Is your toons name generated?

Did you use a name generator for your toon?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Did you use a name generator for your toon?

• Yes
    • No
    • Some

I haven't really used generation much but I have allowed it to choose last names for my characters. I may have an odd one with a generated first name but not often.

Several of them are Names I used from my former days playing PBEM Star Trek Games.

My Wrix "Karek" is named after a Vulcan Scientist I use to Play.

Fayella and Enyari Kerin were Deltan Sisters who played on different Ships. Anyone seen Enyari's Phermone Suppression HypoSpray?

Jerok Alidar Talram is a Romulan Name. I took his name from the Star Trek Encyclopedia. I combined two different Romulan names.

Jerok has a Polish name as well - Jarek. My Romulan needed an excuse to be in Starfleet so he was Raised on Earth in one PBEM and Bajor in another which had a different timeline.

Posso Gosso was Semi Generated. I think Gosso was generated and I changed the first name to Posso.

I have a Suwi Mubari which is a combination of some Indonesian names from a book on my shelf.

Yva is a version of Evangeline- which is Greek for "like an angel". I thought it was a great BH name at the time. Angel of Death maybe :lol:

Vrach is as close as I can get to the Russian word for doctor/medic. Since he was a Medic at the time. I specced him back to Medic now actually.

Bellea is from Bella which is Latin for "beautiful". Aren't all Iths? :)

Feire is Norwegian for "to celebrate", which I thought was a good name for an Entertainer.

Xiao-Doa is Chinese. "Xiao" is "night" and "Doa" is "steal, rob, plunder..." I thought it had a nice Spy quality to it. Really though, its kinda piratey. Yarrr!

The surname is by choice, too. Xorna is a sort of a bastardization of Russian patronyms. My first toon was Xorendax so all my others are sons & daughters of Xor. Of course you can't call it a patronym if you're using the mother's name and the males names should end in "vitch" not "na" but anyway... :woot:

Sas-quatch and Ardessa are totally non generated names, but schooter`...his last name is generated, i couldnt think of anything and i cant seem to remember what it is atm

Waveingstrider....or something to that effect

Crethip is a 100 percent generated name. At the time I created him I had downloaded the free trial and planned to play til it expired. By the time I decided I was going to actually subscribe to the game I just kept it.

DokMcCoy is one I borrowed from a cranky old doctor on the Enterprise (Dammit Jim they already know that!).

NYSF-Bunky comes from my old Ghost Recon clan (NYSF) meaning New York Special Forces, and Bunky is a nickname my best friend from high school used to call me.

Bunkalina Potts (Zabrak) My husband's main toon is Iconic Potts (Zabrak Jedi) and Bunkalina's husband. If he ever comes over to wanderhome they'll make it official :wub:

Bunky Iconicgirl - combines *Bunky* with *Iconic's girl* kindof silly but I thought it sounded pretty cool :D

My main toons name was originally going to be Jak Darkhaven, however when i went to create him the name was taken, and after a few minutes of trying different combinations i found my current one worked. Mavryk is a character from one of the stories im writing which was originally spelt Maverick, but i liked it with different spelling.

Ravlyns name came from Ravlin one of my toons that i had on another server (which is deleted). I got the idea for his name from a book i was reading at the time Saga of Seven Suns (awesome series of books btw). And a character who is a spy was called Davlin.

Avalyns was Avalon, which i got from a name website, but then i noticed the similarities with Mavryks and Ravlyns name. so i changed it to Avalyn to continue the pattern.

And i did the same with Zavysh, which was originally Tavish (which means twin) However i deleted the toon when i first got it and used the new name

• Founder

WOW.... looks like alot of thought has been put into these names!

....well my name actually comes from my name i used to use in Quake and Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force ...2 games that i PLAYED ALOT lol.

My original online alias was "Ka'T Astrus Mega"...which is also partly my company name lol.

I do have a shipwright/Architect names Ka'T Astrus Mega on wanderhome atm ^_^

Hmmmm. Let's see....

Syke was my own creation. I was all set to play the game and forgot to think of the name I wanted to be stuck with. Now at this time, Sak (Erath) was a MBH and we wanted to expand on the story of the DarkSyth family.

DarkSyth was a name Erath came up with that he used to use on other Star Wars Games. (Hence the reason Sak's forum name is MasterDarkSyth).

Now, Sak was a randomly generated name, which later presented problems to the CSR's because they claimed the name was inappropriate. Hmmmm.... Sick perverted CSR's. :P

Erath and I had wanted to name my character something similar to Sak, or at least starting with S.

We went through many combinations, starting with Sak and converting it to Sek, Sike, and a few others. I liked the sound of Sike, but the spelling wasn't as exciting. I took Sike and fooled around and got Syke. In a way, Syke is a randomly generated name, however the spelling is different to be more unique.

My medic Katte. Katte is a name generated by Erath to be like Katie or Kate. Just a random female name that sounded good to be the mother of Sak and Syke, and Katie was already taken. (Big surprise).

Tohno, my architect, is an actual character from the Star Wars comics. She was a Jedi Master, and Sak needed a wife :P. At this time, Syke was married to another player in game.

This was the basic story of how the DarkSyth family began. :)

Wow who made that sig image Bunky? You? if so, its really nice. Oh and umm on topic... Veto was supposed to be Vito after Vito Corleone but it was taken. I watched The Godfather for the first time about a week before SWG came out and just loved it. Rye is a twist on my last name.

Also i felt it was appropriate because i started a guild on some forums before the game came out that was going to be run like a crime family since i was a huge Godfather fan back then. Things didn't pan out though because we couldn't get everyone on the same servers so i just made Veto again on Wanderhome and met Astrus in some GCW pvp. And the rest is history.

Thank You Veto, I really like the pic too. I wish I could take credit for it, hehehe but actually Forsaken made it for me after reading on a different thread that I was looking for a sig. He took a pic from the gallery of me looking out from Shaw's house and went from there. My fav color is purple, so I think he did a great job! :H5:

"Aidio" was generated, "Dubrin" was not.

My WoW character doesn't have a randomly generated name.

Oh yeah, and I'm back on the forums!