General SOE FAQ

Questions and Answers with Tiggs

Crafters check this out

Screenies of CU2 - Astrus

More CU2 Clickies

Jedi skill descriptions via screenshot

NGE Duel Video...... - Astrus

Jedi Skills

I am guessing you can add new skills with quests etc along the way. The "tree" appears to give you nothing but the essentials.

Student (Level 1-15)

Fundamentals 1: Focused Strike (Attack)

Fundamentals 2: Ataru Focus (Bonus damage buff)

Fundamentals 3: Center of Being (Bonus defense buff)

Fundamentals 4: Centered Strike (Stronger attack)

Fundamentals 5: Makashi Focus (Bonus damage buff)

Fundamentals 6: Shii-Cho Strike (Stronger attack) / Force Run

Initiate (Level 16-40)

Essentials 1: Force Hardening (bonus defense buff)

Essentials 2: Force Aura (bonus defense buff)

Essentials 3: Vaapad Focus (bonus damage buff), 1st Generation Lightsaber, +10 Lightsaber Assembly/Focus

Essentials 4: Meditate (Recharge Health)/Saber Block (Ranged attack invulnerability for short time), +5 LS A/F

Essentials 5: Grapple (Damage/Snare), +5 LS A/F

Essentials 6: Niman Strike (Stronger Attack), +5 LS A/F

Adept (Level 41-65)

Expertise 1: Shii-Cho Stance (Defense Stance that increases block/dodge), Saber Throw, 2nd Generation Lightsaber, +5 LS A/F

Expertise 2: Force Shock (Damage/Snare), +5 LS A/F

Expertise 3: Ataru Strike (Stronger attack), +5 LS A/F

Expertise 4: Focus of Life (Self Heal), +5 LS A/F

Expertise 5: Force Grapple (Damage/Snare), 3rd Generation Lightsaber, +5 LS A/F

Expertise 6: Makashi Strike (Stronger Attack), +10 LS A/F

Sword Master (Level 66-90)

Mastery 1: Niman Stance (Defense stance that increases block/dodge), +5 LS A/F

Mastery 2: Force Choke (Damage/Snare), +5 LS A/F

Mastery 3: Djem So Strike (Stronger Attack), 4th Generation Lightsaber, +5 LS A/F

Mastery 4: Force Regenation (Self Heal), +5 LS A/F

(Level 80 about here)

Mastery 5: Soresu Stance (Defense stance that increases block/dodge), +5 LS A/F

Mastery 6: Vaapad Strike (Stronger Attack), +10 LS A/F

There will also be looted skills...possibly from holocrons. Force Lightning will probably be there.

Edited by Astrus

Garva wrote about the village:

based on current information, no village status will not mean anything. I would just recommend with as fast as this forum is moving to check the dev tracker before posting to see if any of the post answer your questions. Tiggs was up very late answering a some questions people had.

I.e. if you are part way through the village...oh well...so sad... :cussing:

Thought this was interesting regaring our respecs, it seems it doesnt go by skill pts for most of us (entertainers and crafters will still use their skillpoints for respec). Instead, it seems to go by CL.

Tiggs:

1. As Jedi seem to have more points vested than other players, will those players who were high level Jedi get more re-spec points?

Re-spec is based on combat level (or Skill Point usage in the case of Entertainers and Traders), but we do have some other great incentives for veteran Jedi in recognition of their efforts.

• Executive
Garva wrote about the village:

based on current information, no village status will not mean anything. I would just recommend with as fast as this forum is moving to check the dev tracker before posting to see if any of the post answer your questions.  Tiggs was up very late answering a some questions people had.

I.e. if you are part way through the village...oh well...so sad... :cussing:

5472[/snapback]

Dude, does that mean I will not be able to unlock my last branch???!?!!!!

All I got from that message was that if you are, say, half way thru your FS grind when the CU2 hits, you will not get anything for your time.

Side note, I dont want to be the bearer of bad news, despite what Yva might say, but I heard that the Old Man was no longer visiting people. I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS CONFIRMED. This may be for only the first visit, or it may be in general. Your best bet is to check out the FS forum.

:pray: for Shawkorrr

:pray: for us all

Tiggs wrote:

Radisma wrote:

If someone unlocked and is waiting for the old man right now ( the second visit to fight mel ) will the old man still visit them or since the FS village is going to be phased out will the old man no longer visit people.

Yes the old man will still visit until NGE is on the Live servers.

All I got to say is...boo on SOE...just when I get the game to where I like it, they go and change it. This CU better be frelling worth it! :cussing:

It seems that the more info that comes out from testers and the like, the more I begin to feel that many "vets" will be screwed over. It seems that most of the devs are pushing for complete re-rolls of characters. Personally I think that they are worried that this wont go over big, so they want all of us to re-roll so that we can partake in the new quests that they have created. Maybe its just me, but again, I have a bad feeling about this.

Blackferne (marksman coro) said:

"What about BH and player bounties." -The reason they gave for the PC bounties were removed is that it promoted a bitter bitter rivalry between BHs and Jedi. I never was a Jedi, but having run BH missions I was upset to no end when I track somebody and find...a generic small house and tells respond with /afk message. Also they want the focus to be on the GCW and having parts of you population angry and upset they can't kill each other because the other is an exploiting **edit** doesn't really build a gameworld. So yes some people enjoyed that, but howmany people avoided teh BH/Jedi forums because of that.

"quest grinding instead of leveling"- Okay that could be a fair assessment, but I don't really see it that way. I would rather go through the SW universe exploring and doing content, then power levelling on dantooine. But there isn't any game mechanic preventing you from doing the latter. (When I wanted off the space station I went to the atrium and grinded out lvl 4 on flits) But as for endgame? They really want to make the GCW the endgame. But they couldn't before because they had to tweak 34 profession systems and a complex combat system that was flawed.

"I'm CL 40 now and I'm going to miss out on all this noob stuff"- Well two options, reroll or just start a new character (possibly on another server) just to play the n00b island. They are looking into second character slots for everybody (maybe more I don't know), and I'm pestering for teh ability to change class (my system would be keep pilot/politician skills, but start at lvl 1 in your new class).

• Executive

Quote from the link below:

"First impression was very disapointing. Using he keyboard to move is uncomfortable for extended play time. But what do you DEVS care, Monthly payments are made regardless if someone logs on once a month or 12k times amonth.

The monologue is annoying, but understandable for new players. I do not see why changing an entire gaming sytem i.e. interface for this. Also the 9 profs are laughably done. Very childlike it it's endeavor to "immerse" us in StarWars. The system is NOT worth $15 bucks a month t o be played online, Battlefront is better for that if you like that sort of game play. The new targeting system is a pain and not enjoyable. I do not see how this makes it more starwars like. The New Skins ARE nice on the Ham, Chat, and map. Again why change a the whole for a few things. The leveling up is retarded. Cleary meant for the youngest players to be able climb a ladder without effort. 2 handed control at all times just to navigate is sadly not worth my time and effort.

SWG was a complicated world of professions that game us individualism to live the adventure WE chose. Don't let this go live.

Give us options to be abke to change the interface.

Get rid of the around the clock look of the Professions "meter".

Get rid of someone elses picture there also.

Bring Creatuer Handler back.

After you get of thje space stationa dn start the real adventure you get to the planets and it's like blah... so they changed it all for the elaborate intro?

I tried Commando, got tired of looking at commander Cody. tried Jedi got tired of looking at Luke.

I want to see my Picture. I am not emulating another person. I am an individual play my part in the story, NOT a clone.

Back in teh 80's when the mouse started to become popular and the platform was being utilized and Quest Games were movng in that direction we called THEM the games with the IDIOT INTERFACE, Sadly i thought never to use that term again until i played this on TC. SWG has been changed to IDIOT INTERFACE.

DON"T LET THIS GO PUBLIC WITHOUT LEGITAMENTLY THINKING ON CHANGES.

I THOUGHT THE CU WAS A PAIN, NOW IT LOOKS GLORIOUS. BUT THIS HORRIBLE.

The

-Warr"

I AGREE WITH HIM!

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/m...cending&page=52

*edit*

and this I agree too as well:

"-Waaaaay too many Jedi. I thought part of the point of this change (at least, according to Torres) was to help make the game feel more "Star=-Warsy". Apparently this means that Jedi were commonplace during a time when Vader had killed most, if not all, of them. But hey, Jedi will sell games, so who cares, right?"

This is like the Star Wars d20 RPG...maybe this could be a good thing...if people learn the definition of "roleplay"

Whoo! 2nd page!

• Executive

Got this from the TCON forum:

Anti Decay Kits

With the removal of item damage and decay, the “Anti-decay kit” veteran reward is not as useful as it once was. Rather than deleting these items or leaving them with a useless ability, they are being changed into a new rare useful item: the Profession Restart Kit.

The Profession Restart Kit is similar to the “respec item” which all existing players will receive at login, but with some very important differences:

The Profession Restart Kit allows you to change your class, but does NOT convert any pre-existing combat levels. If you are a level 90 Bounty Hunter and you use the Profession Restart Kit to choose Smuggler, for example, then you will become a level 1 smuggler. Unlike the “respec item”, the Profession Restart Kit does not convert your combat levels to the new class. It * only * changes your class.

The Profession Restarter kit is tradable, whereas the 10-charge profession respec item is not tradable.

The Profession Restarter kit is one-shot only. Once you use it to change classes, it will cease to exist.

ADK kits which have not been applied to items will convert automatically to Profession Restart Kits when you login. ADK's that have been applied to items will turn into Profession Restarter Kits when they are removed from the item to which they have been applied.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/m...essage.id=44867

They can kiss my shiny metal bum! I should have picked the Jabba miniature! :cussing:

TC-Corbantis Conversion Testing

Now that many of you have had a chance to check out the exciting new game enhancements in our newly designed first 10 combat levels, we are ready to give you what you all have been waiting for - the chance to check out the new game enhancements in the existing content!

We will be copying-over the data/content from Corbantis server on November 1st to Test Center. To check out this content, go to Test Center and simply choose the server you would like to play on in the Test Center environment.

So far, many players have had great things to say about the new game enhancements in the newly designed first 10 levels and we anticipate this trend of positive feedback to continue with the addition of the existing game world content. Be sure to check it out and let us know what you think on our TC-Conversion Forum

SOE can go f'''''''''' themselves! :cussing:

Edited by Shawkorrr