Has anybody tried cloud gaming?

Yva Xorna

Has anybody looked much into cloud gaming?  It certainly sounds like an interesting concept. I would love to just have a Linux laptop I could take anywhere and play everything (as long as there is internet) and have somebody else worry about upgrading.    I can't do that with what I currently  have.  Specifically I was looking at Snoost but there are other companies too. I'm just not sure if this would work with Star Citizen? They say "any" game though. 

• 2 months later...

I have heard about it a few, the lag should be good enough at some services to play games but I dont think a delay will ever go away due to the distance your signal has to go from A > B unless you have a server near you. The best scenario 5-10ms, worst scenario 30-50ms or higher.

But spec wise, I mean they got pretty good stuff but, what would be the price for enough cores, ram and a videocard, and after that you have to hope THEY have the game installed at their services.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2018 at 3:39 AM, Astrus said:

Ive seen it before but figured the input lag would be far more than what I desire.

Id need to see some numbers on it before Id ever thing of investing with Input Lag being the main factor.

@Astrus Yes I am thinking input lag would be a huge factor.

On 6/11/2018 at 9:10 AM, Extona said:

I have heard about it a few, the lag should be good enough at some services to play games but I dont think a delay will ever go away due to the distance your signal has to go from A > B unless you have a server near you. The best scenario 5-10ms, worst scenario 30-50ms or higher.

But spec wise, I mean they got pretty good stuff but, what would be the price for enough cores, ram and a videocard, and after that you have to hope THEY have the game installed at their services.

@Extona right I can't image the input lag being within acceptable parameters. 

On 6/11/2018 at 9:57 AM, Shawkorrr said:

Hmm, I have actually never heard of that before..... weird? :s18:

@Shawkorrr I don't know anybody that has ever tried this. it sounds interesting but yeah I have my doubts. I noticed staying at hotels the internet is always wretched.

• Like 1