My Lump...(not a hip hop song)

Zhiv

Ok, so as most of you know, I have a lump on the side of my face that is the size of a golf ball.  Well I have a surgery for it scheduled for January 12th 2018 at UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill NC.  It should be a semi-simple procedure, and there will be some mass loss, so when they stitch me back up, there will be a noticeable divot in the side of my face.  I can choose to have them fill it in, and I may still do that.  I'm not going to worry about the cost right now.  I'm going to worry about it coming out.  The procedure shouldn't take more than 3-4 hours, and they'll keep me overnight to recover and observe.

I may try to get them to let me live stream the operation (I'm sure they won't).  I may even just have someone record it on my phone or something.  

The procedure involves making an incision from the base of my left ear to the jaw line in a counter-clockwise direction.  They then fold back the skin to expose the tumorous parotid glad.  They then have to trace the facial nerve that is involved and then remove the mass in whole.

I'll admit, I'm very bad about taking care of my health.  But this is something that EVERYONE has been urging me to do, and I thank you all for doing so.

So this is the update to the update to the update about the status of my unborn alien child.

More to come soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Executive

Yes! Great to hear the surgery is now scheduled, and now is just the waiting game!

Seem like a pretty straight forward procedure to be honest, and I am sure it will go as planned. The mass loss is nothing to worry about, as long as the "unborn alien child" is removed that is what matters :1_grinning:

Yeah they won't let you live stream it, but I am sure they can take some pictures along the way to document it for yourself and friends. Juuuuuust be careful posting stuff up in here without having me and Astrus viewing it first lol, we don't want @Yva Xorna passing out or something like that bwhaha.

We're staying tuned.