Steve Irwin - Aussie Croc Hunter Killed

Mavryk_Dark-Haven

0409_steveirwin_a.jpg

Wildlife warrior Steve Irwin was a daredevil who loved flirting with danger around deadly animals.

But after years of close shaves it was a normally harmless stingray which finally claimed his life on Monday, plunging a barb into the Crocodile Hunter's chest as he snorkelled in shallow water on the Great Barrier Reef.

The 44-year-old TV personality may have died instantly when struck by the stingray while filming a sequence for his eight-year-old daughter Bindi's new TV series, friends believe.

Full Story

It was horrible news :(

He was a bit over the top for my tastes, but he did alot for Australia and Wildlife, he will be truelly missed. My Thoughts go out to his family.

:pray:

• Executive

Steve Irwin is dead!

I was sitting in my classroom early this morning and surfin the web, waiting for the teacher, and we all noticed Irwin was dead.... omg we were sad :( :(

A great loss for the world this is.

:pray:

I used to watch most of his shows because he had so many funny sayings .. Steve Irwin and Croc Dundee are the reasons why I like Australia so much...

yeah that's SAD, SAD news :(

He did a lot of great things and brought attention to a conservation and wildlife.

At least he went doing something he belived in but I feel badly for his kids and for his wife.

The kids especially.

/moment of silent for Steve

• Executive

CNN is showing it all the time, "He is an icon of Australia. I once visited the United States, and the people did not know who the prime minister of Australia was, but they knew Steve Irwin" that says alot about Steve

Imagine how many countries have been showing his tv-programs, and all those millions of children/adults who has seen it!

clicky

Edited by Shawkorrr

• Executive

I still do not realize he is gone .. if I ever see Croc Files again I do not know if I will be able to watch it :(

I read that the second the police is done with the video of him getting killed, the producer will take it and destroy it so that none may see it. And I agree with him. Lets hope none get their hands on it and publish it on the internet.

wow ... many tributes!

• Executive
I agree with you Shaw.  Cody and I were talking about it the other day, and thought they should give the video to his wife to do as she pleases with it.  Lets show this family some respect and make sure it's not plastered all over the internet  :wrong:

15555[/snapback]

No, I do not believe it would be good for Terri to have it at all.

She would probably miss him so much and play the tape over, over, and over again .. which is not good. Sure, she could have seen it with relatives or something, and then the producer would destroy it.

:mellow: /shrug

hmm I think best to destroy it.

I mean, you don't really need to watch your loved ones being killed.

I just think that's something that people don't need to see.

They know what happened & they can have that closure but yeah I vote for a destroy the tape option also.

• Executive
hmm I think best to destroy it.

I mean, you don't really need to watch your loved ones being killed.

I just think that's something that people don't need to see.

They know what happened & they can have that closure but yeah I vote for a destroy the tape option also.

15562[/snapback]

Yes, but when you do have an important tape of what actually happened "I will only play this once", but what happens is that you think of what your husbands last thoughts were, and what he was doing the seconds before he pulled out the spike from his heart? That tape contain the last hours/minutes/seconds of her beloved husband's life, so she would have viewed it I believe, more than once.

But then again, can't this be a way to handle the situation? You see the tape and make a then destroy it. The producer should show Terri the tape, then he will destroy it. I believe she will see it before it is being destroyed... or else she will be asking for the rest of her life "what exactly happened that day?" /shrug

Funeral

Pictures from his life

Edited by Shawkorrr

• 2 weeks later...
  • Executive
Thats quite a brave tribute from an 8 year old, I'm quite surprised she was able to keep herself composed during it. I hope she becomes as involved in wildlife conservation as her father was.

15868[/snapback]

I would have been crying so bad I could not even say the first word... and just standing infront of the world like that, she is TOUGH!! :o