Greetings from Rivendel

Komalacta

• Executive

For those who do not know Komalacta, he was with us in SWG, and became SancT admin right before we moved to WoW.

Welcome back to the forums, Komlacta, hows things been?

I was gonna check out LOTRO on the behalf of the guild half a year ago, but I decided not to in the end.

Good to see you again bro!

- Shaw

Times been fast, slow and at a stop, but mostly fast. Otherwise I been trying to get my life in order and succeeding at that. I have almost overcame my social anxiety, which is why I have not been playing many videogames. Spending time with friends, and working with customers all day, which helps me a lot.

But for lotro (Lord of the Rings Online) many people say its a WOW clone, but since I never played WOW I dont really know. Its is a lot different then SWG you have 4 races to choose from; Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Hobbit. After that you have 7 classes to choose from; Minstrel (the healer), Captain (uses buffs to help the group and has a npc to help them), Burgler (who can cloak, debuff, and cause massive group attacks), Guardain (the tank), Champion (aoe and dps), Hunter (lots of dps to one target), Lore-Master (crowd-control and can summon a pet to help: raven, bear, eagle, and new to come lynx which is cloaked until it attacks. You can probably compare these classes to the WOW ones. But the jump key can get you over a fence, rock, or even on top of the town fountain. Otherwise the game runs very smoothly, the pvp need some work, but is still fun. Coming in October: Player and Kinship Housing!. Crafting is a treat and a burden. I am not trying to Recruit anyone just sharing the info and more info at http://www.lotro.com/ or a 7 day free trial at http://www.lotro.com/trial/index.php?utm_s...aign=Free_Trial

Everyone have a nice day

lvl 33 Lore-Master Komalacta

• Executive
Times been fast, slow and at a stop, but mostly fast.  Otherwise I been trying to get my life in order and succeeding at that.  I have almost overcame my social anxiety, which is why I have not been playing many videogames.  Spending time with friends, and working with customers all day, which helps me a lot.

But for lotro (Lord of the Rings Online) many people say its a WOW clone, but since I never played WOW I dont really know. Its is a lot different then SWG you have 4 races to choose from; Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Hobbit. After that you have 7 classes to choose from; Minstrel (the healer), Captain (uses buffs to help the group and has a npc to help them), Burgler (who can cloak, debuff, and cause massive group attacks), Guardain (the tank),  Champion (aoe and dps), Hunter (lots of dps to one target), Lore-Master (crowd-control and can summon a pet to help: raven, bear, eagle, and new to come lynx which is cloaked until it attacks.  You can probably compare these classes to the WOW ones.  But the jump key can get you over a fence, rock, or even on top of the town fountain.  Otherwise the game runs very smoothly, the pvp need some work, but is still fun.  Coming in October: Player and Kinship Housing!.  Crafting is a treat and a burden.  I am not trying to Recruit anyone just sharing the info and more info at http://www.lotro.com/ or a 7 day free trial at http://www.lotro.com/trial/index.php?utm_s...aign=Free_Trial

Everyone have a nice day

lvl 33 Lore-Master  Komalacta

23752[/snapback]

Komlacta, start up "SancTuarY of Wanderhome" in LOTRO :H5:

We are a multigaming guild afterall hehe

how much is the game, and is there a month charge like WoW if so how mucH?

23756[/snapback]

The main site says $15/month (+ discounts for 3, 6, 12 month plans) OR $299 lifetime membership fee. (Life of the game) One time fee. Sounds pretty nice.

With a one-time fee, I can play both WoW and LotRO. :D

I will likely try this game out and see how well it runs on my aging PC.

Are you on a specific server, Komalacta?

I bought the game to check out for 30 days, the trial does not include many functions you would normally use during the game /tell /bank functions etc.

I will have the account open for 30 days to try and will be back and forth between WoW and LotRO for the time being.

I'll keep ya updated on how it goes, but checking out System Requirements Lab to see how you PC should handle it is a good idea.

Which server is Komalacta and Kendu on? I'd like to start the SancTuary Kinship somewhere?

:D

I have setup Edaun of Lorien on the Bradywine Server.

Edited by Edaun Ifor