starter kit is kinda cool!

Yva Xorna

If you're looking for something to blow $20 on, I recommend that SWG starter kit.

It comes with a nifty private 'vehicle' that can be called from any remote location (ie NOT in a city) and will pick you up and take you to the starport/shuttle of your choice (on that planet).

Very nice for schlepping around the galaxy :)

• Executive
If you're looking for something to blow $20 on, I recommend that SWG starter kit.

It comes with a nifty private 'vehicle' that can be called from any remote location (ie NOT in a city) and will pick you up and take you to the starport/shuttle of your choice (on that planet).

9443[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw a newbie imp lifting off in his TIE <_< wish I had a rocketlauncher!

Ive already bought the game twice... i dont wanna buy it a 2nd time :( but the ship would be cool

9467[/snapback]

Not really anything to add here...just trying to catch up with Shawkorrr's unbeatable post count.

Seriously, those things are kind of a nuisance...parked in front of Jabba's right at the front door. Makes the starport at Jabba's kind of obsolete, in a way.

BTW, can you pack up and travel to another planet instantly in those things? Might be worth $20 just on that alone.

Throw in a new BARC and you got a sale. :lol:

Not really anything to add here...just trying to catch up with Shawkorrr's unbeatable post count.

Seriously, those things are kind of a nuisance...parked in front of Jabba's right at the front door.  Makes the starport at Jabba's kind of obsolete, in a way.

BTW, can you pack up and travel to another planet instantly in those things? Might be worth $20 just on that alone.

Throw in a new BARC and you got a sale. :lol:

9498[/snapback]

nope they just fly to and from 2 cities (and other places) on a single planet....

• Founder

9443[/snapback]

are those tradeable?

and does anyone have an official link to info on this thing at all...id like to look at it? :o

Lucas Arts Press Release

The 30 days only applies to new accounts, it wont work for your exisitng one.

It's a good way to get somebody intersted in the game though.

It comes with 6 CDs for the game but you really don't need those.

Just need to go to your account and 'register expansion' and enter the new game key they send you.

Basicially its a non-tradable deed that shows up in your inventory.

If you have 3 toons on that account, it shows up on all 3 toons.

After you create the deed it creates an icon in your commands.

When your outside of a town you hit the command icon and if you're Rebel an X-wing shows up.

Doesn't work within the borders of a town.

Click on the Xwing and you get a map of whatever planet your on and options to port to any shuttle or starport on the current planet.

Unlike other space ships & yachts you don't have to be at the port your vehicle is parked at. It doesn't park anywhere. It just is like a taxi, comes out of nowhere.

In some ways it can be quicker to wait for a shuttle but if you don't feel like spending the cash OR are out in the middle of BFE, it's a quick way teleport someplace else.

I think it might be really useful in PVP (if you can break combat) because you can go anywhere on that planet.

It's pretty much geared to the NEW player that doesn't have credits, can use the 30-days of playing, et cetera.

I need to play around with it a bit. I'll report back later :)

Ok.

Rebel or Neutral gets X wing.

Imperial gets Tie Fighter.

You can call it out during battle BUT you can't chose a destination while in combat.

There's nothing to attack on it and you don't really ride it anywhere- its like the game shuttles where you just click on them and then fnd yourself teleported to whatever starport/shuttle.

There is some odd thing about it where the graphic of it stays showing and it says after I think 2 min something about how your rid has gone away.

But you don't have to store it and there is no 'store' option for it.

Might be useless for some people but I'm finding it very handing buzzing all over Talus looking for stuff to kill :)

• 4 weeks later...
Sounds pretty useful has anybody seen TOW out in stores heard there for sale walmart,bestbuy etc.

9692[/snapback]

ROFL. Bought the starter kit.

Plan on using it to sploit Nym's Starmap Quest before Pub 28 nerfs it to death.

I will need some combat toons to help out, of course. If I could get some help with the CL27 Trandoshans on Kashyyyk, I'd be grateful - and would pay - for the assistance. I'm thinking trying it, Ohhhhh, 30 times or so, hoping to cram in 3 per day as long as I can. All in order to snag a 100+ speed QID for future piloting fun.

One disposable alt is all you need, preferably Trader (non-aggro). Oh yeah, after Pub 28, this baby gets nerfed so you have to be a CL22 just to start the thing...that means Traders will need to be like box 7 I think? In other words, you can't create a toon, skip tutorial, get a starter ship, fly to narmle, get start device, do quest, drop off goodies with main toon, delete, rinse and repeat anymore.

You'll have to add in muy grinding just to get Nym to talk to you.

BAH!

I'm going to do it.

Any (paid) volunteers? B)