Opinions on new snare changes!!!

nola

Will melee even stand a chance now with the new snare changes? Will it be possible to perma snare someone? These changes really do scare me as if they are what I think they are, then I will probably be quitting game very soon. Please discuss!!!

• Executive
Will melee even stand a chance now with the new snare changes? Will it be possible to perma snare someone? These changes really do scare me as if they are what I think they are, then I will probably be quitting game very soon. Please discuss!!!

4768[/snapback]

I guess only time will show, but it is proven that when new BIG updates launches, many BAD bugs come with it as well.. and some professions get nerfed bigtime! It wont be the first time, and for sure not the last time :(

From what I have read, it is possible to perma snare. The thing I don't like about this is that it nullifies buffs. Why should I get a speed buff from a doc if its not going to help me at all when I have to fight another player? I just don't understand why they would go off your base number and not your modified number.

I have a bad feeling about this.

• Executive
From what I have read, it is possible to perma snare.  The thing I don't like about this is that it nullifies buffs.  Why should I get a speed buff from a doc if its not going to help me at all when I have to fight another player?  I just don't understand why they would go off your base number and not your modified number.

4772[/snapback]

ditto :blink:

I think it's absolutely effing stupid, especially that they're doing it to Jedi. Isn't this what force run is for? For when, in situations like when you're snared, you can harness the force to run faster? I was under the impression that's what force run was for. Hell, I was a bounty hunter back in the day and I thought the damn snare *crap* was fine.

From what I have read, it is possible to perma snare.  The thing I don't like about this is that it nullifies buffs.  Why should I get a speed buff from a doc if its not going to help me at all when I have to fight another player?  I just don't understand why they would go off your base number and not your modified number.

4772[/snapback]

Yeah this just doesnt make ANY sense. I really dont want to quit this game but by it seems as if SOE is forcing people to do so. I just cant really figure out there mentality. It is truely upsetting /cry.

I think it's absolutely effing stupid, especially that they're doing it to Jedi. Isn't this what force run is for? For when, in situations like when you're snared, you can harness the force to run faster? I was under the impression that's what force run was for. Hell, I was a bounty hunter back in the day and I thought the damn snare *crap* was fine.

4781[/snapback]

The problem is, it just doesnt effect Jedi. It effects all Melee and thats what is crazy. I could see them trying to encourage people to not want to play as a Jedi as thats the way this game seems to be going, but to screw up all melee is just ridiculous

• Executive
Yeah this just doesnt make ANY sense. I really dont want to quit this game but by it seems as if SOE is forcing people to do so. I just cant really figure out there mentality. It is truely upsetting /cry.

4783[/snapback]

They should have SWG players (not getting payed by SOE) to give game advise to them; like an advisor. We are not talking about CSR, cuz they arnt playing the game like the rest of us.. and the test center.. does that help in cases like this?

These would be our correspondants.  Too bad the devs don't seem to listen to them.

4791[/snapback]

Well, they seemed to listen to our commando correspondant, who's a good guy. Just a shame they just threw something together in no time at all and it happened to be absolutely crap.

Well it does indeed SOUND bad but I think we should give it all a chance before we quit.

Granted, SOE are the pros at releasing Super-Nerfs instead of patches that enhance the game.

But maybe if it's truly as bad as it sounds, they will modify it and make it tolerable.

I do agree that on paper is sounds like the nail in the coffin for any melee profession but I put no faith in their notes. I've had things that sounded great in text that failed in gameplay and vice versa.

And you can't quit Nola-, we don't have any other ID's :lol:

Well it does indeed SOUND bad but I think we should give it all a chance before we quit.

Granted, SOE are the pros at releasing Super-Nerfs instead of patches that enhance the game.

But maybe if it's truly as bad as it sounds, they will modify it and make it tolerable.

I do agree that on paper is sounds like the nail in the coffin for any melee profession but I put no faith in their notes. I've had things that sounded great in text that failed in gameplay and vice versa.

And you can't quit Nola-, we don't have any other ID's  :lol:

4808[/snapback]

Hehe! I agree with ya yva. I will not make any rash decisions until i see what it is all about :)

Well, day 1 is done with. I personally didn't get taken out today, but I did get to watch a show.

I watch a BH attack a finished template jedi. The jedi was rooted the entire battle. Then a second BH attacked and it was over. According to this jedi, before this patch he could take 2 BH's. After what I saw today, he would have been lucky to survive the first BH.

• Executive
Well, day 1 is done with.  I personally didn't get taken out today, but I did get to watch a show.

I watch a BH attack a finished template jedi.  The jedi was rooted the entire battle.  Then a second BH attacked and it was over.  According to this jedi, before this patch he could take 2 BH's.  After what I saw today, he would have been lucky to survive the first BH.

4841[/snapback]

You know, everybody will become BH on SWG now :( easy way of making money!

You know, everybody will become BH on SWG now :( easy way of making money!

4844[/snapback]

Something no one has really talked about yet is that there IS infact a new food been added for Chefs. it needs Dath hide (was payed to hunt some last night)

effect:

anti electrolyte (spelled wrong im sure)

it will work like the ithorian mists etc do for Fire.

afaik it has 2 stats on it.

1 Absorbs

1 Resists

making snares harder to stick.

and making them Less effective

no one i knew had finished crafting any last night so im short on details but its worth a trip to the Chef proffession forums i say.

ps: /wave hi shawkorrr

• Executive
Something no one has really talked about yet is that there IS infact a new food been added for Chefs.  it needs Dath hide (was payed to hunt some last night)

effect:

anti electrolyte (spelled wrong im sure)

it will work like the  ithorian mists etc do for  Fire. 

afaik it has 2 stats on it.

1 Absorbs

1 Resists

making snares harder to stick.

and making them Less effective

no one i knew had finished crafting any last night so im short on details but its worth a trip to the Chef proffession forums i say.

ps:    /wave  hi shawkorrr

4849[/snapback]

*wave* :dance:

*wave*  :dance:

4850[/snapback]

from what i saw last night now that a lot of templates (tht allow FR1 to be on)

or for the non jedi. those that use Burst run to counter snare.

its allowing the Bounty hunters to get and stay at rifle range a lot easier atm.

which is clearly draiing force/mind of the target as their health is being taken out in large chunks.

i think it may balance out a little more once the food is in circulation and the extra action cost is put onto doc/cm heals. that way a well timed root will leave em unable to heal sufficiently evening up the table.

like shawk said. its something we need to wait and see over the next few weeks.

i was really against it at first. but im sure there will be ways / counters that people wil come up with soon enough. till then... Walls are your new best friend :P

• Executive
from what i saw last night now that a lot of templates (tht allow FR1 to be on)

or for the non jedi.  those that use  Burst run to counter snare.

its allowing the Bounty hunters to get and stay at rifle range a lot easier atm.

which is clearly draiing force/mind of the target as their health is being taken out in large chunks.

i think it may balance out a little more once the food is in circulation and the extra action cost is put onto doc/cm  heals.  that way a well timed root will leave em unable to heal sufficiently evening up the table.

like shawk said.  its something we need to wait and see over the next few weeks.

i was really against it at first. but im sure there will be ways / counters that people wil come up with soon enough.  till then... Walls are your new best friend :P

4851[/snapback]

Yeah, lets hope things even out some.. or else I will drop Jedi and become a fulltime Bounty Hunter, kicking even the bestest Jedis on Wanderhome! :wrong:

So the BH's get some enhancements... big whoop. The way i see it is they ARE supposed to be the best in the galaxy, the ARE supposed to beat anyone else. They ARE the best of the best. The Jedi in the game cannot be called a true jedi, no master of the jedi council gave them knighthood. They were not trained by Knights nor Masters of the Jedi Order. Everything about the Jedi in SWG is wrong, they could never be as strong as those in the prequels thats why the Bounty Hunters must be strong enough to take a jedi. Obi-Wan Vs Jango Fett, a TRUE jedi knight vs a bounty hunter, though neither won. They both fought well, and seemed evenly matched. So if a Bounty Hunter can hold there own against true jedi, then they should be at least an even match against a SWG jedi. In the true Star Wars timeline at 1 year after the battle of yavin (which is when SWG is set) the Bounty Hunter wars began. Also the Bounty Hunters have been killing off the remaining jedi for the last 2 decades since ROTS.

Im not against jedis as such, but i wish ppl would stop complaining everytime jedi get nerfed. Ppl have been complaining bout how much the timeline has been fragmented, but when SOE decides to fix parts of it they all have a cry. If this causes people to drop Jedi then good, its how its supposed to be, Jedi are supposed to be in hidding not walking around a major city in jedi robes and holding a sabre. This nerf is basically a Jedi Population Control. They will continue to nerf jedi if they see that there are too many jedi around. This basically sorts out those who are jedi for the love of it and for those who just want to be the strongest in the game.

/flameoff :P (sorry bad day at work, but needed to be said)

i do agree with you. im not 1 to stand and cry nerf. i knew what to expect as i started my grind for jedi.

was a good thread a while back saying based on time line the current jedi are kinda a mish mash of people across the galaxy all trying to teach themelseves skills. not like the way the council had it in the passed. so its understandable they get picked off by the Bounty Hunters more often now days.

but 1 thing i am keen on is seeing a nice playing field. so long as both players have a chance to win a fight. then im happy. doesnt have to be a 50/50 chance. but a small hope to win is all that matters

I'll grant you that they have made a mess out of Jedi and that BH's did have a strong influence in the movies.

However, and correct me where I'm wrong here, but I don't remember the Jedi necessarily being the MAIN AND ONLY targets of BHs in the movies/books???

I think I seem to remember a certain non-jedi smuggler having quite the price on his head?

The problem is when you spend months grinding out a character and now all you can do is literally stand there and lose much XP and have to go grind it again.(But in grinding it out you run the risk of getting back on the terms and then losing even more xp and so on and so forth...)

It's been intolerable when my normie was bugged and couldnt move in PVP so I can only imagine it's got to be bad for the Jedi vs BHs.

I do think it might be a great week or 2 for everybody to play their alts and bore the BHs to death by not giving them any targets :)

[note: Yva not awake enough to type in complete sentences...there that looks better!]

• Executive
Im not against jedis as such, but i wish ppl would stop complaining everytime jedi get nerfed.

/flameoff :P (sorry bad day at work, but needed to be said)

4854[/snapback]

Well, it takes MUCH hard work to become a Jedi, so if it is going to be useless when you get to Jedi, why bother at all? Grinding BH is NOTHING compared to the jedi grind, and I pay my 100 NOK each month like everybody else, so why should my character get messed up when I have worked hard to reach my goal? Why I complain, well, I have spend one year with this and that .. and when I finally become a Jedi they are going to mess it up!

If you start to flame, expect to be flamed back.

I see myself running around in Cnet with 20 bounty hunters crawling up my arse :wrong:

Let the Jedi-hunt begin!!!

• Executive
I'll grant you that they have made a mess out of Jedi and that BH's did have a strong influence in the movies.

However, and correct me where I'm wrong here, but I don't remember the Jedi necessarily being the  MAIN AND ONLY targets of BHs in the movies/books???

I think I seem to remember a certain non-jedi smuggler having quite the price on his head?

The problem is when you spend months grinding out a character and now all you can do is literally stand there and lose much XP and have to go grind it again.(But in grinding it out you run the risk of getting back on the terms and then losing even more xp and so on and so forth...)

It's been intolerable when my normie was bugged and couldnt move in PVP so I can only imagine it's got to be bad for the Jedi vs BHs.

I do think it might be a great week or 2 for everybody to play their alts and bore the BHs to death by not giving them any targets :)

[note: Yva not awake enough to type in complete sentences...there that looks better!]

4856[/snapback]

They should have non-jedi bounties as well.. like if you pay 2mill credits to a BH-term, you can place a bounty on a non-jedi :P

*EDIT*

lol, but I guess Astrus & Apathy would be hunted 24/7! :D

Well, it takes MUCH hard work to become a Jedi, so if it is going to be useless when you get to Jedi, why bother at all?

4857[/snapback]

exactly the reason why i said they are trying to seperate those who want to be a jedi for the love of it and those who are just in there to be the strongest profession, like u said for example every one will now go bounty hunter coz its now the strongest prof. I say choose a prof u like and stick with it.

BTW u do not have to remind me how hard it is to become a jedi :P i know all too well. and also its not being messed up lol, its been put back to how its supposed to be. More than likely they only nerfed jedi so the can enhance it for those who finish the trials of obi-wan.

4856[/snapback]

Thats the whole reason to be hidden, if a jedi was found in the star wars universe, theyd either be killed or turned to the darkside. The empire should crack down on all jedi, if a sabre is ignited in front of a stormie i think they should send in reinforcements.... Vader included.