Bunky stepping down...for now

Bunky

Being promoted to a Guild Leader was not only a very honored title, but came with much responsibility.

I spoke with Astrus in detail about what was expected of me. Not only was I going to be a much needed healer in our increasing raiding schedule, but I was to lead Kara, be there for advice and help to our members and help out our leadership with recruiting, and many more duties that Astrus and Shaw do on a daily basis behind the scenes etc.

I was ready and willing to take on these responsibilities at that time. Unfortunately not long after being promoted a sort of chain reaction of big events started in mine and Iconic's life.

First we had the "Big Move", we had a house built and had to move our family (we sure ac**no no word**ulated a ton of stuff) with a newborn. Then when we got to the new house it wasn't exactly finished, so we had people in and out for a couple weeks doing repairs and finishing touches.

We also had to wait a bit for our internet (the famous 3 second lagging satellite ftw lol) After things settled down in our personal life we had a BIG shock one Friday, the first of my missed SSC runs. Our children go to a private school, and I found out at an all school parent meeting that the school was closing!

It is very late in the year to start looking for a new school At that point I told a few members of our leadership that I was putting raiding on hold until I find a place for my children to go to school. That started the task of interviews and applications. I felt like we were applying to Yale lol We even had to attend a "family Meeting" with the Headmaster and 3rd grade teacher at the school we really wanted.

Trust me there was lots of bribery going on with the kids before we left for good behavior hehehe. The great news is, we got into "King's Schools" our school of choice! Yay!

All of the things going on in our personal life (a new thing has come up recently as well) along with the baby growing, starting to walk, and pushing the pretty blue lighted button on the front of my pc (on/off button ) has made it next to impossible to fulfill my duties of Guild Leader at this time. I know many of our members have been asking where I am on raid nights.

Many have perfect attendance while I am off dealing with RL. I am truely sorry for not keeping everyone up to date on what has been going on. I thought it would be temporary so I only let a few leaders know. I feel terrible for never really jumping into the leader position and easing the load for the others.

I love this guild and our SancT family, therefore I am doing what is right by stepping down as a guild leader. This was a very hard decision for me to make, but I was promoted to help better the guild, and didn't do that as I would have liked. So I am doing this for the guild. I will still be on as much as I can and as an admin will still be there to accept new members etc. and hopefully in the future when I am able to be the kind of leader that I want and need to be, I may be graced with the responsibility again.

I love my SancT family so gogogo!

• Founder
Ive been gone to bunky, so i understand what ur talking about. We all have to take care of RL first before a game.

32755[/snapback]

I think to Bunky SancT is more than just a game, but a means for alot of our members to congregate and have fun together in the game.

Her post was to let us know that she wouldnt be able to help us uphold the community as much as she would've wished. Bunky is like the other Guild Leaders in the sense that she knows RL and SancTuarY arent seperate....hence this post.

------------

As soon as youre ready to take up the responsiblities let me Shaw or Ikeek know Bunky. And thank you for having more class than alot of people I've met. :)

Bunky, I of all people understand just how frustrating the challenges life throws at us can be. Life has a pretty mean curve ball and it's how we handle these obstacles that help define us as individuals. Your an amazing person that I'm not certain any of us will every truly comprehend. You have an amazing perseverance that might be unmatched and I know undoubtedly you'll pull through everything with flying colors. Best of luck to you and if you need anything you know where to find us. Your other other family is always right here for you. B)

I couldn't agree more with all that has been said here. My limited dealings with you Bunky have always been positive and I look forward to the next time I am fortunate enough to run something with you.

And from experience, RL ftw.

Cheers!