SancT-770 Computer System

Astrus

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Founder
this deal changed at all since Ju; 08? new technology, price reduction do to decrease in price of materials? year old system now.

40584[/snapback]

Prices havent changed on the cost side for most dealers on items due to the recession.

I think significant price changes in parts will come next quarter.

As far as components are concerned I have changed a few vendors for better quality as late as a month or so ago. smile.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Prices havent changed on the cost side for most dealers on items due to the recession.

I think significant price changes in parts will come next quarter.

As far as components are concerned I have changed a few vendors for better quality as late as a month or so ago.  :)

40585[/snapback]

Are you gonna start using Windows 7 Pro in the place of XP?

More than likely yes.

Im going to give it a couple more months before I deem it as "stable". Having said that its looking really good atm.

42206[/snapback]

ya i wanted to uprgade my comp to what i heard was windows xp64 bit edition or 32bit couldnt remember so i could rock 8+ gigs of ram. however the store said it doesnt exist so im gonna be goin windows 7 after christmas cause my dad got me 8 gigs ddr2 ram for xmas. yay!

hope it isnt to bad, since i heard with 6gigs+ it tends to run well, and if i get enough money i may turn in the ram and go higher.

btw astrus i may need some help just telling me what to do in regards to installing a new operation system, (its been a while since last i did it) and i have way more crap i need to save then last i did it.

• Founder
ya i wanted to uprgade my comp to what i heard was windows xp64 bit edition or 32bit couldnt remember so i could rock 8+ gigs of ram. however the store said it doesnt exist so im gonna be goin windows 7 after christmas cause my dad got me 8 gigs ddr2 ram for xmas. yay!

hope it isnt to bad, since i heard with 6gigs+ it tends to run well, and if i get enough money i may turn in the ram and go higher.

btw astrus i may need some help just telling me what to do in regards to installing a new operation system, (its been a while since last i did it) and i have way more crap i need to save then last i did it.

42207[/snapback]

Whoever you talked to at that store should be fired if its a Computer store.

They had absolutely no idea what they were talking about.

Version (32-bit Limit)[64-bit Limit]

Windows 7 Ultimate (4 GB)[192 GB]

Windows 7 Enterprise (4 GB)[192 GB]

Windows 7 Professional (4 GB)[192 GB]

Windows 7 Home Premium (4 GB)[16 GB]

Windows 7 Home Basic (4 GB)[8 GB]

Windows 7 Starter (2 GB)[2 GB]

And I'm getting a Technet subscription from Microsoft for $349/1st yr $249/ea yr thereafter where I can get win7 ult as well as windows server 2008 etc etc to install on all my comps. I currently have 3 comps that I'm going to put win7 ult on, so I'm going to be saving money with that subscription. thanks to yonv for the heads up on that...

• 3 weeks later...

Oh and for a little show-and-tell on how bomb-proof this system is (now running Win 7 Ult) click the link for a screen shot of my webserver's stats.

I've had a web server up and running on here since I installed win 7 6 months ago. the computer hasn't been turned off except for updates and such. At the time of the screenie, it's been up for a little over 6 months straight. Before that I had XP (installed by astrus) and it worked fine then too.

At the time of this post, one of the case fans has developed a chirp (literally within mintues of me posting this...) where I think the bearings are going bad... or could just be all the dust.... lol.

Here's the uptime screenshot.

Now where'd I put that can of air and my vacuum...here dust bunnies...time to come out and play!

• Founder
Oh and for a little show-and-tell on how bomb-proof this system is (now running Win 7 Ult) click the link for a screen shot of my webserver's stats.

I've had a web server up and running on here since I installed win 7 6 months ago.  the computer hasn't been turned off except for updates and such.  At the time of the screenie, it's been up for a little over 6 months straight.  Before that I had XP (installed by astrus) and it worked fine then too.

At the time of this post, one of the case fans has developed a chirp (literally within mintues of me posting this...) where I think the bearings are going bad...  or could just be all the dust.... lol.

Here's the uptime screenshot.

Now where'd I put that can of air and my vacuum...here dust bunnies...time to come out and play!

42360[/snapback]

haha, yes bro....the infamous fan squeal (or at least thats what I call it.)

Ya thats from neglecting to clean it every 3-4 months or so.

Video card fans are usually the first to go when a comp isnt dusted properly. I planned on people not cleaning them well and replaced the, very common, Video card fans with really good heatsinks that bleed the heat off so that that huge fan at the top can exhale it, after the side fan blows the heat off the sinks and around the inside of the case.

Luckily the 120mm fans in there are the least expensive part of the computer and easily replaceable. But I think a good vacuum and air dusting may do the trick. s46.gif

I like to see people putting those systems to the test haha. When I shipped that comp to you I knew youd make good use of it and put it to the test. s16.gif

haha, yes bro....the infamous fan squeal (or at least thats what I call it.)

Ya thats from neglecting to clean it every 3-4 months or so.

Video card fans are usually the first to go when a comp isnt dusted properly. I planned on people not cleaning them well and replaced the, very common, Video card fans with really good heatsinks that bleed the heat off so that that huge fan at the top can exhale it, after the side fan blows the heat off the sinks and around the inside of the case.

Luckily the 120mm fans in there are the least expensive part of the computer and easily replaceable. But I think a good vacuum and air dusting may do the trick.  s46.gif

I like to see people putting those systems to the test haha. When I shipped that comp to you I knew youd make good use of it and put it to the test.  s16.gif

42383[/snapback]

Oh yeah. I make very good use of it. It's pretty much Zhiv proof now. Even with the web server, mail server, ftp server, mysql server, (notice a trend here?), and image server chewing up CPU cycles. And I STILL play tf2 @ max resolution with no problem.

hold on...*whack*...had to kill a dust bunny. If you don't have one of these, get one. If I can keep it up forever and not destroy it, it must be bomb-proof.