New noobie!!

Ugad

Thanks for excepting me.

Toon name: Ugad

I am Trevor an oil and gas electrician in Oklahoma.  I am married with kids (limited play time).  I love space and space based games.  i am a complete noob at this game but look forward to learning it.  I played SWG from beta to about 2009 when my last child was born.  I remember SancT but cant remember if i was being recruited, was allies, or was a member cuz it was too long ago.

• Like 3

• Executive
7 hours ago, Ugad said:

Thanks for excepting me.

Toon name: Ugad

I am Trevor an oil and gas electrician in Oklahoma.  I am married with kids (limited play time).  I love space and space based games.  i am a complete noob at this game but look forward to learning it.  I played SWG from beta to about 2009 when my last child was born.  I remember SancT but cant remember if i was being recruited, was allies, or was a member cuz it was too long ago.

@Ugad Welcome fellow wanderhomie! ? ? 

Edited by Shawkorrr
  • Thanks 1

• Executive
4 hours ago, Ugad said:

getting a little ahead of me now.  still have a lot to read about the game.  any suggestions or areas of info?

@Ugad I usually recommend hanging around in Mumble. Quickest way to get info IMO. Other than that going through our forums is a good way.

Our Star Citizen Helpdesk is also a good place to ask this question or any question you might have.

https://www.sanctuaryofwanderhome.com/forums/index.php?/forum/51-star-citizen-helpdesk/

5 hours ago, Shawkorrr said:

@Ugad I usually recommend hanging around in Mumble. Quickest way to get info IMO. Other than that going through our forums is a good way.

Our Star Citizen Helpdesk is also a good place to ask this question or any question you might have.

https://www.sanctuaryofwanderhome.com/forums/index.php?/forum/51-star-citizen-helpdesk/

I still dont have permission to access that Forum.   Was also having a bit of trouble getting into the mumble server.  It is a little different from the it is a little different from the instructions, i couldnt get the video to work,  and sometime my internet is bothersome.  i will try again this afternoon

13 hours ago, Yva Xorna said:

Any luck getting into Mumble?

No, it is having trouble connecting.  it will not even find any local servers.  I pinged the SoW server and everything seemed fine.  

so far all i have done is try running Mumble in Admin mode, turning off firewall, disabling old Network connections and i cannot get it to do anything.

what versions of Mumble are you all running.  the newest version 2.1.19 (i think) doesnt even have a spot for the password when you are setting up to connect to new server.

now i had to put my crew on 7 - 12s for the next 3 weeks so i will have limited time messing with it.  i wil try and install it on my work laptop so that i can eliminate the possiblitly of it being my game rig or home internet (which sux but the coop is bringing fiber in the next 5 years)

I got it to work on my work laptop using my phone Hotspot for internet.  now i have a control to do a few troubleshooting scenarios with my game rig, home internet, work laptop, and hotspot.  i suspect i have some network setup issues on the game rig since last winter a pack rat chewed the data line in my attic.  i managed to catch the little bastard but never got back to pulling new cables so i am running off a usb wireless adaptor ATM

Welcome to the organization!  Sorry to hear about your mumble issues and your previous internet issues.  I struggled with some problems in mumble, but when i updated to the beta version  from here it worked better.  It is the development snapshot, but I like it a little better than the "stable release".