Queen Elizabeth II (April 21st 1926 – September 8th 2022)

Shawkorrr

My family has suffered great oppression under the British rule since as far back as any of my elders can remember and accounts of the events have been ingrained in us modern folks since we were children. We will never forget. So, I can understand why certain groups are cheering her death. There have been a lot of us who lost our lands, our languages, sometimes our lives, for the greater glory of an Empire that would never fully accept us.

But what's done can't be undone and poisoning yourself with hatred isn't going to change the past or improve the future. Romans 12:17 Repay no one evil for evil but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all.

Queen Elizabeth is one of very few public figures I have come to admire over the years.   Her overwhelming sense of purpose really resonated with me. Her grace and humor were also qualities I admired. She was strong yet feminine. Even in the middle of scandal she always kept it classy.   

Definitely RIP and thank you for giving me a role model that I wasn't expecting to have.

My heart and prayers go out to all the UK during this time. And England, you're getting a new PM and a new King at the same time. Change is hard. Have faith and hang in there. Keep calm and carry on.

• Like 2