Would you like to exchange investment idea's?

Astrus

Would you like to see and Investment Section in SancT forums??  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see and Investment Section in SancT forums??

• OMG YES!!! That would rock!
    • Nah not really...

Well, with the Iraqi Dinar (IQD) at an all-time low, once the US leaves Iraq and they begin to stabilize their economy, the value of the Dinar will soar once again, probably on par with their neighbors that also use the Dinar.

For instance (at the time of this post) 1M IQD= $865.35 USD. So for 865 US Dollars, you can get 1,000,000 Iraqi Dinars. The value of the dinar (circa 1988) ¹:

1 IQD= 3.22 USD, so 1,000,000 IQD = 3,220,000 USD!

(Thanks to Astrus for pointing this out to me a couple of months ago)

The problem I see with this is a problem I have had with friends of mine. You make one bad call on an investment and not only will you lose out your friends who took your advice could too. Many companies atm are declaring bankruptcy and liquidating all assets in their corporation which means if you own shares in those companies you are screwed!

So lets say Astrus just bought into "Company X" after I swear that it was going to at least double on its original price per share. Bam! Company X declares bankruptcy and liquidates all of their assets.

Does Astrus:

A. Post up his loss for the week and chalk it up to experience while laughing?

B. Flame my invest into "Company X" post to share how wrong my call was?

C. Track my IP and search for my address; Knock down my door; WtfPWN me

D. All of the above

I may be a little to over the top here, but this is real money we are talking about and it should only be disposable income that you invest into not your rent!!!! Oh and it should be held to a very serious manor.

yeah and then those investors dont have to work anymore after recession or depression passes, because they own so much stuff, they will never have to move their hand anymore to earn money. hes just trying to give some info about basics, and where to start learning and doing it i guess, which would be very helpful. there is so much information on the internet that it is great if Astrus compiles it to 1 small kick-start guideline.

• Founder
The problem I see with this is a problem I have had with friends of mine. You make one bad call on an investment and not only will you lose out  your friends who took your advice could too.  Many companies atm are declaring bankruptcy and liquidating all assets in their corporation which means if you own shares in those companies  you are screwed!

So lets say Astrus just bought into "Company X" after I swear that it was going to at least double on its original price per share. Bam! Company X declares bankruptcy and liquidates all of their assets.

Does Astrus:

A. Post up his loss for the week and chalk it up to experience while laughing?

B. Flame my invest into "Company X" post to share how wrong my call was?

C. Track my IP and search for my address; Knock down my door; WtfPWN me

D. All of the above

I may be a little to over the top here, but this is real money we are talking about and it should only be disposable income that you invest into not your rent!!!! Oh and it should be held to a very serious manor.

39253[/snapback]

People who love learning, love researching, don't have fragile egos, have a strong desire to create wealth outside of their 9to5 and want to get involved in trading and learn more about investing in general will love what the forum area we would make.

If you have problems w/ a fragile ego, low self esteem, laziness, hate reading, cant focus, arent patient, loathe seeing other people succeed outside of their 9to5....youll HATE IT.

I know from my own experience that criticism against your investment position is NOTHING BUT good, IF you dont have a fragile ego.

If you think that you are going to make a crap ton of money on a position and then someone comes along and gives you a bearish angle on something that you thought was 100% gold, thats good.

It challenges you to look at it differently, and if youre able to look at it differently and still see that there are more pro's than con's to your investment then it will just steel your resolve and make you more confident in the investment youve made and/or the strategy youre using.

Weak and frail ego's need not get into aggressive investing. Its better to hand off your money to a money manager if you want your money to grow, if you cannot handle criticism of your positions in the market.

If/when we make a forum here to discuss trading stocks or other forms of investment, people who dont know what the *screw* they are talking about will have a spotlight shined on them AUTOMATICALLY.

Why?

Our forum sections will have much more emphasis on investing education than most other places.

I personally want everyone in this guild to be more prosperous outside of video games....Ive said that for years. The only way you can do that is by educating yourself.

The #1 reason people fail in the stock market in because they think its SUPPOSED to be like gambling.

If you have no understanding of what macroeconomics is OF COURSE you will lose in the stock market. .....most people dont know the definition of macroeconomics lol.

But thats one of the MAIN reasons I want to get our forums started, so that we have a community of friends to talk to about this stuff, and more importantly have a place to exchange information not just about investment positions but investment STRATEGIES.

...I think it probably change the lives a quite a few people, provided they put in the time.

...and btw Durry Im pretty sure Id ask you about 20 different questions about the position youd suggest to us. Mind you I'd have already gone out and answered them myself, Id just ask you the questions to see if you know wtf you were talking about and judge your investment decision making based on how you answer them tongue.gif

People who love learning, love researching, don't have fragile egos, have a strong desire to create wealth outside of their 9to5 and want to get involved in trading and learn more about investing in general will love what the forum area we would make.

If you have problems w/ a fragile ego, low self esteem, laziness, hate reading, cant focus, arent patient, loathe seeing other people succeed outside of their 9to5....youll HATE IT.

I know from my own experience that criticism against your investment position is NOTHING BUT good, IF you dont have a fragile ego.

If you think that you are going to make a crap ton of money on a position and then someone comes along and gives you a bearish angle on something that you thought was 100% gold, thats good.

It challenges you to look at it differently, and if youre able to look at it differently and still see that there are more pro's than con's to your investment then it will just steel your resolve and make you more confident in the investment youve made and/or the strategy youre using.

Weak and frail ego's need not get into aggressive investing. Its better to hand off your money to a money manager if you want your money to grow, if you cannot handle criticism of your positions in the market.

If/when we make a forum here to discuss trading stocks or other forms of investment, people who dont know what the *screw* they are talking about will have a spotlight shined on them AUTOMATICALLY.

Why?

Our forum sections will have much more emphasis on investing education than most other places.

I personally want everyone in this guild to be more prosperous outside of video games....Ive said that for years. The only way you can do that is by educating yourself.

The #1 reason people fail in the stock market in because they think its SUPPOSED to be like gambling.

If you have no understanding of what macroeconomics is OF COURSE you will lose in the stock market. .....most people dont know the definition of macroeconomics lol.

But thats one of the MAIN reasons I want to get our forums started, so that we have a community of friends to talk to about this stuff, and more importantly have a place to exchange information not just about investment positions but investment STRATEGIES.

...I think it probably change the lives a quite a few people, provided they put in the time.

...and btw Durry Im pretty sure Id ask you about 20 different questions about the position youd suggest to us. Mind you I'd have already gone out and answered them myself, Id just ask you the questions to see if you know wtf you were talking about and judge your investment decision making based on how you answer them tongue.gif

39257[/snapback]

...../Sigh

-Edit- I just looked up macroeconomics on wikipedia and it seems closely related to microeconomics I thought it was a miss type, but I was wrong. It seems that I have been told. -Edit-

Also, the whole deal with investing is knowing how to mitigate losses, should they occur (and they will). You make a diversity of investments including a savings account for short-term liquidity, along with a mix of long term and short term investments, ranging from a house, energy investments, commodities, and bonds.

I think the whole point of this would be to have an open discussion before anyone does anything. This would be a central point a research, I would imagine.

No matter what you do, there is always risk involved and opportunity lost and gained. I'm sure this would help understand all of that.

I think this an interesting idea. Information on equity markets and stock plays (individual stocks, mutual funds, more exotic stuff) should be complemented by information on real-estate and "hard assets". Having watched the market tank like everyone else, I now more than ever appreciate not having ALL your $$ in the market. And real-estate is something you can sweat equity your way into... and slowly build a sizeable portfolio.

If the group is interested in learning this... and Astrus is right in that learning here is the goal.. I'd participate.

Klauz

• Founder
I think this an interesting idea.   Information on equity markets and stock plays (individual stocks, mutual funds, more exotic stuff) should be complemented by information on real-estate and "hard assets". Having watched the market tank like everyone else, I now more than ever appreciate not having ALL your $$ in the market.  And real-estate is something you can sweat equity your way into... and slowly build a sizeable portfolio.

If the group is interested in learning this... and Astrus is right in that learning here is the goal.. I'd participate.

Klauz

39275[/snapback]

I didnt expect ALOT of people to be onboard this thing but it looks like enough to go ahead and get this thing rolling....look for a new section in our forums in a week or 2.

...until then please post the types of forum sections youd like to see. ie. Long Term Strategy investments, Short Term Strategies, Hot Undervalued Stock Finds, etc.

long story short there are a lot of company that are being effect by the current economic issues, but are solid and well diversified and are more or less bargains right now, personally i have been throwing all my free cash in to my etrade account.

my 401'a and roths are well useless, but maybe i can pick up enough stock so that in 15 to 20 years it makes up for the loss's in my retirement funds.

• 2 weeks later...