3Dprint joystick pls halp

Enigmo

I want a joystick, but good = expensive af, and I own a 3d printer, and I do electronics

So, This is a concept for the thing I want to make

HdmZnWS.png

I don't have experience with joysticks (except a 5$ dumbass one), so give suggestions PLEASE on what do I add or rearrange to make it a usable thing (this is for left hand btw)

• Like 1

I know a lot of people are using a thrustmaster

I see three things that one would need 

1#  Out side covers and switch and/or buttons that should be an 3d cad file or whatever a 3d printer needs 

2# would be the sensor,  hat switch and what not for tracking and button actions

3# would be software or driver ( I say this because I don't run windows and is the biggest issue with Linux)

With that being said it sounds like a cool project but as Yva Xorna said you could get a cheaper one to beef up or to take apart and reverse engineer it to fit your needs 

• Like 3

On 8/16/2021 at 5:48 AM, Yva Xorna said:

Well, you might take a cheap one and just print better buttons?

I'm not sure what all goes into it. Have you looked on YouTube (not sure if that is blocked for you or what) ?

Here's the thing: idgaf about buttons on those, buttons are just a lil bonus of sorts. The cheap ones have *crap*ty control resolution and curves, since they use potentiometers. The ones with good resolution cost as much as this whole project, because they're cool

• Like 2