Buy Citigroup: $4 to $12 in the next year or so.

Astrus

• Founder

I believe that today is the best day to get into Citigroup.

I believe that it will go to $12 within the next 365 days or so.

ATM its around $4 a share. I believe if you dont get in now youll regret it later.

I think if you get in now you should take some profits at around $6 a share and pocket it.

--------------------------------------

I rarely put my neck out like this but most of the time Im right about these things, (ask Adaren H5.gif ).

by the way I have a VERY LARGE position (over 40%) in citigroup, so Im not just talking BS.

I have my money where my mouth is. smile.gif

Citigroup up HUGE ($5.20+ today) since I last recommended it to you guys.

I hope a few of you were able to get in on that 30%+ gain in profits....I know I did!  H5.gif

40739[/snapback]

Do you know that it's shareholders are actually filing a 500-some page lawsuit against them?

Essentially Citigroup/bank whatever has been holding onto toxic assets for awhile. Instead of validly getting them off the books by selling them off to someone else, they have been creating business and other write-offs to make them disappear. Now that the shareholders found this out they are freaking out.

There was a feature on this in "This American Life". I would be cautious where you put your money with the way the banks are dealing with even their own money now.

Well I'm in as soon as I get the minimum deposit together for my trading account because this will be my retirement as soon as I talk to my beneficiary about some sensitive information.

Well I'm in as soon as I get the minimum deposit together for my trading account because this will be my retirement as soon as I talk to my beneficiary about some sensitive information.

40749[/snapback]

Be sure to use limit orders. Rule number two of Jim Cramer's Real Money. By deciding what price you are willing to pay for a piece of the pie you can determine what you think is right.

Not a direct quote from the book, but I was sure to get the main idea of it. Also as Yurizot pointed out be sure to diversify your investments further mitigating the chances of a major loss.

Most definitely. I don't wanna 'put all my eggs in one basket', to borrow a phrase. If you really wanna make money in this market, or any for that matter, diversifying is the way to go.

• Founder
Do you know that it's shareholders are actually filing a 500-some page lawsuit against them?

Essentially Citigroup/bank whatever has been holding onto toxic assets for awhile. Instead of validly getting them off the books by selling them off to someone else, they have been creating business and other write-offs to make them disappear. Now that the shareholders found this out they are freaking out.

There was a feature on this in "This American Life". I would be cautious where you put your money with the way the banks are dealing with even their own money now.

40748[/snapback]

Sorry to dampen your bear parade but anyone who knows anything about Citigroup or ANY other major money center, knows that a "lawsuit" of any kind would be too small to falter this company.

When you are looking for bear catalysts for Citigroup or any other Money Center you need to look for possible Earnings Losses, Government Attention of ANY kind or Officer/Executive departures. Lawsuits are a weak bear catalyst for companies as big as Citigroup.

AIG is riddled with lawsuits that wont come close to denting its EPS, not to mention illterate CEO's and the worst press that any company has had since Jack n the Box had the ecoli scare...... and it went from 3 bucks to $22+...... I rode it up halfway but there is no way in hell i expected it to to get to $22+ THIS YEAR lol.

Every major money center that received a bailout is doing better than expected.

BTW thanks for the "timeless" advice in being "cautious with my money". wrong.gif

Id add that you also need to be cautious with your bear catalyst theories.

The NPR Network as well as countless other news organizations have been talking about the Major Lenders who were involved with sub prime lending getting sued since JANUARY 2009 dude.....

The street is a bit smarter than you think it is. I'm very sure that everyone has taken into account the lawsuits and is pricing Citigroups shares accordingly...but to bring up something like that when it was reported like 8 months ago isn't good research in my opinion.

By the way are you invested in Citigroup or do you plan to short sell Citigroup due to your findings Durry?

Do you even have any money invested in anything atm, and if so why are you invested in them and when do you expect profits?

On a more productive note, I will tell you however that from my own research and opinion (mostly opinion though) I believe that there is about a 70% chance you will probably see Citigroup take a slight decline tomorrow.

I wont be selling nor do I think anyonelse should but I think some weak greedy hands are going to sell early, and miss out on more gains in the coming months.

Sorry to dampen your bear parade but anyone who knows anything about Citigroup or ANY other major money center, knows that a "lawsuit" of any kind would be too small to falter this company.

When you are looking for bear catalysts for Citigroup or any other Money Center you need to look for possible Earnings Losses, Government Attention of ANY kind or Officer/Executive departures. Lawsuits are a weak bear catalyst for companies as big as Citigroup.

AIG is riddled with lawsuits that wont come close to denting its EPS, not to mention  illterate CEO's and the worst press that any company has had since Jack n the Box had the ecoli scare...... and it went from 3 bucks to $22+...... I rode it up halfway but there is no way in hell i expected it to to get to $22+ THIS YEAR lol.

Every major money center that received a bailout is doing better than expected.

BTW thanks for the "timeless" advice in being "cautious with my money".  wrong.gif

Id add that you also need to be cautious with your bear catalyst theories.

The NPR Network as well as countless other news organizations have been talking about the Major Lenders who were involved with sub prime lending getting sued since JANUARY 2009 dude.....

The street is a bit smarter than you think it is. I'm very sure that everyone has taken into account the lawsuits and is pricing Citigroups shares accordingly...but to bring up something like that when it was reported like 8 months ago isn't good research in my opinion.

By the way are you invested in Citigroup or do you plan to short sell Citigroup due to your findings Durry?

Do you even have any money invested in anything atm, and if so why are you invested in them and when do you expect profits?

On a more productive note, I will tell you however that from my own research and opinion (mostly opinion though) I believe that there is about a 70% chance you will probably see Citigroup take a slight decline tomorrow.

I wont be selling nor do I think anyonelse should but I think some weak greedy hands are going to sell early, and miss out on more gains in the coming months.

40754[/snapback]

No I will not be going short nor do I have any money in citigroup. At the moment I do not have any money invested in anything. I am sure that doesn't make me an authority on the subject. As for my research I guess a companies past events have nothing to do with investing.

On a more productive note, I will tell you however that the weather tommorow in San Diego will be mostly sunny its all time high will be 86 degrees and after noon it will be a nice 76 degrees. Ah and 78% humidity! According to my research.

Seriously I find it funny that those who oppose from your ideals, you instantly attack them.

• Founder
No I will not be going short nor do I have any money in citigroup. At the moment I do not have any money invested in anything. I am sure that doesn't make me an authority on the subject. As for my research I guess a companies past events have nothing to do with investing.

On a more productive note, I will tell you however that the weather tomorrow in San Diego will be mostly sunny its all time high will be 86 degrees and after noon it will be a nice 76 degrees. Ah and 78% humidity! According to my research.

Seriously I find it funny that those who oppose from your ideals, you instantly attack them.

40767[/snapback]

You know I was trying to be nice and let allow you keep posting here even though youre a proven *butthole* who just likes coming in here and having your monthly tantrum. wrong.gif

...your reply to my post, and attempt at sarcasm, is pathetic at best, given we are talking specifically about investing. How does that saying go? "Sarcasm is mostly used as a refuge for the shallow mind"......or something like that. wrong.gif

Staying on subject; all Ill say is that past company/sector events should be measured by their relevancy, and you cant trust every analyst that has an opinion without weighing their opinion against other tangible evidence.

If you cant measure fundamentals by their relevancy you're bound to lose every dime you invest while playing into the hands of the analyst that wants you to buy or sell so that that said analyst can make their trade today. wink.gif

...and btw...Citigroup's stock declined in price by 23 cents. A decline I predicted a 70% chance to happen the day before in a post you mocked. cool.gif

40793[/snapback]

Can we please burry the hatchet and proceed with dicussing about investing? I actually want to learn more. I believe you are far more knowledgable in various areas than I am. I do not post just to complain every month. It is not marked on my organizer "Oh! whoops I forgot to go to sanct-guild.com/forums and have my monthly tantrum".

• Founder
Can we please burry the hatchet and proceed with dicussing about investing? I actually want to learn more. I believe you are far more knowledgable in various areas than I am. I do not post just to complain every month. It is not marked on my organizer "Oh! whoops I forgot to go to sanct-guild.com/forums and have my monthly tantrum".

40804[/snapback]

Wow you are somethingelse dude.

You come into our forums complaining about me as a person and my ego then rely on me, (who is the creator and main contributor in this investor forum) or want me to "bury the hatchet" when you need to make a little more $$$??

Your a piece of work buddy.

But hey.... you know my "ego and epeen" might get in the way of giving you sound investing advice....and BTW If i give you any sound investment advice I must impose my right as a guild leader to "yell it into your ear at the top of my lungs" in ventrilo.

wrong.gif

he's the REAL forum troll.  Hiding under a pile of unread topics and surfacing only to take jabs at his arch-nemesis Astrus....

40829[/snapback]

Nope. I was hoping that as a mature group of adults you would be able to hash things out. Overlooking, but not forgetting past events and still be able to carry on a conversation with out clinging to the past.

I do not rely on you. I believe this forums was a place to learn about investing correct?

You have made attacks at my personal life, my gameplay, college etc. yet I am still here able and willing to talk to you guys. To respond about any drama will continue the cycle. I am here to learn. If that means I have to be the Sanctuary punching bag so be it. Round 5, 6, 7 and so on.

• Founder
Nope. I was hoping that as a mature group of adults you would be able to hash things out. Overlooking, but not forgetting past events and still be able to carry on a conversation with out clinging to the past. 

I do not rely on you. I believe this forums was a place to learn about investing correct?

You have made attacks at my personal life, my gameplay, college etc. yet I am still here able and willing to talk to you guys. To respond about any drama will continue the cycle. I am here to learn. If that means I have to be the Sanctuary punching bag so be it. Round 5, 6, 7 and so on.

40841[/snapback]

wrong.gif