Leaving Game in a month

Edaun Ifor

I am going to pay one last month and then I will be out of SWG, at least until they come up with SWG2 or some other incarnation of the game we used to enjoy.

I am hooked on WoW, and I thought it was "too cartoony" until I started playing it on a free trial. I simply cannot afford to pay two subscriptions and SWG has become less populated and kinda boring to me. I made many friends in this game (my 1st MMO) and I will continue to post here and be on vent, as I am now in Sanctuary of Wanderhome on the Illidan server, WoW.

I have always been and will continue to be a diehard SW fan, but the DEVs have made it more and more difficult to play solo, and the GCW changes seemed to break the space game for me - so many folks in Restuss and not in DS...the Fleet has vanished and I rarely see anyone other than Roarwoor, Yva or other rebel guildies any more.

Edaun and Garu have ac**no no word**ulated many, many ship components...The RE'd ones I have already reserved for a couple close friends, but most anything else I'll be happy to give away to anyone who wants/needs them. I'll decide what to do with my BARC and some other UBER stuff and donate my remaining cash to the guild for maintenance costs.

I will continue to post here and on the SWG forums, hoping for this beloved game and its' designers to get its' act together.

/salute and /deepbow to all my family here,

Edaun and Garu

• Executive

I totally understand that Edaun and Draejth.

The SOE devs have not yet come up with something that could please us enough to stay. They say they might give out this new expansion or whatever it was called where we can get some new walker vehicle, /rude that. I know for sure I am not one of those who will pre-order this time, not at all.

Yes, SancTuarY of Wanderhome on WoW is a very good option for those who wish to do something different for a change.

Astrus is making a brand new WoW web-site for the guild also.

Edaun, take my advice, dont give away any of your items in SWG, in some months there is nothing left to do for the devs, because they have finished all the combat expertises. Which means they have only one thing left; Crafter Revamp. This will probably bring back some kind of decay and it will make crafters life a little better. Time will tell. So do not give away your stuff just yet.

Anyways, we will always see you here on the forums hehe

- Shaw

"but the DEVs have made it more and more difficult to play solo"

sucks to c anyone go, but i have to disagree if anything its EASIER to solo, i have a master jedi, and i can solo everything but df2, and MAYBE a couple other spots, but as for hk, df1, droid army, beetle cave, sk, pffft i can do that in my sleep.

anywho gl in wow, later

i ate my sig

With all the changes this game has been through, I have seen 60 of the 73+ friends on my list fade away. I tried WoW on the trial and liked it and how seamless it worked for me. I will likely play this until Vanguard arrives and jump on that one day one.

Shaw,

If I don't get rid of my stuff and my account closes, how will I be able to regain my stuff if I ever return to the game? Does it keep my name and acquired inventory in the game or what?

Roar,

I would be happy to give you my BARC, I mentioned it to someone else and have to check if they want it or not...a friend who *was* moving to WH from Chimaera...before the Fleet went to pot.

WoW is not the end-all game to beat all MMOs, but it's better than SWG now, and easier to play than Entropia....I'm big into LoTR, but not sure who else is doing that and with all the hubbub with WoW and Astrus and others playing there, I figured moving there now was a good option..as there are several Sanct friends I see regularly.

I am working three jobs (two part-time) and going to night school twice a week. I have a wife of 10 years and two kids under 5. I am pretty busy in RL, so my game time is valuable to me. I think I get more bang for my $15 by learning Warcraft than I was missing everyone in SWG.

The DEVs will make another SWG someday - this game will be around a long time - and maybe I'll come back and give it a go. Meantime, I am looking forward to Vanguard and playing WoW for the fun of it, because I am having fun playing with good people I have met in this guild.

I'll be on soon and see whom I can, but I plan on continuing to log in here and troll.

;)

• Executive
Shaw,

If I don't get rid of my stuff and my account closes, how will I be able to regain my stuff if I ever return to the game? Does it keep my name and acquired inventory in the game or what?

16495[/snapback]

Everything in your possession will be on your account for a very long time. Accounts never get deleted no more, at least not of my knowledge. They used to do it back in the days though. If you are away for more than six months, yes, your stuff might be deleted. I dont know. Make sure to but loooooots of maintenance in all your houses. Nashr has taken like 5/6 months of time off from the game, and his stuff didnt get deleted. hmm

I heard your character/possesions are supposed to be saved for at least 3 months after you cancell your account, yet I know of acouple people who's stuff was saved at least 6 months.

I'm sorry you are leaving but totally understand why. Hopefully I'll see you again either in WoW or another game. Take care :handshake: