Hey you Walking Dead fans ...

TerilynnS

• Founder

Darabont just fired the entire writing staff....

ALL of them.

Freelance script writer may be his saving grace - or the fatal blow...we'll see!

http://io9.com/5702995/frank-darabont-fires-the-walking-deads-entire-writing-staff

wow....this has to be one of the dumbest moves Ive ever seen from a producer. Especially since the show is getting really good reviews.

I don't know if you had time to read the article, but it basically said that he was doing it all himself anyway. He pretty much wrote the entire first few episodes and had some freelance writers do the others. So the "staff" weren't really being utilized to begin with. Could be a good cost savings. I haven't watched this yet but have my DVR set to start recording it when they run their marathon this weekend. Oh, and the article says it is just a "rumor".

io9 is one of my daily read sites as well ;)

On one hand, Darabont penned the series pilot and the second episode solo, while co-writing and rewriting the remaining four episodes of Walking Dead's first season. Two of the four episodes that Darabont didn't write were created by "non-staffers" Glen Mazzara and original comic creator Robert Kirkman.

I've gotten hooked just by watching the pilot on hulu (last week). But I'll have to wait until it hits dvd or streaming on netflix since I don't have cable/satellite.