What are your hobbies outside Star Citizen?

NecroFoxxo

Just curious what other hobbies the organization are into.

For me, I am a avid board gamer. Got an Ikea Kallex 5x5 full of board games that I play with my friends every week or so haha. I just love being able to sit around with friends and pals and roll some dice and try new game engines. To finish off, I'll say my favorite board game is a game similar to Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous in gameplay called Xia: Legend of a Drift System, in which you as a player choose a starting ship and gain points by doing different tasks through the galaxy of Xia. Exploration is a working avenue that doesn't require a Carrack in the game 😉

Can't wait to read your guys's answers.

Edited by NecroFoxxo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well if im not playing star citizen or any other games. My hobbies are just singing/dancing or playing with my puppy while watching tv show or movies ❤️
my favorite games right now is of course star citizen and the Sherlock Holmes game. I also sometime play Elite Dangerous too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Executive
7 hours ago, NecroFoxxo said:

Just curious what other hobbies the organization are into.

For me, I am a avid board gamer. Got an Ikea Kallex 5x5 full of board games that I play with my friends every week or so haha. I just love being able to sit around with friends and pals and roll some dice and try new game engines. To finish off, I'll say my favorite board game is a game similar to Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous in gameplay called Xia: Legend of a Drift System, in which you as a player choose a starting ship and gain points by doing different tasks through the galaxy of Xia. Exploration is a working avenue that doesn't require a Carrack in the game 😉

Can't wait to read your guys's answers.

Ooooo you play D&D? 😄 
@Kakon has played quite a bit of D&D.

I used to play d20 RPGs when I was younger, and sometimes when friends have time hehe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shawkorrr said:

Ooooo you play D&D? 😄 
@Kakon has played quite a bit of D&D.

I used to play d20 RPGs when I was younger, and sometimes when friends have time hehe.

I have played D&D, though I been wanting to get more into Legend of the Five Rings with my friends. Even have it backordered with my local game store haha.

Xia though is a board game with mini figure ships. 3 tiers of ships to progress through, starting with your starters, then mid tiers, then final tier. Each ship is unique in cargo hold, amount of energy to perform actions, and 2 (if you get the ship ability add-on) skills from the ship that you keep as you buy the next tier. It's not really roleplay as much as a sandbox with a points goal that you and your playmates set. Plus the map are tiles you add in, which gives room for anyone to explore and discover new planets, asteroids for mining, spawn points for NPCs, etc.

Edited by NecroFoxxo
  • Like 2

• Executive
4 hours ago, NecroFoxxo said:

I have played D&D, though I been wanting to get more into Legend of the Five Rings with my friends. Even have it backordered with my local game store haha.

Xia though is a board game with mini figure ships. 3 tiers of ships to progress through, starting with your starters, then mid tiers, then final tier. Each ship is unique in cargo hold, amount of energy to perform actions, and 2 (if you get the ship ability add-on) skills from the ship that you keep as you buy the next tier. It's not really roleplay as much as a sandbox with a points goal that you and your playmates set. Plus the map are tiles you add in, which gives room for anyone to explore and discover new planets, asteroids for mining, spawn points for NPCs, etc.

Anyone heard of the "Reaper Miniatures" kickstarter? HUGE amount of figures for not a lot of cash. I backed Reaper Bones "V". There will be a "VI" next year I think. Really awesome stuff right there, and if you are into painting miniatures then that would be an awesome thing to back.

https://www.reapermini.com/

Right now if I'm not working my butt off I'm reading up on gunsmithing and machinist stuff like lathes and mills.

I also like playing with linux or building computers when I have friends or family members who need one.

Oh boat building is always fun and have built a cedar striped kayak plus a west greenland qajaq.

• Like 1

• Executive
1 hour ago, Yva Xorna said:

I was going to get one. All summer, nothing. Now that it is freezing cold (literally), I have 9 tomatoes growing. Go figure.

That is strange 😞 

What do you call a tomato that self-identifies as a carrot? A Transplant.

On 12/15/2021 at 9:47 PM, Yva Xorna said:

I was going to get one. All summer, nothing. Now that it is freezing cold (literally), I have 9 tomatoes growing. Go figure.

I always get in these moods in spring to start my own garden. Finding time to do it though always seems to be the biggest problem haha.

• Like 1