HK BarCitzen from Mon, Jun 2023

Korvin2001

Posting here for an obvious reason and posting the primary source instead of video so no 2nd hand opinions.

But LOTS of important questions answered in regards to near term things for the next year or so.

https://forums.starcitizenbase.com/topic/24747-notes-from-hk-bar-citizen-2023/#comment-381945

• Thanks 3

Some parts of it that catched my eye:

- HOWEVER there was a statement made in passing about "...wishing to see something big like the Pioneer coming out this year..." and the comment was made "You really should come to Citizencon this year, I think you'd be happy."

- There will NOT be "player ownership" of stations in-game. Players and groups can "control" stations if they have people on them and block people from entering them, but the idea of owning them (i.e. POS owning in EvE) won't happen.

A Sanctuary "controlled" station?

- Player housing and ownership will absolutely be a thing, but it's expected to be instanced and like "owning an apartment", but because of server instancing/meshing, you could have any number of people actually owning "Flat 23 B" in a hab tower. Players will also be able to own multiple housing units around the 'verse.

This one seems odd, I remember reading before about houses being physicalysed and unique . Did they changed their minds on this? Or is this just for alpha?

- AI Systems like ChatGPT won't be used to supplement things in the game because of proprietary reasons.

- There was a long and complicated discussion about the economy and the effect of the Hull-C on the economy, but the gist of it is that certain ships are considered as "haulers" while others are considered as "delivery" ships. Ones that are able to land are "Delivery" while "haulers" carry stuff from one station to another and have inter-stellar capability. Todd Papy did state he didn't particularly see the Hull-C as inter-stellar. Which is a bit weird. But the long and short of it was that they don't really have a projection on how the Hull-C will affect the economy yet. Most of this conversation was focused around how players could move things between Pyro and Stanton, nothing was really said about the Hull-C's effect on things when it comes into 3.20.

They can have a projection, it's all volume dependent. Effect of a delivery on market price is dependent on relative size of the delivery compared to total volume of market circulation for that product. How many people will have Hull-C's and do hauling is also gonna be detrimental.

- CIG realize what a mess the "updated Cutlass" price debacle was and double, double pinky swear that any time there will be a price increase on existing ships, it will be advertised well beforehand on Spectrum.

- Passenger transport missions will come after freight transport missions.

Edited by Faerr
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Faerr said:

Some parts of it that catched my eye:

- HOWEVER there was a statement made in passing about "...wishing to see something big like the Pioneer coming out this year..." and the comment was made "You really should come to Citizencon this year, I think you'd be happy."

- There will NOT be "player ownership" of stations in-game. Players and groups can "control" stations if they have people on them and block people from entering them, but the idea of owning them (i.e. POS owning in EvE) won't happen.

A Sanctuary "controlled" station?

- Player housing and ownership will absolutely be a thing, but it's expected to be instanced and like "owning an apartment", but because of server instancing/meshing, you could have any number of people actually owning "Flat 23 B" in a hab tower. Players will also be able to own multiple housing units around the 'verse.

This one seems odd, I remember reading before about houses being physicalysed and unique . Did they changed their minds on this? Or is this just for alpha?

- AI Systems like ChatGPT won't be used to supplement things in the game because of proprietary reasons.

- There was a long and complicated discussion about the economy and the effect of the Hull-C on the economy, but the gist of it is that certain ships are considered as "haulers" while others are considered as "delivery" ships. Ones that are able to land are "Delivery" while "haulers" carry stuff from one station to another and have inter-stellar capability. Todd Papy did state he didn't particularly see the Hull-C as inter-stellar. Which is a bit weird. But the long and short of it was that they don't really have a projection on how the Hull-C will affect the economy yet. Most of this conversation was focused around how players could move things between Pyro and Stanton, nothing was really said about the Hull-C's effect on things when it comes into 3.20.

They can have a projection, it's all volume dependent. Effect of a delivery on market price is dependent on relative size of the delivery compared to total volume of market circulation for that product. How many people will have Hull-C's and do hauling is also gonna be detrimental.

- CIG realize what a mess the "updated Cutlass" price debacle was and double, double pinky swear that any time there will be a price increase on existing ships, it will be advertised well beforehand on Spectrum.

- Passenger transport missions will come after freight transport missions.

Hopefully, the housing issue is only for Alpha, because it disallows a major source of income both for Orgs AND CIG. If all else fails hopefully the Org or Orgs together can point out to them the potentially lost revenue stream and a potential means of outsourcing urban planning and design for them. In regards to that there are a number of architectural and urban planning companies who would JUMP at the chance to use Star Citizen to showcase their work. And technically in regards to Stanton, the statement give about land claims is incorrect. It would be the various planetary corporate governments licensing settlement markers and fees per hectare. I cannot see a corporation giving a profitable revenue stream back to the UEE AFTER buying the entire planet and/or moons as well.

Edited by Korvin2001
  • Like 1

I think there are some things that are not quite sorted out yet.

For example, what am I supposed to do with my SAKURA FUN GREEN ORC-MKX ARMOR BOBBLEHEAD if I can't set it on the dashboard of my ship? 

Also, they will have to find a use for Estate Parcel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yva Xorna said:

I think there are some things that are not quite sorted out yet.

For example, what am I supposed to do with my SAKURA FUN GREEN ORC-MKX ARMOR BOBBLEHEAD if I can't set it on the dashboard of my ship? 

Also, they will have to find a use for Estate Parcel.

That is MOST definitely a Quality of Life Issue that HAS to be fixed ASAP!!! 🙂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shawkorrr said:

Just piggybacking so I do not need to create a new thread.

Sprintwatch June 28, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dqRcKCNvD8

Trespassing will not be part of 3.20 and the added free-form cutting of material to the slice and dice tasking. While I can be mistaken I 'think" that is a salvage tasking being added. If so that means welding may be added at some point since it is merely an inversion of the task in question, which would be needed if those lost Javelins and Bengal carriers can be salvaged as has been stated before (not sure those statements were made before they even started on that loop because that seems like the second toughest loop that they have mentioned in regards to the game).

• Thanks 1