I'm really curious what's everyones day 1 plans and wishes are so please tell me!

source.jpg

Hey hey @Faerr 😄 

I appreciate your suggestion of discussing the first things we want to do in the game as a way to engage and align our interests as a community. By having these conversations, we can foster a sense of camaraderie and find ways to contribute to Sanctuary of Wanderhome while pursuing members' individual goals. As we approach the launch, it would be great to explore how we can support each other and work towards our collective success. 

While we may not have all the details yet, obviously, it's somthing to look forward to as Star Citizen's development progresses. We will pay attention to any future updates and see how it fits into our plans as we approach the launch - in quite some time 😛 

It's great to hear about the different aspects of the game that you enjoy. Everyone has their own preferences 🙂 and it's what makes our community diverse and engaging. The game will be filled with PvP on launch day as this is when all the orgs will start claiming areas.... and people, will die.
Thus it is important to train well before the game is launched - to secure that the org and yourself get a nice place to call home, in Star Citizen.

Do you play any specific GSG?

Again, thanks for the post!

Also, moving this to the Star Citizen section.

:s4:

Edited by Shawkorrr
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Shawkorrr said:

- in quite some time 😛

Thanks for reading it. Perhaps it's too early yet to talk about all these. Nonetheless I never looked at PU as the actual stuff, even if PU had all the features completed and ready for launch it will still be just PU in my eyes. After posting this here I copy-pasted the part where I tell my plan on Spectrum, it got many comments but %90 of them was just meme comments trolling about how it is taking forever to develop the game and others were saying it will just be like PU and there is nothing special about it. Only a few of them seemed to share my exitement about the launch and actually tell me about their plans, maybe not everyone is as fascinated and exited about this game as me..

The game will be filled with PvP on launch day as this is when all the orgs will start claiming areas.... and people, will die.

Thus it is important to train well before the game is launched - to secure that the org and yourself get a nice place to call home, in Star Citizen.

Now that you mention it I never looked at "PvP on launch day" from org's perspective... Not only players but orgs will be like hyenas fighting to be the first claimants of systems. Maybe I should change my plans of staying safe and simple and fight for our org in first day, as all of us should do. 🙂

I must have spent so much incalculable hours staring at the Star Map... I always imagined how the worlds would look based on their wiki descriptions and where I would go for exploration and where it would be nice to build myself a nice shack. But it never occured to me that our org would be claiming one of those star systems or a part of it. My humble suggestion would be that maybe you decision makers might like Kellog and Leir. Whoever controls Kellog controls Branaugh as well and Branaugh has no large jump tunnel, in case of an unfavourable war with an enemy group Branaugh would turn up to be helms deep in space 😄 wiki claims that UEE found this system to be not worth the effort, unprofitable and so it remained unclaimed. But I don't believe that, it might be unprofitable for an empire but I'm sure there are many profits to be made there for an org. Leir on the other hand might be such a contested system, I think it will prove to be more valuable than any other unclaimed system. It's well connected to 3 out 4 major factions, Vanduuls, Banu and UEE, rich in resources, it's planet is rocky and mountainous. For what it's worth it's local population is said to have strong ships and it's cities produce high quality materials. They might be isolationist and refuse to export anything they have. But if we can have a good standing with these local people we can buy their high quality goods and do the exporting ourselves... 😄 Nonetheless Leir is high on my travel list and will be one of my most visited systems probably.

Do you play any specific GSG?

:s4:

Victoria 3 tho I've been preoccupied with some cumbersome jobs lately 😄 (these days I can't find much opportunity to play anything) other than that I want to get back to Stellaris at some point. Stellaris is amazing, in some great multiplayer sessions it becomes like the star wars senate scenes and clone wars. It would be brilliant to play stellaris with star citizen, sancuary folk if we can organise such an event at some point.  Are you interested in grand strategy games? Do you play any of them, if so which one is your favorite?

Edited by Faerr
  • Thanks 1

• Executive
10 hours ago, Yva Xorna said:

I'm pretty sure I will spend a day stuck in an elevator, lose 5 helmets between habs and takeoff and then spend some time checking out the scenery while running delivery missions. I really want to spend time looking for jump points too.

Oh they better fix them elevator bugs before it goes live loooooool

stuck-elevator.gif

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2023 at 3:50 PM, Faerr said:

source.jpg

While I do not like PvP as a thing and would hope we can avoid it on day one. Which really depends on our alliances and how annoying trolls and Nats want to be. But to be honest in regards to PvE I DO hope we Go Big Or Go Home. We should know well before D1 if it is possible to take control of npc settlements of gangs, cartels and slavery let alone unclaimed systems. If that IS going to be possible, it could literally be Epic. Will not go farther into my thinking in the open section of the forum.

• Like 2

Well we know we are supposed to have NPC crew at one point. I'm not entirely sure how exactly we are supposed to get the crew though. Will it be like Minecraft where you have to take them from the wild? Or maybe they will be some sort of commodity to purchase? I could see there being an option as a player to take control of NPC areas but it remains to be seen the impact that would have. I have a feeling CIG are going to try and do something "groundbreaking" with that.

• Like 1

First things first, of course, I will bid farewell to my family. They'll be fine, my kids are mostly adults by now. Then - it begins. I will do as much small things as possible, collecting tons of supplies. Days, weeks, months - don't even care. And after that - leave in every possible direction, drifting through space, exploring, and collecting some random valuables, including scrap ships. 

I will be a space man, coming to civilization mostly to trade, restock and interact with you, wonderful people.

And I will repeat the Starrail cheesy phrase before departing: "May this journey lead us starward". Straight into global/proximity chat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Executive
10 hours ago, Enigmo said:

First things first, of course, I will bid farewell to my family. They'll be fine, my kids are mostly adults by now. Then - it begins. I will do as much small things as possible, collecting tons of supplies. Days, weeks, months - don't even care. And after that - leave in every possible direction, drifting through space, exploring, and collecting some random valuables, including scrap ships. 

I will be a space man, coming to civilization mostly to trade, restock and interact with you, wonderful people.

And I will repeat the Starrail cheesy phrase before departing: "May this journey lead us starward". Straight into global/proximity chat.

no-life-south-park.gif

15 hours ago, Yva Xorna said:

Well we know we are supposed to have NPC crew at one point. I'm not entirely sure how exactly we are supposed to get the crew though. Will it be like Minecraft where you have to take them from the wild? Or maybe they will be some sort of commodity to purchase? I could see there being an option as a player to take control of NPC areas but it remains to be seen the impact that would have. I have a feeling CIG are going to try and do something "groundbreaking" with that.

I suspect that they will try to make it as close to RL life as possible, reusing the mission boards tech for the equivalent of Monster.com or hiring agencies depending on what you require. 

BUT if you think you are paranoid, you are insufficiently paranoid in regards to this game. I cannot imagine them being so ignorant of the game play mechanics that they have placed in this game and what it actually COULD allow Orgs, both player and NPC Orgs to do. And by NPC Orgs I mean more than gangs, pirates, slavers and Xeno. After all do we have confirmation that the Messer line is extinct and all of the kids dead and that EVERY system in Imperial space that has been discovered is in fact on the map or even known to exist by the existing government?

• Like 1

• Executive
10 hours ago, Korvin2001 said:

I suspect that they will try to make it as close to RL life as possible, reusing the mission boards tech for the equivalent of Monster.com or hiring agencies depending on what you require. 

BUT if you think you are paranoid, you are insufficiently paranoid in regards to this game. I cannot imagine them being so ignorant of the game play mechanics that they have placed in this game and what it actually COULD allow Orgs, both player and NPC Orgs to do. And by NPC Orgs I mean more than gangs, pirates, slavers and Xeno. After all do we have confirmation that the Messer line is extinct and all of the kids dead and that EVERY system in Imperial space that has been discovered is in fact on the map or even known to exist by the existing government?

There will be quite the amount of exploration to be done with new discoveries and storylines added, and content will be running like a river for sure!

tuzki-usagi-fish.gif