Looking for some advice

Vibration

Hi everyone!

I am in a bit of a predicament. Vibration had her first run in with a BH the other day, and it was pittyful to say the least. What is important though is that I learned just how unprepared I was. I now know that I must always keep an eye on my radar, as well as enlarging it. I must use macros for my various foods and defenses. And most importantly, I must not rely on my Lightsaber.

So, this brings me to my various questions. First off, here are my current skills:

Master Brawler

Pikeman 0040

Swordsman 0030

TK 2000

Enhancer 0002

Healer 1000

Novice Powers

Defender 0020

LS 0020

As you have probably noticed, I tried to get as many of the general defense skill boxes as I could. My first question is where do you think I should go from here (as far as BH's go)? Is it more important to work on defenses and healing, or is it better to go after offensive abilities in LS? If I switch out weapons apon attack, should I use swords, pikeman, or TK? I have never really been a part of the PVP world within SWG, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I would love to hear what our own Bounty Hunters have to say, as well as any of our Jedi.

I would like to give special thanks to Astrus for giving me a great shopping list for must have foods, and also giving me a few lessons in the Sanctuary Dojo. :D

• Founder
I would like to give special thanks to Astrus for giving me a great shopping list for must have foods, and also giving me a few lessons in the Sanctuary Dojo. :D

991[/snapback]

WOOT NP!!!

As much as id like to be the one to answer this w/ the BEST OPTION possible im going to have to advise going to the official Jedi Forums and posting this question there. I MUST COMMEND YOU for not being a whiner and trying to figure this problem out the intelligent way. YOU DONT SEE that often from grinding jedi.

/salute

When you find the best plan come back and tell us about it :D

WOOT NP!!!

As much as id like to be the one to answer this w/ the BEST OPTION possible im going to have to advise going to the official Jedi Forums and posting this question there. I MUST COMMEND YOU for not being a whiner and trying to figure this problem out the intelligent way. YOU DONT SEE that often from grinding jedi.

/salute

When you find the best plan come back and tell us about it :D

992[/snapback]

Yea, I thought about posting on the Jedi Forums, but I was a little bit intimidated. It seems you get so much whining, flamming or even message hijacking that I thought I would try here first.

I will go ahead and post over there though and report back my findings. :)

Yea, I thought about posting on the Jedi Forums, but I was a little bit intimidated.  It seems you get so much whining, flamming or even message hijacking that I thought I would try here first.

I will go ahead and post over there though and report back my findings. :)

998[/snapback]

I am by no means an expert on the situation but I would do 1 of 3 things. (If you have any respecs left) If not then this is probably meaningless. But if you do then:

1. It would help to drop some of the other normal skills and go for example doctor for infusion and nice heals to keep you alive long enough to escape.

2. Put those skills into Rifleman and grab yourself a Adv. Laser Rifle and surprise the heck out of those BH.

3. Put skills into TK so you have nice defenses with the added def from improved cob. that will definitley keep you alive long enough to escape.

Like I said I am no expert on grinding Jedi but this is what I would do if I were still grinding. Hopefully this will help a bit. GOOD LUCK!

Well, I tried to post this onto the Jedi forums. For some reason it would not let me submit the post. Oh well, thanks again for the advice so far. Currently the only respec I have left is the token respec, and I would like to save that for a later date.

D'oh! Turns out my problem was FireFox...was able to post using IE though.

Well, I tried to post this onto the Jedi forums.  For some reason it would not let me submit the post.  Oh well, thanks again for the advice so far.  Currently the only respec I have left is the token respec, and I would like to save that for a later date.

1002[/snapback]

Well in that case since you have no respecs left you can always pop a house by each lair and if a BH comes just run inside. Seems like a cowardly tactic but hey!, its all about survival. Once you get a liitle higher in Lightsaber, Healing and Defender you wont need the house and you will have a great chance against those BH.

To answer a couple of your questions, I personally feel that the healing and the defenses should come first. Heal 4000 is great to stay alive and you can even get by with 3000. Defender 0040 is also nice with the improved aura. Then all you will need is atleast LS 0040 to put up a decent fight. Then LS 0044. After that its up to you depending on your template. Oh! and think about fr as well. Its always nice to be able to escape.

As for what weapon to use TK, Pike, or Sword. that all depends on stats of weapon. If im not mistaken you will have intimidate from 0040 pike and armor break from sword 0040. That will help alot when fighting. But to be honest, with the template you have at the moment I would be more concentrated on escaping. You will have plenty of time to fight when you are a finished template. Good Luck!!!

Well in that case since you have no respecs left you can always pop a house by each lair and if a BH comes just run inside. Seems like a cowardly tactic but hey!, its all about survival. Once you get a liitle higher in Lightsaber, Healing and Defender you wont need the house and you will have a great chance against those BH.

To answer a couple of your questions, I personally feel that the healing and the defenses should come first. Heal 4000 is great to stay alive and you can even get by with 3000. Defender 0040 is also nice with the improved aura. Then all you will need is atleast LS 0040 to put up a decent fight. Then LS 0044. After that its up to you depending on your template. Oh! and think about fr as well. Its always nice to be able to escape.

As for what weapon to use TK, Pike, or Sword. that all depends on stats of weapon. If im not mistaken you will have intimidate from 0040 pike and armor break from sword 0040. That will help alot when fighting. But to be honest, with the template you have at the moment I would be more concentrated on escaping. You will have plenty of time to fight when you are a finished template. Good Luck!!!

1003[/snapback]

Awesome! Thanks for the advice. I just put a house deed in my inventory :P

I grinded when there were few jedi to choose from, so i was always being targeted by NeXus. The good way i grinded was picking missions close to houses i put out in 5 or 6 different locations. Also grinding near heavy water that a bh cant db or attack you at. And if you think bh are on your tail, log off and take a 15min break or something then log back in. Most bh will pick up another mission, Nexus will for sure, they are cool about leaving you alone. Back then they were anyways. I have alot of respect for you newbie Jedi, its alot harder to grind after CU since its hard to solo anything. Hang in there, Rumors are that group hunting won't cause visibility in a later fix. :H5:

I grinded when there were few jedi to choose from, so i was always being targeted by NeXus. The good way i grinded was picking missions close to houses i put out in 5 or 6 different locations. Also grinding near heavy water that a bh cant db or attack you at. And if you think bh are on your tail, log off and take a 15min break or something then log back in. Most bh will pick up another mission, Nexus will for sure, they are cool about leaving you alone. Back then they were anyways. I have alot of respect for you newbie Jedi, its alot harder to grind after CU since its hard to solo anything. Hang in there, Rumors are that group hunting won't cause visibility in a later fix.  :H5:

1027[/snapback]

/deepbow

Buyfromme is ready to start his jedi quests...I need to think thru what kind of skills I want. Hopefully there are some good non combat jedi skills(maybe I am just missing the point of having a jedi). PvP never really did it for me and I was very bad the couple of times I tried it. Plus the idea of BH's following me around just doesn't appeal to me all that much.

• Executive
Buyfromme is ready to start his jedi quests...I need to think thru what kind of skills I want.  Hopefully there are some good non combat jedi skills(maybe I am just missing the point of having a jedi).  PvP never really did it for me and I was very bad the couple of times I tried it.  Plus the idea of BH's following me around just doesn't appeal to me all that much.

1065[/snapback]

There are crafters skills I believe..

Well after receiving some advice on the official forums, I have made my decision. Obviously the thing that I need to do first and foremost is to survive. With that in mind, I have decided to use my last respec to move away from melee and move towards ranged. Therefor, I am respecing to the following:

Marksman 4004

Rifleman 4431

I am also moving some Jedi related skills around. I will give up both of my LS skill boxes (0020) and pick up Force Ranged Defense I and Force Rejuvination II (for improved heal). As much as I hate to give up any LS skill, I must survive! I will pick these skills up again, but first I must work on my healing and defenses. This template also gives me some room to grow with my Rifleman skills, so perhaps I will go ahead and work toward master Rifleman. It would be nice to whip out a T-21 the next time I get attacked :D

Buyfromme: I would be careful going down the road to Jedi if you do not intend to be combat centered. Jedi is not for everyone, though the force sensitive quests do give you some nice crafting bonuses (so I've heard). Please take note that you don't have to go jedi to get these bonuses.