Well, it's time...

Aled

In light of the new proposed changes, I can honestly say I'm disgusted at SOE. I've played this game TWO YEARS. I've gone through the first combat upgrade, which was bad enough. I've worked my GOD DAMN *butt* OFF to get Jedi Padawan...and all for it to be thrown away. I earned it. I grinded FS 3 times over because I could never make up my mind. I've EARNED my right to be a Jedi Padawan. And now, in this audace move by SOE, they're making it so that newbies can gain Jedi on entry to the new system. They're completely changing the combat system. Not to mention the fact that they're killing off dozens of interesting, fun professions. This game, come a few weeks, will not even be based LIGHTLY on the original game engine. It won't be SWG...at least not the one I know. And with the thought of that, I don't think I can carry on playing. The devs have ruined this game, they've run it into the ground. After these changes, SWG will be a WoW clone in a Star Wars universe. Nothing more. I've WASTED over two-years of my life playing this game, all for it to be thrown away. SOE says they're appreciative of their customers, so they're giving pre-nerf2 Jedi the "Jedi Elder" status and mods. WTF? I don't want a *screw*ing title, I want to earn my god damn right to be a Dark Jedi Knight. I don't WANT to be Luke Skywalker, or Obi-Wan Kenobi, or Darth Vader. I WANT MY CHARACTER, TO BE MY CHARACTER. I WANT THE SWG THAT I LOVED TO PLAY BACK, AND I WANT THESE DEVS TO EFF OFF BACK TO EQ2.

To me, all these proposed changes are outrageous. I'll stay and try them out, see how I like them...but I honestly don't see me staying in-game for that much longer. And for that reason, my PlanetSide account is once again open. If worst comes to worst, those of you who either play or want to play planetside can find me on the Emerald server, New Conglomerate faction under the name "Aled".

My thanks go out to all of SancT, among other people. You guys have always been friendly and helpful, and have always made this game enjoyable for me. Thank you Astrus for all those groups, the 400k Jedi xp per hour, and for allowing me to go to sleep, and wake up to 4mil Jedi XP banked. It's just a shame it's all going to be for nothing...and I'm sorry I had to cancel my account in fury like this. I don't want to leave this game, but it seems SOE is forcing me to. I cannot even begin to list the people I will miss. I'll miss the community as a whole. All the PvP battles, sticking together during the xp nerf to get SOE to roll back (i wish I could say the same will happen here...but I doubt it...), the Hakan war...everything. All of it has proven to me how great a community this is, and I'm going to miss it.

Like I said, my account is open for a week or two, but after it's inactive, it's never becoming active again unless I see drastic changes in these "new concepts". As stated above, you'll be able to find me in PlanetSide if I'm not in SWG.

/salute

• Executive

Sorry to see you go, Aled :( I am not sure what the devs are up too, but I am hoping this will be one of those little bumps on the road.. a bump that eventually will pass!

Aled, I think you should stay at least for some weeks after the CU2launch, just in case it was not so bad afterall <_< you never know..

Though we should have seen this coming when they created the ToOW; they are making it into something similar to WoW. They are smart.. launching a new expansion and some weeks later they announce they are going to have another update :wrong: saletrick #1.....

Aled, if you do not return to SWG, make sure to post some posts now and then so we know how you are doing out there :)

*salute*

Sorry to see you go, Aled :( I am not sure what the devs are up too, but I am hoping this will be one of those little bumps on the road.. a bump that eventually will pass!

Aled, I think you should stay at least for some weeks after the CU2launch, just in case it was not so bad afterall <_< you never know..

Though we should have seen this coming when they created the ToOW; they are making it into something similar to WoW. They are smart.. launching a new expansion and some weeks later they announce they are going to have another update :wrong: saletrick #1.....

Aled, if you do not return to SWG, make sure to post some posts now and then so we know how you are doing out there :)

*salute*

5453[/snapback]

Like I've said in the Open Letter to SOE/LEC in the NGE Discussion forums on the official site, I'm hoping the community kicks up enough of a fuss to turn this around. But me...over the past 2 years I've kicked up a fuss when things not-so-big as this have been proposed...and it's never made any difference. I've lost the will to fight SOE...

I DO plan on sticking around to see what the new system brings to the game, if it gets implemented. But my days in this game are numbered. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to leave...like I stated above though, it's like they're forcing me to. This game is so unique in its profession structure, its economy, the ability to do almost whatever you want. With this patch, all that is changing. I don't want to see this game die...but unfortunately, for me, it's probably already dead. I don't want item decay removed, I don't want Jedi to be easy to get, I don't want NINE PROFESSIONS. I want Jedi to be difficult, I want item decay, I want 33 professions. I want MY SWG back. I want to be able to dabble in professions, to change my profession if I wish to do so. I want queued combat, not point-and-click crap. I'm absolutely fuming right now.

Like I've said, my PlanetSide account is open and will remain open as long as they're screwing the game over. If this game completely changes, I'll be closing my SWG account.

• Executive
Like I've said in the Open Letter to SOE/LEC in the NGE Discussion forums on the official site, I'm hoping the community kicks up enough of a fuss to turn this around. But me...over the past 2 years I've kicked up a fuss when things not-so-big as this have been proposed...and it's never made any difference. I've lost the will to fight SOE...

I DO plan on sticking around to see what the new system brings to the game, if it gets implemented. But my days in this game are numbered. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to leave...like I stated above though, it's like they're forcing me to. This game is so unique in its profession structure, its economy, the ability to do almost whatever you want. With this patch, all that is changing. I don't want to see this game die...but unfortunately, for me, it's probably already dead. I don't want item decay removed, I don't want Jedi to be easy to get, I don't want NINE PROFESSIONS. I want Jedi to be difficult, I want item decay, I want 33 professions. I want MY SWG back. I want to be able to dabble in professions, to change my profession if I wish to do so. I want queued combat, not point-and-click crap. I'm absolutely fuming right now.

Like I've said, my PlanetSide account is open and will remain open as long as they're screwing the game over. If this game completely changes, I'll be closing my SWG account.

5454[/snapback]

Point taken, Aled :) You must do what you feel is best fr you.. and we will pray that CU2 will be "ok".

This game, come a few weeks, will not even be based LIGHTLY on the original game engine. It won't be SWG...at least not the one I know.

5452[/snapback]

What makes this game soo good is not the gameplay, the UI, graphic, constant nerf etc etc. Its players/people you meet, interact and socialize with everytime u enter the star wars universe. Like all those members in SancT, i havent played any other online games so dont quote me, can u find a better group of people to hang out with, to chat with. Isnt that what sanct and online games are about? i mean u want to be a jedi? play an offline game like KOTOR or Battlefront II (i know theyre are online as well) but the point is u play this game (and any other MMORPG) for the social side of it (which apparently looks like u get Social XP with the upgrade :huh: )

Basically u say it wont be the same SWG as u know, but the game is made from the ppl who play it (good/bad). Not some money hungry devs :(

And now, in this audace move by SOE, they're making it so that newbies can gain Jedi on entry to the new system.

Just a clarification. Newbies can't be Jedi. They only start as Force Sensitive. They still have to grind out the profession for a while before they can be a Jedi.

With that said, a new player starting now could grind out 2 easy professions say ID and Dancing before the 15th and respec to Jedi.