-=I joined Sanctuary of Wanderhome=-

Shawkorrr

Hello all, 

I am Elias (in-game: SargentGhost). I play CSGO, Statisfactory, Space Engineers, and much more.
I've had StarCititzen for about 2 weeks now, but due to PC issues I wasn't able to really start playing until a few days ago, so I'm still learning the basics and trying to get the hang of it. I am looking forward to learning more.

Thanks for the invitation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Executive
2 hours ago, SargentGhost said:

Hello all, 

I am Elias (in-game: SargentGhost). I play CSGO, Statisfactory, Space Engineers, and much more.
I've had StarCititzen for about 2 weeks now, but due to PC issues I wasn't able to really start playing until a few days ago, so I'm still learning the basics and trying to get the hang of it. I am looking forward to learning more.

Thanks for the invitation.

Welcome to our wonderful community @SargentGhost !!!!

Hello @SargentGhost welcome to SoW! We have a collection of new players and veteran players so if you need help with something be sure to ask. Normally we have training sessions scheduled but we are getting ready to take our holiday break.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Jaybraham here, started playing SC about 2 days ago, come from Elite Dangerous as the next nearest thing but I play literally anything from Factorio/Satisfactory, Medieval Dynasty, Stationeers/Space engineer to Escape from Tarkov.

I'm mainly enjoying hunting the bad guys though I have stayed away from actual players. So far I have earnt 100k, lost it all, crashed into the ground countless times, stations countless times, cleared a cave of enemies brimmed to the pockets with loot only to be sniped on the way back to my ship. However I absolutely love this game so far, flight and combat mechanics are nice and the 'verse itself is a very interesting place to be part of.

I'm always up for group gaming vs solo, my play times are every other evening minimim after I put my son to bed at 1900 GMT and currently working my way out of my Aurora MR

Thanks again for bringing my into the fold as a full member

o7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Executive
22 hours ago, JayDMills said:

Hello All,

Jaybraham here, started playing SC about 2 days ago, come from Elite Dangerous as the next nearest thing but I play literally anything from Factorio/Satisfactory, Medieval Dynasty, Stationeers/Space engineer to Escape from Tarkov.

I'm mainly enjoying hunting the bad guys though I have stayed away from actual players. So far I have earnt 100k, lost it all, crashed into the ground countless times, stations countless times, cleared a cave of enemies brimmed to the pockets with loot only to be sniped on the way back to my ship. However I absolutely love this game so far, flight and combat mechanics are nice and the 'verse itself is a very interesting place to be part of.

I'm always up for group gaming vs solo, my play times are every other evening minimim after I put my son to bed at 1900 GMT and currently working my way out of my Aurora MR

Thanks again for bringing my into the fold as a full member

o7

Weeeeeeeeeeeelcome @JayDMills

:uXIowmn:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone o/

I'm Frake, from the Netherlands. I'm currently in my final year of my Electrical Engineering degree. I Had a bit of time off from gaming since I moved to Strasbourg, France for a semester. After a while I decided on staying indefinitely, which meant hauling over my gaming rig first, and my two joysticks after that. I felt the itch for some more awesome sci-fi pew pew in my life, and decided this time I'll do it in great company :).

Some more background info about moi:

Games I've played a lot include Battlefield (Bad Company & 3), League of Legends, Supreme Commander and EVE online. I enjoy most things sci-fi, like games such as IXION and Homeworld. I guess it won't be a surprise that one of my favourite shows is The Expanse.

I've been a backer since 2013. Bought the mustang alpha game package with my mothers creditcard back then (time sure flies). Didn't end up playing it a lot in the first years of development, though.

Now I enjoy doing most of the PvE content, but I want to do more PvP (and survive). So you'll see me at the trainings whenever I have the time. When the next patch goes live, I'm surely going to try out some racing and salvaging :).

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

• Thanks 2

• Executive
8 minutes ago, Frake said:

Hey everyone o/

I'm Frake, from the Netherlands. I'm currently in my final year of my Electrical Engineering degree. I Had a bit of time off from gaming since I moved to Strasbourg, France for a semester. After a while I decided on staying indefinitely, which meant hauling over my gaming rig first, and my two joysticks after that. I felt the itch for some more awesome sci-fi pew pew in my life, and decided this time I'll do it in great company :).

Games I've played a lot include Battlefield (Bad Company & 3), League of Legends, Supreme Commander and EVE online. I enjoy most things sci-fi, like games such as IXION and Homeworld. I guess it won't be a surprise that one of my favourite shows is The Expanse.

I've been a backer since 2013. Bought the mustang alpha game package with my mothers creditcard back then (time sure flies). Didn't end up playing it a lot in the first years of development, though.

Now I enjoy doing most of the PvE content, but I want to do more PvP (and survive). So you'll see me at the trainings whenever I have the time. When the next patch goes live, I'm surely going to try out some racing and salvaging :).

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeelcome to Sanctuary of Wanderhome!

Glad to have you with us! @Frake

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Frake said:

Hey everyone o/

Welcome, friend! Hope to rendez-vous at future training sessions!

• Thanks 1

Hey everybody, Bashful here!  New to the org today and looking forward to space trucking my way to fame and fortune. Joined the mumble server but it's pretty much a ghost town in there right now.  Are there busier times of day I should be on?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Executive
12 hours ago, Bashful said:

Hey everybody, Bashful here!  New to the org today and looking forward to space trucking my way to fame and fortune. Joined the mumble server but it's pretty much a ghost town in there right now.  Are there busier times of day I should be on?

Welcome to us @Bashful

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Yva Xorna said:

Hello Bashful. We are all from different time zones so sometimes there are lots of people and other times people might be at school or work. Good to see you found the training. Welcome to SoW 🙂

Ahhhhh got it. Met a few members on mumble last night.  Nice group of folks, I'm sure I'm going to fit right in!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ahoy!

I am new, just joined a few days ago. I've been a backer for 3 whole weeks! I don't play any kind of space or flight sim type games but a friend showed me Star Citizen and I've just kind of been in love with it ever since, bugs and all. 

Currently I'm living the bounty hunter life, just unlocked ERT's and started making some good money. I plan on getting in to salvaging in 3.18, looking forward to working together on a reclaimer!

If you are looking for a crewmate please hit me up, right now I'm wanting to try everything, so if you are looking for a gunner or somebody to drive you around in a ROC-DS, just let me know.

• Thanks 3

• Executive
2 hours ago, Kaelden said:

Ahoy!

I am new, just joined a few days ago. I've been a backer for 3 whole weeks! I don't play any kind of space or flight sim type games but a friend showed me Star Citizen and I've just kind of been in love with it ever since, bugs and all. 

Currently I'm living the bounty hunter life, just unlocked ERT's and started making some good money. I plan on getting in to salvaging in 3.18, looking forward to working together on a reclaimer!

If you are looking for a crewmate please hit me up, right now I'm wanting to try everything, so if you are looking for a gunner or somebody to drive you around in a ROC-DS, just let me know.

Welcome welcome weeeeeeeeeeeeeeelcome to Sanctuary of Wanderhome @Kaelden

capoo-bug-cat.gif

9 hours ago, Kaelden said:

Ahoy!

Welcome @Kaelden! 🙂 

There's been some talk about doing a reclaimer operation, so I think it's safe to say that's going to be a thing.

I don't have much time for in the PU at the moment, but when I do, I'll let you know!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Kaelden said:

Ahoy!

Welcome @Kaelden!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello all-

I just joined SoW even before I was able to log into the game after the 3.18 update.  I saw the videos and did a little research on the game, but didn't see the issues that plagued the game after the update, so after making the purchase and downloading the game, I sat for about a week wondering what I got myself into.  But finally last night I was able to log in for the first time and am already amazed by the scale and detail.  I haven't even been off planet yet.  There's so much I'm gonna have to learn, which is why after receiving the email for recruitment, I decided to join.  I hope to find some patient players who don't mind too much to answer questions and showing me the ropes.

I work offshore, sometimes months at a time, so I may end up disappearing here and there, although I just got the Starlink system to take with me offshore, so we'll see how that works.

• Thanks 2

• Executive
1 hour ago, TheDiveFreak said:

Hello all-

I just joined SoW even before I was able to log into the game after the 3.18 update.  I saw the videos and did a little research on the game, but didn't see the issues that plagued the game after the update, so after making the purchase and downloading the game, I sat for about a week wondering what I got myself into.  But finally last night I was able to log in for the first time and am already amazed by the scale and detail.  I haven't even been off planet yet.  There's so much I'm gonna have to learn, which is why after receiving the email for recruitment, I decided to join.  I hope to find some patient players who don't mind too much to answer questions and showing me the ropes.

I work offshore, sometimes months at a time, so I may end up disappearing here and there, although I just got the Starlink system to take with me offshore, so we'll see how that works.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelcome to Sanctuary of Wanderhome @TheDiveFreak

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!   

Just joined, and just installed the game 2 days ago, so yeah I'm that kind of new  Even more fun I'm old AF, actually a grandpa IRL.  Had a client I was working with talk about this game so I decided to give it shot. I was interested because my favorite game of all time was  Space Cowboy Online it was  later rebranded as ACE online. This is the closest thing I've seen to what that game might have evolved in to and I am really excited to get started in the world. This is also a return to PC Gaming for me as I have lived in the console world for the last decade trying to make my run at the NBA 2K League. Turns out I'm trash so that didn't work out, but never surrender right?

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you folks and flying around and stuff.

• Thanks 1