Grown up conversations......

Bodin Blaze

.....with Astrus are next to imposable. If you try to calmly tell him that you think something he said or did was impolite or just flat out wrong, Astrus will go off the deep end.

Point in case....Iconic asked for some help to obtain the best trinket that a warlock can get, one that summons a void walker with no shard and no mana cost. Anyone that plays a warlock can see the value behind such a trinket. And not one lev 70 Lock has left this trinket in the bank it is ALLWAYS in there bag.

Well in order to finish the quest you must go to Sunken Temple a instance that a lot of people hate (Astrus him self is a Sunken Temple hater, and rightly so that instance sucks....when we were lev 50 that is) Iconic asked for some help and he was baraded with you dont need to go there that instnace is trash, blah blah blah. Astrus even went as far to say that the trinket is not any good, this is not the case.

After about 2 min of a few of the other guild members along with astrus ganging up on Ico, I left vent. Being a friend of Ico I was pissed at the way his desire to do this quest (one that would take NO time for a few lev 70 guildmembers to assist) was trivalised and basicly put down. A quest that I was going to help him with had the BS in vent not made him deside to log out in frustration. I came back and asked to speek to Astrus alone.

I asked him why he did that to Iconic. "Do what he said" I told him that he basicly said what Ico wants is not important. I went on the tell astrus that Sunken Temple is not a bad instnace there are plenty of reasons to go there, skinners, high xp quests and this one, the reason why all locks go to ST the Lock trinket.

I told him that what he did was wrong, he then proseded to do what he dose anytime anyone confornts him. Threats, "I will give you one more chance to stop this crap, I dont care dont tell me how to run my guild, or how talk to my guild members, you are not a member here. What you say dosnt matter here." Are a few of the things that he said.

WAIT stop the presses. No I am not a member of Sanct anymore, true, why. Cuz then Astrus was killing yellows to lev(and telling everyone else that was the best way to lev up. Astrus's way is the only way) I wanted to get the guild to work as a team, grind quests and instances. For my continued pokeing of guild members to come help a toon that I was twinkeing (but only if they could get xp and have quests to do, most of the tie i would walk the through the quests to get to were they needed to be) that toon was kicked out. Never was I once rude or demanding help, all I was doing was getting people to not grind yellows.

I /gquit Ollof cuz what Astrus did was wrong and I told him as much. What did he do that time? He banned me from vent. Not being the type of person to just let someone treat me like crap I did not stop demanding that I be let back in to have my peace. After I said that I felt it was wrong I was unbaned from vent.

Even after NOT being in the guild I still helped the guild out every chance i could get. Ask anyone I have helped, I would drop what ever I was doing to help out. And this will still be the case (provided there is not some guild rule inacter that prohibits any Sanct members from grouping with me) I will help out any time I can.

Astrus you need to take a long look at your life a look at what it is that makes you talk to everyone like a child. You go off the deep end WAY to soon. I was NOT telling you how to run your guild. I was tryen to talk to you, Man to Man and tell you what you did was messed up. By banning me from vent, you basicly did what my little brother would do when he was 7 and I told him something he did was wrong. He pluged his ears and stared yelling LAH LAH LAH LAH. I CANT HEAR YOU.

If this post is not removed, I will expect to see some replys from Astrus pointing out some things in my post that he thinks are "wrong" and then giving the "facts" that he says are "true". I nont lie I never have and never will, this is the truth of what heppend.

In parting, I wish you all the best of luck But you will not be seeing me around anymore in Vent cuz Astrus cant handle when people tell him like it is. Unless it is what he wants to hear. Astrus dude I like you but you can be a real jerk sometimes, this was one of thos times, the worst IMO.

This post is just dumb. Why do you come in here and call people out if you're all the time helping folks? This kind of bullsh*t doesn't help anything. I thought perhaps you'd calmed down some, but I can see you are still pulling the same crap.

Here's a solution:

Make your own guild and run it how you see fit. If you can't play by the GL rules, why complain? It's just so freaking negative and childish, which is funny as your title is about "grown up conversations..." Do you think this is the way to solve things? Honestly..

You think we all agree with astrus on everything all the time? You do have to remember it's our guild but its under his rule as he is the creator and guild leader his word is basically law.

No matter what you do in life you'll have to abide by rules and regulations unless you can in some way cede your property to be its own little country. Then you can can do anything when how and where you want. You want to talk about childish? you think we all care how your level 19 warlock has 500000 mana.....then 30 seconds later you say you bought a new item that makes it 500004 mana? That *crap* is childish. No one cares to here crap like that. its irritating its like someone calling out they have 400 kills to level and count down every kill.

And if you felt bad for Iconic who is more a friend to me then anyone in game outside of bunky why didnt you help him? I mean yeah its a decent trinket but when hes in combat you think he'll feign death swap trinkets and call his void walker? You obviously fail to realize not all people care about items. We are not all like you and seek the ubah phats.

You need to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror and try to find a way to rectify your retardedness. Cause your never gonna get anywhere in life " fighting the man " cuz hes trying to hold you down. Do you think your the Al Sharpton of WOW?

I've known - and accepted for some time that Astrus is opinionated and somewhat confrontational . . and it's necessary and benefitial because he's not mediating MySpace; he's leading a force of *dedicated* individuals in an intense, yet

simulated war with tangible, measurable goals.

If you don't like it - leave, which you already did. [yet still in our vent and forums].

Furthermore, while I congratulate you on undoubtedly possesing every blue item a level 18-19 Warlock could have, take it from one who has experienced a Warlock (post Westfal, that is) who knows what they're talking about, since evidently you don't.

The Voidcaller trinket is very cool and useful while still learning to play the class, getting you out of a bind while soloing quests, but I assure you it is not used, or even carried for that matter, during endgame raiding or PvP encounters [Where Voidwalkers are useless].

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. .

I for one was in the channel when this was occuring. Astrus didn't say Iconic couldn't go get the trinket. Iconic was just asking for help and Astrus gave his opinon. Anyone could have helped including you Bodin I didn't hear you say sure I will go help either. I would point you to Rule 3.

• Founder
I for one was in the channel when this was occuring.  Astrus didn't say Iconic couldn't go get the trinket.  Iconic was just asking for help and Astrus gave his opinon.  Anyone could have helped including you Bodin I didn't hear you say sure I will go help either.  I would point you to Rule 3.

19026[/snapback]

Thanks to those who posted here...im going to go ahead and close this topic so it die.