Lime Green Grass and Turquoise Skys

Astrus

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Executive
I'd like to say about Shawkorrr:

He wasn't the first Sanct member I ever met, but he was the most-honorable.

He has always been straightforward, kind, generous, humorous, and respectful.

He has taught me how to cooperate with people, both likeable and otherwise.

He has given of his time, skills and finances to the point I think he deserves special recognition.

/salute Shawkorrr

Shaw, you will be sorely missed, my friend.

Edaun

12848[/snapback]

*wipes tears* (well, I dont, but it sounds better) ;)

Thanks mate!

As always im only doing my duty as a friend of yours; helping out wherever I need to.

The next couple of days I will more than likely to be much online because I have some unfinished business to attend to. But after 29th of May I will be officially 'gone' from SWG. The reason why I say 'gone' is because you never know when I have to return and test out things (game improvements), though I will not spend nearly as much time on SWG as I used to. Consider this a little "rehab-stunt".

:hug: all of yous!

Hehehe thanks Astrus and Shaw :) The no shoes is her all the way. She always runs around barefoot and with no shirt on (trying to be like her brother) With me chasing her with a shirt and shoes. We weren't going to a carnival, although the outfit would be perfect for the one coming up at the school...good idea :H5: Grandma got her the dress, hat and a pair of Cinderella "glass" slippers for her birthday, so I took the pic to send to Grandma, and thought it came out so cute. With all the crazy stuff going on irl right now, looking at that pic always makes me smile :woot: Oh and btw my car is still sitting in front of my house until June 14, waiting on the parts to arrive at the body shop. A close friend wants to sell me his 2005 mazda something or other for the $5,000 they sent me to fix the car. Should I do it or not?

lol yeah we have quite the collection of pics to show future boyfriends, like the nakkid booty bathtub pic...totally embarassing for her but completely adorable to us as parents *evil laugh* :D

Thanks anyway on the car thing. I've never bought a used car before so this is all new to me but actually might be better than mine, even fixed. I looked up my car on carfax.com and it said I have 5 reports on my car! I've been in one other accident, so there goes trying to ever sell it. This car the friend has is a 2005 Mazda3 4 door, with 50k miles and a brand new clutch. Mine's a 1999, 2 door, with 109k miles and in need of a tune up. So I'd basically be trading mine in for one with 1/2 the miles and a trade in value...ugh I don't know what to do :blink: ...help lol :o

The car sounds good but whenever you are thinking of buying a car get someone to look over it machanically :) and perhaps ask about its fuel consumption, seeing the fuel prices are quiet high over there i hear.

I personally like Mazdas (got one myself, but a much earlier model), plus its a newer car which is always a plus. Do you like the look/color of the car? Thats another thing to look for. Something else to think of is the amount of doors, yours has 2, the new one has 4, id think the 4 doors would be better for a family.

You said that you would have troubles selling the car, if you are able to get this one u probably dont have to worry about selling it anytime soon.

Anyway im no expert, but these are just things you can think about to help you decide :D

Thank you very much for your opinion Mav, that's what I needed...someone else's insight. The friend actually works with my husband so he's bringing it by tonight after work so I can look at it. I definately like the idea of 4 doors, the 2 door with 2 kids in car seats is a pain in the booty :unsure: Only problem is he owes 8k on it and is willing to sell it to us for 5k (which is what I got from the insurance company to repair mine) so if he pays off the remaining 3k I need to know when to expect a pink slip in my name. Yikes, I'm such a worry-wort :blink:

• Executive
Cant help you there im afraid :( I dont know how that stuff works over there.

But 5k for a one year old car is pretty darn good though :D

13251[/snapback]

When you buy/see it, you should bring along somebody who knows much, or some, about cars, so people won't try giving you the 'cat in the bag' or something like that lol

Ok, he came by last night at 2 am :blink: after they got off work. I asked A LOT of questions, including why he was willing to sell the car at more than 1/2 off what the trade in value is? Here's the deal...He bought the car for his wife, it's a 5 speed and she is afraid to drive a stickshift. She wants an Infinity G 35. So he was going to trade in the car for one that she wants, but is a very good friend of my husbands and thought if we wanted it any money he gets from us is just helping him pay it off sooner. I drove it last night and LOVE it. It's clean, runs good, and he has all the receipts for oil changes and the new clutch he had put in at Mazda. It's red (not my first choice) but a dark red and it's nice, so...

I'M GETTING A NEW CAR! :H5:

He 's going to find his wife a new one either this weekend or next. After that we're getting together and paying/signing papers to my new car. I told him I'd go to DWV with him so there's no wondering about the pink slip. He will send in the whole amount to pay off the car as soon as we pay him then the pink is mine. I'm totally excited, plus my sixth sense tells me this is a good thing. :woot: :dance: :backflip:

Ok, he came by last night at 2 am  :blink:  after they got off work.  I asked A LOT of questions, including why he was willing to sell the car at more than 1/2 off what the trade in value is?  Here's the deal...He bought the car for his wife, it's a 5 speed and she is afraid to drive a stickshift.  She wants an Infinity G 35.  So he was going to trade in the car for one that she wants, but is a very good friend of my husbands and thought if we wanted it any money he gets from us is just helping him pay it off sooner.  I drove it last night and LOVE it.  It's clean, runs good, and he has all the receipts for oil changes and the new clutch he had put in at Mazda.  It's red (not my first choice) but a dark red and it's nice, so...

I'M GETTING A NEW CAR! :H5: 

He 's going to find his wife a new one either this weekend or next.  After that we're getting together and paying/signing papers to my new car.  I told him I'd go to DWV with him so there's no wondering about the pink slip.  He will send in the whole amount to pay off the car as soon as we pay him then the pink is mine.  I'm totally excited, plus my sixth sense tells me this is a good thing.  :woot:  :dance:  :backflip:

13258[/snapback]

Cool. Sounds good. I'd wonder about replacing a clutch in a 2005 model in 2006, but those are fairly inexpensive to do, other than fix a transmission, so it sounds like a good deal. Having a stick-shift in stop and go traffic will run thru a clutch if it's not handled right, so maybe that's all it was. I have heard Mazda's are one of the most reliable cars on the road...OOPS. MISSED THIS ONE. You can see the list at www.ClarkHoward.com It should be there on the page somewhere.

WARNING WARNING DANGER WILL ROBINSON

Clicky

Oops. You may want to review the list before signing the deal. Mazda is nowhere near the top of the reliability list...it's next to last.

*don't kill the messenger*

Ed

Edited by Edaun Ifor

Congrats Bunky :H5:

My Mazdas been reliable.

its a 1990 Mazda 323 Astina Hatch. Just over 80,000kms on her and drives beautiful. Ive had her for over a year now, and besides the occasional people backing into it and the battery running low. She has been a really good car. SO i dont know if i just have a good one out of the batch or they reviewed the bad ones, but at the end of the day they are machines and machines are prone to failure, they are all unique and individual even when there are thousands of them made.

Thanks guys :P I looked over that list Ed lol my awesome lil Honda wasn't even on it boo :( :o

About the clutch...I've had my stick shift for 7 years and never needed anything on it so I was a bit weary when he told me that he let a kid from work drive it around the block and came out of work to the kid doing donuts and burning out around the parking lot :o :blink: He said after that he had to take the car back to Mazda and the put in a "flywheel" I think that's what it was called? But I asked about the receipt and warranty on that work and he assured me he has the paperwork. I still can't imagine what the kid was doing to the car to break it in a matter of minutes?

I'm so excited weee. I printed up a "Bill of sale" form from DMV.com so I'm ready for him to bring my new lil friend by. I think my Honda was jealous last night when I drove the new one (I'm so sentimental hehehe). But thanks again guys for the advice and sharing in my excitment :woot: