Interdictions are actually fun

NecroFoxxo

I used to play Elite Dangerous back in the day, and I always hated interdiction, npc or otherwise. As the one interdicted, you always are disadvantaged, especially by players who usually outgun their targets thanks to the systems at play in the game (engineering). Star Citizen though,  it feels like being interdicted advantages neither side, and it actually takes effort to plan it out because the way it works is like a bandit group setting up ambushes along popular trade routes.

I've only been interdicted by NPCs but I've so far liked it better than when it happened in Elite Dangerous. Plus it gets my blood pumping to dog fight in a Cutty Red haha.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shawkorrr said:

NPCs are fun, PVP is even more fun! 😄 

PVP is fun when all sides are having fun. I won't rant much about it, but there's times when just PVE is great too, and a smart PVEer knows how to avoid PVP. Lately though, I been wanting to bounty hunt PVPers who attack the PVE minded folks, defending the fun of others sounds fun 😄

Edited by NecroFoxxo
  • Like 1

• Executive
31 minutes ago, NecroFoxxo said:

PVP is fun when all sides are having fun. I won't rant much about it, but there's times when just PVE is great too, and a smart PVEer knows how to avoid PVP. Lately though, I been wanting to bounty hunt PVPers who attack the PVE minded folks, defending the fun of others sounds fun 😄

Bounty Hunting has always been fun.

Did that a bunch back in Star Wars Galaxies! 💪

55 minutes ago, Shawkorrr said:

My Bounty Hunter 😉 In our SancTuarY City on Talus, Wanderhome.

GVjiN5Z.jpg

I read SWG, pre-cu, bounty hunting was really intricate. You had to send out drones to find your bounty, which sounds so fun! 

Also your bounty hunter looks sick haha. That mandalorian armor is sweet.

• Thanks 1

• Executive
34 minutes ago, NecroFoxxo said:

I read SWG, pre-cu, bounty hunting was really intricate. You had to send out drones to find your bounty, which sounds so fun! 

Also your bounty hunter looks sick haha. That mandalorian armor is sweet.

Yeah you would've loved that game for sure. @NecroFoxxo
You had to track down your target with probe droids that would find the planet where they were located at, literally giving the last known location of the player. When you arrived on the planet you would have to send out drones to find them on that planet.... and if the target travelled to another planet, you had to repeat everything all over again 😛