Obligatory "Im New Here" introductory Post

N80926

Good evening everyone.

I'm new here! Working through the instructions of Joining and that means introducing myself!

Not sure what to say... I've been playing Star Citizen for a grand and glorious 3 days or so, I know it's a work in progress (and there has been many bitter jokes on the subject) but I think it's amazing already for being in an open alpha. To me, it appears to deliver on a cross of promises from other space sims and combine the best of what things like Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky, and parts of Eve promised, and I'm very hopeful for its continued success and development. I think being part of a well-established active community will very much lend to the experience and fun this game has to offer and I'm really looking forward to learning the ropes and doing amazing space stuff with you all!! I figure i'll start with resource acquisition while I learn dogfight and the nuances of ground combat then transition to that when my skill level is appropriate. While still enjoying the "care bear" stuff when im looking for a more chill expirience. 

Uh aside from that, I'm a Corporate Pilot in real life. I fly an airplane called the Global 6000. It is the competition to the infamous "G6" and just as "fly".

I love gaming but I also have some real-life hobbies that take me away from the digital world at random. Mostly hiking, travel, and scuba. 

So yeah, that's me in a nutshell. Ask me anything! Look forward to seeing you in the 'verse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Executive
12 hours ago, N80926 said:

Good evening everyone.

I'm new here! Working through the instructions of Joining and that means introducing myself!

Not sure what to say... I've been playing Star Citizen for a grand and glorious 3 days or so, I know it's a work in progress (and there has been many bitter jokes on the subject) but I think it's amazing already for being in an open alpha. To me, it appears to deliver on a cross of promises from other space sims and combine the best of what things like Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky, and parts of Eve promised, and I'm very hopeful for its continued success and development. I think being part of a well-established active community will very much lend to the experience and fun this game has to offer and I'm really looking forward to learning the ropes and doing amazing space stuff with you all!! I figure i'll start with resource acquisition while I learn dogfight and the nuances of ground combat then transition to that when my skill level is appropriate. While still enjoying the "care bear" stuff when im looking for a more chill expirience. 

Uh aside from that, I'm a Corporate Pilot in real life. I fly an airplane called the Global 6000. It is the competition to the infamous "G6" and just as "fly".

I love gaming but I also have some real-life hobbies that take me away from the digital world at random. Mostly hiking, travel, and scuba. 

So yeah, that's me in a nutshell. Ask me anything! Look forward to seeing you in the 'verse.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeelcome to Sanctuary of Wanderhome!!!!! @N80926

:uXIowmn:

12 hours ago, N80926 said:

Good evening everyone.

You'll fit right in, welcome. As the Star Citizen and Squadron 42 is heavily w.i.p. For now to grasp the fundamentals we have space bujutsu as you might have seen, there are salvage events going on which I haven't been to as I'm absent from the game in general these days. Maybe this winter after 3.20 I want to be more active aswell. Other than that what I found most fun and informative has been watching lore videos about SC universe. Because not only it's fun, the lore is full of insights into the things you might want to do in the verse and how the verse works in general. Whether you want to mine, salvage, be a merc or milita pilot knowing how the SC galaxy turns, what makes those stars shine, what drives EUU, Banu, Xian, what lucrative enterprises are there and where and when and all of it's innworkings is a crucial benefit wherever you go within the verse. So watching channels like Astrohistorian and reading lore books is fun and rewarding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Barazen said:

Welcome to S.o.W. !!!

I have one question for you, Cessna, or piper? @N80926

N80926 is a piper archer. Does not belong to me (i wish, im not in airplane ownership money) but it is the airplane i did my first solo in back in 2007! I also taught in it as a CFI for 4 years.

Edited by N80926
  • Thanks 2