Imperial Focus On SancTuarY

Astrus

• Founder

As soon as i logged on i got a distress call from Kiren (Leader of FIRM) to head to SancTuarY quick.

...and this is what i found .

Now you can barely see it...but thats about 20+ Imperial PC's and the location is directly behind our clone center. KEG, VIPER, BSA, NIF, OMEGA, DSL.....all of them have a intrest in bullying our city. And its obvious why they do.

We ultimately made them retreat from our city after a hour long battle w/ the help of our friends from FIRM, TacD, Valor, WRA OoL and a couple other rebel guilds respectively.

We then took the battle to Dantooine...Kenosis (City of KEG) and we held that city hostage until the server restarted, in retaliation for the attack on SancTuarY.

We built SancTuarY up together....now we are THE PRIME focus of the imperials.

This would be the second major battle in SancTuarY in the last 4 days...the first was a battle that brought forth over 30+ imperial PC's to our city and we won there also.

So be prepared....lock your doors...and Weaponsmiths...make some mines...because the war ive been warning us about is here...

/salute

ah can we get a few greaves droids on the cantina door??? :P (since there the only thing jedi seem to have troble killing.... and well i dont stand much of a chance agains a womp rat let aloan a jedi :P but in any case i watched one of the battles in sanct and man all you could see was the flashers of lightsabers it was sorta cool ^_^

I had the privilege of fighting alongside Apathy and a few other jedi's earlier. I tried my hardest to kill the imps, but of course, it was insta-death many times. :cussing: It seems now that the war is approaching so I am starting to make my character more powerful so i can help defend sanctuary and any rebel in trouble against the empire. :H5:

• Executive

.: SANCTUARY GUILD :.

Fellow members of the SancTuarY Guild, keep up the good work! Fight & destroy all evil there is in the galaxy, especially the imperials that are trying to ruin our gorgeous city! We will not surrender our city to the Imperials that are spreading evil all over the galaxy. We will prevail!!

Even the lowest lvl character can help out in these battles that are going on in our city; you don't have to be almighty, like Astrus, when it comes to PvP, PvE.. there are those who are in the back, supporting those who are in the frontline (medics, sharpshooters, artisans etc)!

What I am trying to say to you all, that is defending SancTuarY City, is that I, as a SancTuarY Recruiting Admin is VERY proud of your good work! Meeting up in battlefields shows me that you are a true rebel and a dang excellent combatant! :H5:

And I would also like to thank all other guilds that are supporting/defending the SancTuarY City in these fights. *deepbow*

That is all. Thank you.

.: Shawkorrr :.

.: SANCTUARY GUILD :.

Fellow members of the SancTuarY Guild, keep up the good work! Fight & destroy all evil there is in the galaxy, especially the imperials that are trying to ruin our gorgeous city! We will not surrender our city to the Imperials that are spreading evil all over the galaxy. We will prevail!!

Even the lowest lvl character can help out in these battles that are going on in our city; you don't have to be almighty, like Astrus, when it comes to PvP, PvE.. there are those who are in the back, supporting those who are in the frontline (medics, sharpshooters, artisans etc)!

What I am trying to say to you all, that is defending SancTuarY City, is that I, as a SancTuarY Recruiting Admin is VERY proud of your good work! Meeting up in battlefields shows me that you are a true rebel and a dang excellent combatant! :H5:

And I would also like to thank all other guilds that are supporting/defending the SancTuarY City in these fights. *deepbow*

That is all. Thank you.

.: Shawkorrr :.

3133[/snapback]

Ah whata bout me :unsure: im only an ent now and my insp buff dosnt do anything to help in battle :furious: oh well i gess i could just be the residend cheer leader :ROFL:

• Executive
Ah whata bout me  :unsure: im only an ent now and my insp buff dosnt do anything to help in battle  :furious: oh well i gess i could just be the residend cheer leader  :ROFL:

3134[/snapback]

LMAO BIGTIME! :ROFL: Dude, I mentioned those who are staying in the back! And you are one of those if ur an entertainer.. you are important for buffs, bf healing etc.. and cheerleading!!!!!! hehehe *Go SancT, Go SancT*

- Shaw

Chunga & Ke'ell: really you don't have to be out in the front lines doing the tanking to help.

I'm kinda low on the combat side so I usually run around and heal or assist somebody who's attacking somebody else.

Last night I spent most of the time either taking out turrets, trying to plant new ones, or targeting them with ours.

Just do what you can, every little bit we do chips away at the empire :P

So even if we have no doc or buff skills of any type we can still do things like target people with our turrets? Hmm..in he past I have always tried to fight like everyone else and of course I last like 30 seconds before I die. I take it we have to be special forces to run a turret?

So even if we have no doc or buff skills of any type we can still do things like target people with our turrets?  Hmm..in he past I have always tried to fight like everyone else and of course I last like 30 seconds before I die.  I take it we have to be special forces to run a turret?

3144[/snapback]

You're still a sniper. We had our ranged guys standing behind our tanks just laying down fire. As long as you stay over 32m from the Jedi's you are pretty safe.

And in PVP remember that CL is not as important. Sure it gives you more health, skills, defenses and better weapons. However having a much lower CL doesn't give your opponent the damage bonuses that it does in PVE. A level 80 Character can't one hit incapp you just because they are 50 CLs higher. To do that they actually have to hit you for more than your health. That means that buffs, health crystals, armor (if you can wear it), spices and foods are much more important to you.

I wouldn't recommend going on an offensive as a low level character as they have a better chance of isolating you from the group. However in a defensive situation like last night, the jedi need to break past our front lines to confront you directly but with a rifle you can shoot at them from 65m away which often is well behind the front lines. Also they are much more concerned about the Jedis and high level healers and will often leave the low level characters alone.

Even those without any combat skills can stand behind the lines and fire a rifle. Sure they don't do very much damage by themselves but it all adds up.

You're still a sniper. We had our ranged guys standing behind our tanks just laying down fire. As long as you stay over 32m from the Jedi's you are pretty safe.

And in PVP remember that CL is not as important. Sure it gives you more health, skills, defenses and better weapons. However having a much lower CL doesn't give your opponent the damage bonuses that it does in PVE. A level 80 Character can't one hit incapp you just because they are 50 CLs higher. To do that they actually have to hit you for more than your health. That means that buffs, health crystals, armor (if you can wear it), spices and foods are much more important to you.

I wouldn't recommend going on an offensive as a low level character as they have a better chance of isolating you from the group. However in a defensive situation like last night, the jedi need to break past our front lines to confront you directly but with a rifle you can shoot at them from 65m away which often is well behind the front lines. Also they are much more concerned about the Jedis and high level healers and will often leave the low level characters alone.

Even those without any combat skills can stand behind the lines and fire a rifle. Sure they don't do very much damage by themselves but it all adds up.

3147[/snapback]

Thanks for the info Jerok. I do have a couple more questions.....What foods should I eat and what buffs should I get? I used to drink Brandy for mind but none of it seems to work so I destroyed it. Being that it was all pre-cu may have been the reason it didn't work. I do have some armor for melee...I can't remember the name but it is pre-cu also.

<snip>

What foods should I eat and what buffs should I get?  <snip>

3148[/snapback]

If it matters to anyone, I ate some pretzels during the few hours I was special forces that day. I find that it helps me to focus my concentration more on the grape juice I was drinking, since the salt tends to make me thirsty.

Quick notes on something a bit more topical...

1) Breath of Heaven is nice, as it adds some to each stat, mostly health and action and regeneration for each (which I like). Blob Candy is good too, for dessert and it's ability to regen action. There are many other options out there though. I'm no culinary expert.

2) Per, a full CL80 melee template, ultimately switched to ranged...and even with only 'ranged shot' and a base ranged accuracy of...zero... I did better as a ranged defender overall as I was now actually fighting and adding some damage to existing targets, instead of traveling to and from the cloning center...which is what I did for the first two hours of fighting when I tried to take down all those Jedi. Point being, any help is help -- whether you're the current FotM killer template or just someone fighting for what they believe in.

All in all it was a lot of fun, and for someone like me that hasn't PvPd in more than a year, it was interesting. I definitely enjoy PvP when there is an actual objective to be met. Like, base attack or defense, for example.

Edited to add minor tactical observations:

1) The imps had a pet killed about 55 meters from the base. It suddenly became the first thing targetted by each ranged rebel everytime we tabbed to a new target. During the Dearic Imp base raid, they had a bike blown up near the river. Same issue there. I seriously wonder they did that on purpose. It probably added a total of 10000 keystrokes for (collectively) the alliance players over the course of those hours. I'd love to figure out how to do this to our advantage one day.

2) The base we defended was near other city buildings (obviously). The Imps had buildings on either side of the base to run around and break LoS. It's hard enough to design a city, but this shows how hard it is to design a city for defense. Something to consider in more detail, perhaps... and try to come up with a base positioning that grants defender advantages versus attacker advantages. Off the top, if that base is ever taken down, perhaps just rotating it around such that the entrance faces outward from the city might resolve that. Or introduce other issues...not sure about it either way.

3) Similar to 2, there's a factory near the base, and it was used to break LoS by the guy that took out the turret.

4) The more successful teams use voice comms, like teamspeak and such. From experience, it makes group coordination a breeze. One keystroke and your in touch with your group..whether they're in your SWG party or not. I can't recommend this highly enough if there's an active group that regularly PvPs (or even PvEs, though it's not as necessary there) in SancT. And if there is a SancT voice server, please let me know...and I'll dust off my headset.

Thanks for the info Jerok.  I do have a couple more questions.....What foods should I eat and what buffs should I get?  I used to drink Brandy for mind but none of it seems to work so I destroyed it.  Being that it was all pre-cu may have been the reason it didn't work.  I do have some armor for melee...I can't remember the name but it is pre-cu also.

3148[/snapback]

Just get all the doctor buffs. There's a ranged defense drink that is really good (+99) and blob candy is great as it's long lasting. There's also a drink that increases ranged accuracy but it's short in duration and if you drink too much you will fill up. Some people are still eating Canape as well. But I can't tell you exactly what I use now as I'm at work.

What foods should I eat and what buffs should I get?

I am by no means an expert at pvp, I am still learning

Draejth eats

crispic - +70melee +40ranged accuracy

pikita pie - +51%dodge

exon wafers - +25%damage mitigation

vagranerian canape - +379health/+200health regen/+50mind regen

drinks Vasarian Brandy usually +360heath regen/+200action regen/+50mind regen

and takes a booster blue spice (+20%health +20% action regen +20% mind regen -20%health regen)

Buffs wise get as many as possible but it is not always useful to get doctor speed buff, you will just have to see if having this buff drains your action too quick Drajth can take it , Vigocke cant but sometimes like last night it is more useful to do lots of damage quick and then have to rest than be able to deal a constant stream of damage

I have a crate of breath of heaven and am gradually moving towards this

Ok my plan for myself is to be on Guild Chat more! I never know when these battles are going on :look: If someone...anyone could send me a tell I will be there as fast as my furry legs can run and dole out as much lightsabre damage as I can! Go Sanct! hehehe :H5:

• Founder
Chunga & Ke'ell: really you don't have to be out in the front lines doing the tanking to help.

I'm kinda low on the combat side so I usually run around and heal or assist somebody who's attacking somebody else.

Last night I spent most of the time either taking out turrets, trying to plant new ones, or targeting them with ours.

Just do what you can, every little bit we do chips away at the empire :P

3142[/snapback]

yes this is true...yva ended up being of more help than some of the JEDI there....myself and Kiren lead all of the rebels involved and Yva came thru for us.

/salute :D

As usual, I'm a day late, and a dollar short...

But here's a dumb question (if a dumb question exists :P)...

Can the NME destroy our city? Or just make it damn hard to spawn there?

• Founder
As usual, I'm a day late, and a dollar short...

But here's a dumb question (if a dumb question exists :P)...

Can the NME destroy our city?  Or just make it damn hard to spawn there?

3163[/snapback]

nah they cant destroy the city...but they can destroy our rebel bases and surround us w/ imperial bases.....and that....would suck...

• Executive
nah they cant destroy the city...but they can destroy our rebel bases and surround us w/ imperial bases.....and that....would suck...

3167[/snapback]

yeah, imagine a 100% rebel city surrounded by imps.. would have been BAD for business.. especially while grinding! *sigh*

thus it is important that we keep up fighting those Imperials with all we got!

- Shaw

Well...I tried to help defend the city last night....I shuttled to Dearic...went combatant...came back to out city because I was told there was a reb captain who could make me SF...the lousy bastage was hiding in the building and never came out.....went back to Dearic and declared SF.....Swooped back to Dearic...stoped 70 or so meters from the fight and stored my swoop....saw a jedi running toward me....next thing I know I am laying down looking at the ski getting choked....clone activation in progress...LOL I helped for a whole 3 seconds...maybe..I hope I at least distracted that jedi from killing someone else. On a better note it was fun killing the imp npc's in cnet.