An Interview with R.A. Salvatore

TheBahn

For me, opening a new zone, bit by bit (if it’s a good one) is the exciting part, and when a game becomes nothing more than a mechanics/puzzle exercise (read the boards before every encounter) and all improvisation is lost, then I get bored.

One of the things that irked me about EQ was the notion that you needed 40 of your best friends to get your “epic.” I was playing a monk, and isn’t the whole point, the idea of being able to achieve something personally?

The complete interview can be found here.

OMG!!! That is a player after my own heart! I have ready every one of RAS book, however, i never realized that he played MMOs. I also had my best moments in EQ and i also had a wizard. A female priest named Rheanna was hunting the Ancient Cyclops and we hunted together for two weeks.... We both got our J-boots and i have kept in contact with her and her husband for the last 12 years after the beginning of that friendship.

I realy hope RAS somehow channels his EQ experience in his new game... that was the most prolific MMO experiences.