Music Offerings

Devin

As you all know I'm ...passionate/crazy... about music. I've decided to start a thread in which I can funnel my coolest, newest music discoveries for all to enjoy. (I promise no RickRolls :P)

Most song will be on YouTube, a one-click to listen from my posts. Although on YouTube, many songs will not have a video (just a still image) or will be a homemade one, so don't worry about watching the vids.

I'll post a new song just about everyday, so check often :D

:H5: Enjoy! :H5:

, by John Digweed.

As promised yesterday, it's faster paced and more upbeat. This was one of the first song that turned me towards electronic music; I used to listen to popular, modern rock/metal...not anymore.

The musical break early in the song at 0:15 was unlike anything I'd ever heard.. sent chills down my spine the first time I heard it.

By the way, is anyone reading this thread/listening to the music? if so, lemme know what you think ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
Talk Amongst Yourselves, by Sasha.

Beautiful, yet long song.  Doesn't really distinguish itself until around 3:20.  Enjoy!

26290[/snapback]

listening to this one right now :D And I like !

Hah...theres a song by the 70s prog group jethro tull called thick as a brick that clocks in at roughly 42 minutes long. Its epic.

Try this one out

The Chemical Brothers - Saturate.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, if you could give this video a shot...they are by FAR my favorite artist like ever.

The Mars Volta - Ilyena

btw...the band is an 8 piece. Not all the people in the video are in the band, but most. The one with long curly hair is the lead singer...the guy with the fro pointing at the chalk board is the guitar player. Also they are all acting ;)

Thanks Devin! That band even inspired my toon's name randomly enough. This video wasnt made by the band, but it is the original recording of this song (the only one online I could find) It's definitely not their best song but I still love it (most don't).

The Mars Volta - Asilos Magdalena

Also interesting little tidbit, from the first video (Ilyena) Ive actually met the guy who plays the police officer after one of their shows. He's the flute/saxophone/random crap player dude :D This next video if you choose to watch it is a better indication of what they sound like.

The Mars Volta - Goliath

(note also the pause to move instruments does not actually occur in the song, and the video is a tad long, like 10 minutes...but the song 7)

Thanks Devin!  That band even inspired my toon's name randomly enough.  This video wasnt made by the band, but it is the original recording of this song (the only one online I could find)  It's definitely not their best song but I still love it (most don't).

The Mars Volta - Asilos Magdalena

Also interesting little tidbit, from the first video (Ilyena) Ive actually met the guy who plays the police officer after one of their shows.  He's the flute/saxophone/random crap player dude  :D  This next video if you choose to watch it is a better indication of what they sound like.

The Mars Volta - Goliath

(note also the pause to move instruments does not actually occur in the song, and the video is a tad long, like 10 minutes...but the song 7)

28059[/snapback]

I liked the second one not so much the first one

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
, by Signal Runners. Enjoi!

I want to know what you guys think about this one >> leave feedback !

29995[/snapback]

that's a good one. nice pick. easy to listen to.

on a semi-related note, i'm a bit of a guitar fan, so i offer the following not so much for the song, but the way the guy plays. amazing.

Andy McKee - Africa (Toto)

or

(better showcase of his unique style)

the guy's got |_33+ gitter skilz

• Founder
KSE- End of a Heartache

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tqgoVhnI2c0&feature=related

28837[/snapback]

uhh.....that song is the sh** dude.... :o

Add whoever that guy is to the list of Rock Stars who can actually sing. Not as good as Eddie Vedder, :mellow: SEATTLE REPRESENT :mellow: , but damn good.

These guys remind me of Pearl Jam sooooooo much....and thats awesome :dance: