Hello from the void!

Zhiv

Yup.  Shaw said I should stop by and post an *update* post of sorts.

So I'm still(?) driving big trucks, however now I'm driving dump trucks for an outfit called "Military and Federal Trucking".  We do mostly civil and military haulage projects (stone, sand, contaminated soil removal).  I do it because I've been treated alright so far and it's a more laid-back work place than 99% of the places I've worked at before.  I don't have to compete to be promoted because all of us are paid the same across the board.  No one is paid more or less for seniority levels.  The only perk with seniority is that every Christmas, we get a $100 bonus times the number of years served with the company, so a nice perk!

In my personal life, I'm now a home owner (of sorts).  I say of sorts, because I don't pay extra for the trailer I live in, only pay for the lot rent at this point.  But I don't have a title for this home because the property owner lost is somewhere and honestly, at this point, it's probably a good thing.  But I'm free to explore upgrades and modifications how I see fit, so a plus!

Mom's about the same.  Her health fluctuates up and down, so on average she's not better or worse.  I'm there if she needs me, but I'm not invasive or intrusive at this point.  Same with my aunt, who also lives down here in NC with us.  

Don't have much time for gaming as of late, but still have my Star Citizen account, and I'll soon be upgrading my pc again so I can play it better (I hope).  Seems my 1660 TI doesn't have the brass to run it over 15fps, when it has no issues with other games.  Though I haven't tried lately.  It runs Elite Dangerous just fine tho.  I can usually get 40+ fps at 4k on most games, which is sufficient to me.

I think about y'all often, and often regale of past experiences with my co-workers and such.  They don't mind me geeking out and such over computer games. 

So hope everyone is well.  I know I've been a ghost lately, but honestly, now that my life is coming back around I look forward to reconnecting to everyone.  I'll drop into mumble some day and have a chat, but right now, need to get back to house cleaning.  I don't have many days off work, so when I do, they're spent doing chores.  I love rain and hate it at the same time.

• Thanks 2

• Executive
14 hours ago, Zhiv said:

Yup.  Shaw said I should stop by and post an *update* post of sorts.

So I'm still(?) driving big trucks, however now I'm driving dump trucks for an outfit called "Military and Federal Trucking".  We do mostly civil and military haulage projects (stone, sand, contaminated soil removal).  I do it because I've been treated alright so far and it's a more laid-back work place than 99% of the places I've worked at before.  I don't have to compete to be promoted because all of us are paid the same across the board.  No one is paid more or less for seniority levels.  The only perk with seniority is that every Christmas, we get a $100 bonus times the number of years served with the company, so a nice perk!

In my personal life, I'm now a home owner (of sorts).  I say of sorts, because I don't pay extra for the trailer I live in, only pay for the lot rent at this point.  But I don't have a title for this home because the property owner lost is somewhere and honestly, at this point, it's probably a good thing.  But I'm free to explore upgrades and modifications how I see fit, so a plus!

Mom's about the same.  Her health fluctuates up and down, so on average she's not better or worse.  I'm there if she needs me, but I'm not invasive or intrusive at this point.  Same with my aunt, who also lives down here in NC with us.  

Don't have much time for gaming as of late, but still have my Star Citizen account, and I'll soon be upgrading my pc again so I can play it better (I hope).  Seems my 1660 TI doesn't have the brass to run it over 15fps, when it has no issues with other games.  Though I haven't tried lately.  It runs Elite Dangerous just fine tho.  I can usually get 40+ fps at 4k on most games, which is sufficient to me.

I think about y'all often, and often regale of past experiences with my co-workers and such.  They don't mind me geeking out and such over computer games. 

So hope everyone is well.  I know I've been a ghost lately, but honestly, now that my life is coming back around I look forward to reconnecting to everyone.  I'll drop into mumble some day and have a chat, but right now, need to get back to house cleaning.  I don't have many days off work, so when I do, they're spent doing chores.  I love rain and hate it at the same time.

Glad to see you here again! ?

Not a bad perk to get a 100USD every christmas ? 

Congratulations on your new home! Show/post/send us pictures!

Good to see your mom is doing ok too man.

Star Citizen has improved a little bit the last few patches so it may be running smoother now, I think ? 

Hah, yeah, we've had some good memories these years! ? worth sharing around!

Stop by when you can brother @Zhiv - we are around hehe.