Florida alligators

Shawkorrr

• Executive

Alligator attacks in Florida!

"MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- The bodies of two women, both apparently killed by alligators, were found Sunday less than a week after a similar death in Florida, where there have been just 17 confirmed fatal attacks by the animals in the previous 58 years

..."

Stop feeding them alligators with meat outside of your house! I've seen on Discovery about the alligators in Florida, and why do I see people feeding, and making them used to people? What if you stop feeding it, what will it go for when it want more meat? The neighbours kids! Don't mess with croc's and allis! :angry:

• Executive
Well this *is* Florida we are talking about  :blink:

On the one hand if they don't feed the crocks, they probably eat the cats.

12187[/snapback]

Yeah, they eat everything out there, including little babies playing in the backyard :(

Though I can say I feel sorry for the alligators, they have to feed somehow, and it does not help that we, the humans, are trespassing on their land. They are a part of the nature as well as we are. I hope they never completely remove the alligators from Florida, its part of the state's history.. "alligator swamps"

• Executive
At least theyre not as big as the ones down here :blink:

12193[/snapback]

Mavryk, they dont need Steve Irwin or Crocodile Dundee to get rid of them ;) But they do have several organizations which are capturing those alligators and releasing them in the wilderness.

"Size matters not"

If you swim in muddy water a crocodile can kill you, and so can an alligator. Their jaws are massive and can crush bones. On the other hand, a 7m long croc can bite a boat in half, an alligator cant :P

Edited by Shawkorrr

• Executive
hahaha shaw thats like the first thing I thought of.. like what if it's someone killed them to look like alligators did it, or someone fed them to the gators... o_O

12199[/snapback]

Mafia style!

heck, imagine you for example hate some highschool chicks (and your brain is F.UP bigtime).. why not knock them down and throw them to the alligators? who will ask questions? where is the proof? how can you tell the person was knocked down by a blunt intrument when the only way is to cut the alligator wide open and get all the human remains out? ....would be like looking for the needle in a tropical forest.

kinda reminds me of those who kill their victim with meat and then eat the murderweapon afterwards! :wrong:

ok, I am not going to tell more about "how to murder a person" in this topic, I know a great deal about it.... from Telly and stuff- :unsure:

edit: *whisper* "you did not hear it from me...."

Edited by Shawkorrr

• Executive
Im sure that was an episode out of CSI: Miami actually lol

12203[/snapback]

Yeah, I believe it was. They went all around the swamps. I think you are talking about the episode with the airplanecrash or something like that. The woman being sucked out of the plane etc.

Seems to me this reminds me of a tagline I've seen other places:

"Don't mess with <insert plural of a vicious animal here>, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

:ROFL:

Oh yes, Mav is accurate. The stinkin sharks, and snakes are pretty studly too.

We also have seen alligators as far north as North Carolina, somewhere in one of the rivers near the east coast.

The crocs are in Miami/Key West I think.

I used to deliver freight to Cape Canaveral and they have drainage ditches on both sides of the road which are prolly 10 feet wide and 5 feet down from the shoulder of the road, and I always saw alligators swimming in those. LOL. The sign says "No Stopping on Shoulder" for a reason.

When I lived in Orlando, there were always reports of small pets going missing from the golf course. Hmmmm...

Yes we got the biggest collection of "creatures that can kill you quickly and painfully" then anywhere else in the world...

Snakes (We got some of the worst)

Spiders (and some of the worst of these too)

Sharks (Alot of shark attacks been on the news over the last few years)

Crocs (Steve Irwin cant stop them all)

Kangaroos (Yes those things can kill ya esp the 7ft ones)

Emus (Just as bad as Roo's)

Dingos (Have been known to take young kids)

umm im sure i can keep going...

Seems to me this reminds me of a tagline I've seen other places:

"Don't mess with <insert plural of a vicious animal here>, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

:ROFL:

12213[/snapback]

That was Tiggs' sig, back in the day. "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with catsup!"

In other news, is it true that if you tie a croc or gator's jaws shut, it has trouble opening them? I heard that somewhere...something about their jaws being designed to *close* rather than open...

That was Tiggs' sig, back in the day. "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with catsup!"

In other news, is it true that if you tie a croc or gator's jaws shut, it has trouble opening them? I heard that somewhere...something about their jaws being designed to *close* rather than open...

12226[/snapback]

Yup, apparently u can do it with a rubberband (dont know how true that is :blink: ) but yeah you can tie a crocs mouth shut because its muscles are supposed to be better at shutting its mouth to give that quick snap, and really slow and weak to open its jaw again, hense why you can tie its mouth closed, not that im willing to try it...

Yes we got the biggest collection of "creatures that can kill you quickly and painfully" then anywhere else in the world...

Snakes (We got some of the worst)

Spiders (and some of the worst of these too)

Sharks (Alot of shark attacks been on the news over the last few years)

Crocs (Steve Irwin cant stop them all)

Kangaroos (Yes those things can kill ya esp the 7ft ones)

Emus (Just as bad as Roo's)

Dingos (Have been known to take young kids)

umm im sure i can keep going...

12222[/snapback]

All though there dangerous stuff in austrila there still HOT women and a nice scenary i would like to live there