Well since I was asked to introduce myself when accepted

Korvin2001

Ex military AM single channel hard copy radio operation (always fun knowing you are dead man walking). It was old school back in the 1990s and was for orders that required hard copies. I will leave the reason to the imagination. But it was always fun in field training to have an army Corp of Nork scud missiles with chemical dropped on me to kill me personally. Then was at HHQ 7th Inf Div. G2 Training. Div. Commander was not going to have any army troops living the Hugh life with the air force weather section (which was my assignment).

Then did Corp security for gm and then Chrysler. 

Later did trucking and logistic, until covid and medical issues decided that was no longer an option.

Looking forward to getting back into mmo's. In fact star citizen videos were what made me make the leap. Althrough I am currently stuck in rsi launcher hell trying to get the game downloaded. It will not complete updating the game after the initial down load. 

Looking forward to getting into the game and learning it's ins and outs and PvE and helping to build up and strengthen the Org for launch day (whenever that is) ;-).

P.S. I know I am dating myself but when did guilds become Orgs? Self depreciating smile.

By the way, current domicile is Southfield, Michigan if anyone lived near me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Executive
24 minutes ago, Korvin2001 said:

Ex military AM single channel hard copy radio operation (always fun knowing you are dead man walking). It was old school back in the 1990s and was for orders that required hard copies. I will leave the reason to the imagination. But it was always fun in field training to have an army Corp of Nork scud missiles with chemical dropped on me to kill me personally. Then was at HHQ 7th Inf Div. G2 Training. Div. Commander was not going to have any army troops living the Hugh life with the air force weather section (which was my assignment).

Later did trucking and logistic, until covid and medical issues decided that was no longer an option.

Looking forward to getting back into mmo's. In fact star citizen videos were what made me make the leap. Althrough I am currently stuck in rsi launcher hell trying to get the game downloaded. It will not complete updating the game after the initial down load. 

Looking forward to getting into the game and learning it's ins and outs and PvE and helping to build up and strengthen the Org for launch day (whenever that is) ;-).

P.S. I know I am dating myself but when did guilds become Orgs? Self depreciating smile.

Welcome to the Sanctuary of Wanderhome community!
It's great to have you on board and thank you for sharing a bit about your background and experiences.

Your military background, especially your work with radio operations and security, brings a unique perspective to our organization.

We hope that joining our community and diving into MMOs, particularly Star Citizen obviously, will provide you with an exciting new chapter. As you immerse yourself in the game, don't hesitate to ask questions and seek advice from our knowledgeable members. We have a wealth of experience within the organization, and we're always ready to share insights.

Once again, welcome to the Sanctuary of Wanderhome community, and we hope you have a fantastic journey with us!

welcome-captain.gif

I will. I had gotten away from MMOs because work would not allow it. When I did corp security 60+ work weeks precluded such and when you on the road for a month at a time it was completely impossible. Now that it looks like I will have infinite free time going forward. Not by any choice of my own, I am looking forward to it.

• Like 2

Not sure I should approach or if it is just a delay issue, but I do not have access to Citizens Round table. It still lists me as an affiliate. I am hoping to catch up on this after I get my computer issues fixed. Also I was wanting to make a post about two authors and a table top tactical and strategy game that deals with a universe similar to star citizen in physics aspects. I will not into it more on an open post, since it has tactical and strategic value. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Executive
19 minutes ago, Korvin2001 said:

Not sure I should approach or if it is just a delay issue, but I do not have access to Citizens Round table. It still lists me as an affiliate. I am hoping to catch up on this after I get my computer issues fixed. Also I was wanting to make a post about two authors and a table top tactical and strategy game that deals with a universe similar to star citizen in physics aspects. I will not into it more on an open post, since it has tactical and strategic value. 

Sent you a little PM 😄 @Korvin2001

14 hours ago, Yva Xorna said:

Hello @Korvin2001 and welcome to SoW

I encourage you to stop by one of the Space Bujutsu  trainings.

I plan out it. It looks like my son get a computer for high-school. It turns out that the computer I had gotten was somewhat misrepresented. Should have known not to get an HP regardless of the price. So I get to have a new computer built. On the plus side no download hell for me. I should have it early next week.

• Like 2

Damn dyslexia. Having different brain wiring can be a pain in the ass when it comes to written post. On the plus side it helps me to not only think outside of the box but refuse to acknowledge the box when it comes to planning and possibilities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/17/2023 at 9:18 AM, Korvin2001 said:

I finally got my computer issues fixed, at least the ones preventing me from downloading the game. It necessitated getting a new computer, but other than delaying getting the rig set up that I wanted that is fine other than having to get some other issues with the computer fixed that should not have been a problem in the first place.

Now all I have to do is get comfortable enough with the gameplay to not embarrass myself in training and i will be set.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 11:52 PM, Yva Xorna said:

Hello @Korvin2001 and welcome to SoW

I encourage you to stop by one of the Space Bujutsu  trainings.

planning on it as soon as I get use to moving in a craft. Now can someone explain why there are no combat sims in the Hangar, instead of only racing? That makes no sense.

• Thanks 1