An Idea that the Exec Board may want to consider when we get closer to Start Day.

Korvin2001

It is in regard's to our recruitment policies into a specific subset of gamers that could potentially help the Org grow.

I do not know if it is possible or if the complexity of the potential relationships when the game is complete.

Autistic gamers would be ideal for some of the suggestions I have proposed that I would expect cannot be done by npc's. The down side is that such players are limited in what game loops they can handle including combat ones. Some can and some cannot. But they are really good at what they can do.

I am not saying we should or should not attempt to do the above when we get closer to Start Day, I am just suggesting that the Board may want to be open to the idea depending upon how the final product turns out. 

• Confused 2

Sorry @Korvin2001but as a professional neurodiversity advocate, I have to strongly disagree with your statement "such players are limited in what game loops they can handle including combat ones".  Did you have some study or data that you can cite for this? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Yva Xorna said:

Sorry @Korvin2001but as a professional neurodiversity advocate, I have to strongly disagree with your statement "such players are limited in what game loops they can handle including combat ones".  Did you have some study or data that you can cite for this? 

More of a case of it it not advisable to push them to do anything not inside their comfort zone. Within what they want to so they are highly capable but attempting to get them to do things they are not comfortable with tends to not lead to good things. In that area I would leave those things to professionals. Besides this is a game and helping them to directly or indirectly socialize and help both them and the org would be a good thing while placing the same requirements and expectation on them unless it is on an individual by individual bases would not be advised. And it is more of 2nd hand knowledge. My mother use to do intensive home care and she delt with a couple of such patients doing that kind of thing was left to the doctors and family due to the negative response issues that could come up.

It was also why I only made it a suggestion as a possible option. Because there are some thing I just do not see a regular player wanting to do long term. Such as being a wormhole shuttle pilot.

Just now, Korvin2001 said:

More of a case of it it not advisable to push them to do anything not inside their comfort zone. Within what they want to so they are highly capable but attempting to get them to do things they are not comfortable with tends to not lead to good things. In that area I would leave those things to professionals. Besides this is a game and helping them to directly or indirectly socialize and help both them and the org would be a good thing while placing the same requirements and expectation on them unless it is on an individual by individual bases would not be advised. And it is more of 2nd hand knowledge. My mother use to do intensive home care and she delt with a couple of such patients doing that kind of thing was left to the doctors and family due to the negative response issues that could come up.

It was also why I only made it a suggestion as a possible option. Because there are some thing I just do not see a regular player wanting to do long term. Such as being a wormhole shuttle pilot.

Or intrasystem freighter pilot

• Founder
On 7/8/2023 at 9:54 PM, Yva Xorna said:

Well recruiting players with specific sets of skills could be a strategy for less-prepared orgs but we've got Space Bujutsu and we're not afraid to use it. End of.

Ill defer to Yva on this one. She has more expertise in this area than Ill ever have.

Good Questions though Korvin.

4 hours ago, Astrus said:

Ill defer to Yva on this one. She has more expertise in this area than Ill ever have.

Good Questions though Korvin.

That is more than fine. The main reason I mentioned it is because of CIG public statements about jump poin/workhole transit. As far as i can see there is a limit number of responses to that issue depending on what CIG does with computer blades and npc's.

Blade autopilot to handle repeated transits for player ships on the jump point hull As and Bs, npc copilot to take the pressure and boardom off of players, develop a shield/pressure system just to compel ships into the center of the wormhole or a 3rd party jump point transit app which more than doable since WIG has included particle flow in wormholes that could act as a bread Crum trail for such an app. After we are talking about at least 3-6 transits per hour and i have a npc's would get needed if anyone tried to operate a jump point transit system just using npc's.