Join us if you're lvl 90!!!

Astrus

• Founder

Before i begin on this let me set the record straight on a few of the different aspects of this game and my take on them.

PVP = Short Term Fun

PVE = Fairly Long Term Fun

Crafting = Long Term Fun

Friendships Created in Game = Longest Term Fun

....I've been hearing that there are certain guilds that have made it thier calling to proposition and try to recruit every level 90 character that they come into contact w/.

This is really disgusting in my opinion.

....Mainly because they try to recruit others that have already put in hard work to achieve thier level, rather than helping others to achieve level. Me personally, when I wanted SancT's to achieve a higher level, i got off of my *butt* and HELPED my friends to become stronger, rather than kiss the *butt* of someone that i dont like or snuggle up under some person i hardly knew.

I TRULY BELIEVE in HELPING others in game if i have power...and it seems that these certain guilds are really making efforts to grab as many of the mature level PC's as they can to amass some BS "Super Power" guild for the sake of "kicking *butt* in PVP".

The greatest guilds in Wanderhome history have been guilds who are crafting and socially grounded, with guidelines that are made to keep a great community, as opposed to "Regulating Command Structures and Bossing around everyone for the purpose of kicking someonelses *butt*"

Having said that...SancTuarY has been a "Super Power PvP" guild twice in its 3 year history, and its STILL not something that I'd 'define' our guild as. The reason that we are different is that we have refused to PvP for strategic purposes and just to get away from that particular crowd of mostly short-tempered, immature idiots.

Another reason why SancT has NEVER stayed a "PvP guild indefinitely" is mainly because ...PVP = Short Term....So that would naturally mean that a guild based on PVP =.....well....SHORT TERM.

That has been the truth for all PVP based guilds.

So beware of the "Hey you're level 90!? COME JOIN US DUDE WE PVP bish!!" guilds. The guild itself, and the respect you get will most likely be "short-term" :wrong:

Its been argued time and time again...but reality also tells us the below:

PVP Guild = Short Term Guild :unsure:

Guild Based on Respect and a Mature Social Structure = Longest Term Guild :H5:

I agree 100% on this. Many a guilds have been formed and fallen quickly because there main focus was (back when jedi were superior to everything) get full template the get jedi NOW! If all you do is pvp all of the other aspects and issues in game get neglected. And just as my side personal opinoin, some of the meanest and selfish people in SWG do nothing but pvp. pvp can get very tedious, and often the compatition drives people to be ruthless. In those situations more times than not pvp guilds tear themselves apart. And believe me hardcore pvpers often times hold grudges for 2+ years. It's just not worth the grief.

• Executive
So beware of the "Hey you're level 90!? COME JOIN US DUDE WE PVP bish!!" guilds. The guild itself, and the respect you get will most likely be "short-term"  :wrong:

PVP Guild = Short Term Guild  :unsure:

Guild Based on Respect and Mature Social Structure = Longest Term Guild  :H5:

9249[/snapback]

Yup, that explains it all .. and that is also why most of those who leave us for PvP guilds come crying back after a month or so :rolleyes: by then it is too late to come back...

PvP = Pony Vs Pony, good for one thing .. go along with the ride until you fall? :giggle:

MyLittlePony2Demo.jpg

Lol, that PvP sentence above was kinda funny! hehehe

CvP = Carebear Vs Pony!!!!

... wewts!

- Shaw :lol:

Edited by Shawkorrr

Yup, that explains it all .. and that is also why most of those who leave us for PvP guilds come crying back after a month or so :rolleyes: by then it is too late to come back...

PvP = Pony Vs Pony, good for one thing .. go along with the ride until you fall? :giggle:

MyLittlePony2Demo.jpg

Lol, that PvP sentence above was kinda funny! hehehe

CvP = Carebear Vs Pony!!!!

... wewts!

- Shaw :lol:

9278[/snapback]

They suuuuure have funny-looking things for *ahem* older guys to "play" with over the ocean...

I don't know much about PvP, but like I said in another thread, I LOVE this guild because of the relationships (especially older or "more mature" folk like me) I have found here. I can still have fun with the younger crowd, but the focus tends to switch more often and some become easily bored with achieving goals which are not long-term in function. IE, I am *still* trying to collect KSE fragments after a month. I had a couple younglings interested in helping me hoard comps to RE for the discs, but they got tired of the chase fairly soon and quit...I don't think their contribution will be overlooked in the final analysis ( I mean not to) but those who have grinded Jedi in days past know to what I refer. Had things not gone south with the NGE, I would have enjoyed the hunt to unlock same as you... I just got involved too late to try it.

I see the PvP-ers doing their thing all over the landscape and I really don't see the prize here besides bragging rights..and that in the cookie-cutter reality we game in is limited further. I am not opposed to it, just rather enjoy my space game, my RE-ing and the folks I see regularly (when their blasted PCs aren't on the fritz).

I have never dueled anyone, but would like to learn the ropes from youse older folk, but I definately agree with the reasoning here: The Long-term enjoyment is really the social-structure and the crafting which will enable SancT to endure through the PvP eras.

My two cents..

Edited by Edaun Ifor

• Executive
They suuuuure have funny-looking things for *ahem* older guys to "play" with over the ocean...

I don't know much about PvP, but like I said in another thread, I LOVE this guild because of the relationships (especially older or "more mature" folk like me) I have found here. I can still have fun with the younger crowd, but the focus tends to switch more often and some become easily bored with achieving goals which are not long-term in function.  IE, I am *still* trying to collect KSE fragments after a month. I had a couple younglings interested in helping me hoard comps to RE for the discs, but they got tired of the chase fairly soon and quit...I don't think their contribution will be overlooked in the final analysis ( I mean not to) but those who have grinded Jedi in days past know to what I refer.  Had things not gone south with the NGE, I would have enjoyed the hunt to unlock same as you... I just got involved too late to try it.

I see the PvP-ers doing their thing all over the landscape and I really don't see the prize here besides bragging rights..and that in the cookie-cutter reality we game in is limited further.  I am not opposed to it, just rather enjoy my space game, my RE-ing and the folks I see regularly (when their blasted PCs aren't on the fritz).

I have never dueled anyone, but would like to learn the ropes from youse older folk, but I definately agree with the reasoning here: The Long-term enjoyment is really the social-structure and the crafting which will enable SancT to endure through the PvP eras.

My two cents..

9360[/snapback]

You should seriously get to know Chunga (member of SancT), he would LOVE to come back and help yah out in space!

Chunga = Space-fan #1!

I urge you to send him a PM and tell him to get his Mon Calamari bum back to the game and help out our space squdron! :dance:

/salute

Chunga ended his subscription to SWG because of the lack of space activities (space was more or less nerfed) etc after the NGE.. perhaps if he see this, he will come back? :pray:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Gotta say, SancT is a one-of-a-kind experience for me. I often take a few months off from games, inevitable when work gets nuts. This is the first time I've come back to a game and not only was the guild still there (usually disbands in the interim) but people knew who I WAS!

That just doesn't normally happen, thanks for everything folks. LONG LIVE SANCT! and LONG LIVE THE PONY!

• 2 months later...

Guess I won't have a problem with this...I think I'm going to be level 80 forever :P .

I refuse to buy the lava planet expansion, so I think I'll go to Kashyyyk and actually do the quests.

I am still adjusting from all the changes in SWG. I preferred crafting my meds and healing people, not just running around magically spraying bacta from my pores <_< .

Oh well, gotta roll with the punches I guess!

• 3 weeks later...

I agree 110%. I joined SancT, it was a great guild, lots of great friends. I left SWG, still kept trolling the forums, joined an STO guild with a bunch of the guys from the guild...eh, you get the idea. Now, who wants to invade Warhammer Online with me? WAAAGH!!!

• 4 months later...

Same thing with WoW man... guilds that only do PvP or certain raids can get boring... I mean what if you want to roll another character? You can't bring your alt in for ANY help. I'm pretty sure atleast 10% of the members users in the WoW sect are alts. Asking for help is okay aslong as you don't expect people to do ALL of the work.

Mr. Smith has joined the guild.

Mr. Smith: Hey guys can you fly to darkshire? I have no idea where this quest is...

Mr. Smith: Hey can someone kill the horde in stv?

Mr. Smith: ARGH freaking horde...

Mr. Smith: Please come kill these things for my quest...

etc.

I will admit that I probably have fallen into the category of asking the guild for help a little too mch... but I am more than willing to aid other guildies in my time.

Helping others is only going to make the guild stronger... If you treat your members like crap they're going to leave... If you don't ever help them they're not going to level as fast and not be help... if you help them they will probably help you directly some time... through profession or special class skill.

In the end I've found this guild to be very enjoyable and community oriented...

Sometime we get off topic and talk about chowder in the pants, but it's all in good fun. :H5:

...and then we had the player who was in Sanctuary of Wanderhome for like 3 minutes.

The shortest guildmember ever:

PLAYER: Who is in this guild?

EDAUN: We are

ISANINE: We are

PLAYER: I think the best guild is SerenityNow.

ASTRUS: G/L with that.

Player has been kicked from Sanctuary of Wanderhome by Guild Leader Astrus.

ROFL

• 3 months later...

hey i was a lvl 90 commando known as vanore i believe alot of you know me, anyway i havent played in a whille and i am thinking of making my come back. i was a commando i dont know if its still active, i will help when needing i was part of the attack on naboo palace and was one of the last 3 rebels to stay and fight. i was just notifying you all of this, o and if you see a ichogo or a thorna blackrose tell them vanore is returning

i agree i saw 2 guilds doing that run by the same power crazy guy, and the guilds war broken up about a month after and the first time was cause i got people to leave he he anyway i think i know astrus but im not sure if he remembers me but my guild R-A-F was dedicated to ranking any lvls up in crafting entertainment or combat. we focused on this purpos and our guild hall was called the school we would train rebels so they get to lvl 76-90 and then give them weapons for there lvls the guilds that have lvl 90s only are easy to take down cause there are more 86-90s that dont join cause of personal reasons that could take them down, when i return i promise you i will help destroys those guilds, with that said i am going to run into walls now.