Well? Post-CU Comments?

Syrce

I have not done anything on Wanderhome yet but I did jump on Eclipse to play with a Master CH I had from when my brother played there. I respec'd Xuaqui as a Master BH, Master Marksman with medic and pistoller skills. I have no armor and I had to buy a weapon. Here are a few brief thoughts/questions:

- Could not find any place to tell me what weapons I am certified to use.

- I was able to kill kooks and loons outside of CNET with one shot.

- With all the weapon/armor respecs done, the Bizaar may be a really good place to find some great weapons for cheap. I will have to check my vendors on Wanderhome to see what impact it had to Patches' armor

- I will probably be dropping Armorsmith on Wanderhome for Combat Medic.

What about you?

Syrce/Patches

• Executive

I've been inside and taken a little look at the CU, but erm, have not yet tried to kill stuff.. anyways.. when I logged on there was a window there where I had to choose yes, later, never.. or something like that! What to do? I took later for now.

- Shaw

• Executive
I've been inside and taken a little look at the CU, but erm, have not yet tried to kill stuff.. anyways.. when I logged on there was a window there where I had to choose yes, later, never.. or something like that! What to do? I took later for now.

- Shaw

392[/snapback]

Atm, Im very, very pissed off! Now it seems that I am no longer certified to use the Flame Thrower!!!! Im commando 4040.. if I have to become master commando again, that will make me friggin mad!! I also found out that my mauler (something) creature is now lvl 51.. so I cannot call him anylonger.. also tried to kill a kaadu with my bowcaster .. well .. I hit him once and his health was like half gone, but when he came up close to me.. the bowcaster no longer fired!! Mask scent is also f. up.. cuz when I attacked the kaadu he saw me instantly "Combat has msvnne9hg 9w3u9b39n to loose your camuflage?? BAH!

Anyways, Im lvl 57 it seems.. but what am I without flamer guys?!?

- Shaw :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

well, I'm having a hell of a good time. I won a duel. GO ME. My hunting armor I had leftover converted into some REALLY awsome black mountina. my pikes converted. I have a freaking 2.2 speed 450-1000 hit pike. I mean come on. Thats freaking rad. I beat down some kwi on dath... that was nice. Went up to space.... got a nice new cap. for my xwing. ...

oh SWG automagically gave me brawler 2handed 4. So I'm still master pikeman.

I bought an old aklay little fenser wacker stick thing for 20k turns out after the CU conversion its a 1.6 sec 100 somehting to 400 hit graffi baton. IT RULES. I'm thinking about buying the other 5. IN short. The CU makes me happy.

Lot of people I saw around CNET where complaining about not being able to wear thier armor or get XP... I have decided these people are stupid. And SWG will be a better placewithout them. Seriously, if they wont take 5 minutes to figure out essentially a ground up new game system .. then piss on them.

People should come play. I'm gunna try and hit the GEO caves. I hear the enhanced kwi guarding the place are tougher than hell though now ... so we need a plan.

and this quotefrom the patch log makes me SO HAPPY!!

"You can no longer solo a Krayt, so don't try!

When you see a RED con, it REALLY means you will not win! "

I have not done anything on Wanderhome yet but I did jump on Eclipse to play with a Master CH I had from when my brother played there.  I respec'd Xuaqui as a Master BH, Master Marksman with medic and pistoller skills.  I have no armor and I had to buy a weapon.  Here are a few brief thoughts/questions:

- Could not find any place to tell me what weapons I am certified to use.

- I was able to kill kooks and loons outside of CNET with one shot.

- With all the weapon/armor respecs done, the Bizaar may be a really good place to find some great weapons for cheap.  I will have to check my vendors on Wanderhome to see what impact it had to Patches' armor

- I will probably be dropping Armorsmith on Wanderhome for Combat Medic.

What about you?

Syrce/Patches

390[/snapback]

I was able to respec from LS 2/0/0/2 with all Novice boxes to LS 3/0/0/2 with all Novice boxes by being creative and using my 430k xp I had been building up for my next skill box.

Currently I am at level 63 and I am not getting xp for anything below level 30. Taking one more than on creature at a time at level 30 is very dangerous. Most of the skills really burn up my force powers. I am still working on figuring out how to best use the skills the way they are now.

For the rest of my template, I respec'd from Master Swordsman to Tera Kasi Master. Now I do not carry any weapons (other than a VK and Saber) and I am not certified to wear any armor.

From reading the forums, it looks like the Anti-Decay kits no longer work with sabers.

Syrce/Patches

Seriously, if they wont take 5 minutes to figure out  essentially a ground up new

394[/snapback]

I did not know the fighting system when I started SWG and I do not really know it now. I would not know the fighting system in any new game that I started if I dropped SWG. I choose to stay where I am at.

too right. If they left theyd have to learn somehting else. I LOVE THE NEW COMBAT SYSTEM... a little harder to run a single class, but not bad. Just comparatively more interesting to use more than 1 combat elite I guess is more accurate.

Seriously though. 5 minutes. you log in go, "oh crap, i cant use my armor"... click on armor to examine your armor and find out why as a convert button pop up in the radial, follow that intuitive like. first fight you wow, none of hte skils work ..... open up the abilities window... load all the buttons and test hem, read the discriptions first or whatever. thats like ... 5 minutes. SO MANY PEOPLE ARE UNWILLING TO DO THAT! Heck, they wont even ask. they just went " oh this game sucks.. wah wah wah... EQ2".

oh man!!! and an AWSOME BUG TODAY!!!! WOOKIEES ARE TINY!!!!!

I MEAN TINY!!!! me and shawk ran around jumping midgets little rascals style. It was rad.

Well I have respec'd twice now. My first was the Range template I posted here. It worked out ok. I was able to take one NPC that was my level. The problem with the template is that the Flame Thrower only has a range of 25 meters, so if I fought anything with a range attack, I was cutting it close. I got incapped constantly with anyone ranged. With Melee NPCs, of course they were toast (literally). With the ability to root them with flames was awesome. I was a little disappointed though because my Flame Thrower maxed damage ability was only about 1100. All in all, I wasn't too happy with it.

The next time I respec'd I decided to go Rifleman/Pistoleer, with a little bit of Carbineer. This template with a T-21 Rifle was much better, since I could sit at 64 meters and root them, which meant no ranged attack (unless they had a rifle) would be able to hit me. The one thing that surprised me the most was the fact that my T-21 could belt out 2000 damage, which was a heck of a lot better then the Flame Thrower.

I think the next template I may try will be some form of Combat Medic, I will have to work it out.

All in all, the CU is ok. I know a lot of my complaints about it, is that I can't go kill huurtons and quenkers for 1.5 hours and max out my XP in my weapon. But in reality, that makes this game all the more better, since I will now actually earn my Jedi (if I get there), instead of just grinding through it.

I have been working on pistols with Patches and it has been fun. Starting from level 1 is a good way to learn the new system because I do not have any expectations of being uber.

Syrce/Patches

Just looked at:

Master Rifleman

Master Combat Medic

0001 Pistoleer (stopping shot)

I like this template a lot. I can really mess some things up. And for the first time, I was able to take out a complete lair without getting incapacitated. I did a Quenker Lair, and they spawned at level 81 (me being a level 80). They conned yellow, so I was a little hesitant at first. But after finding out that Paralyse (Combat Medic Skill) does the same as root, I was pretty happy. I can paralyse a lot faster then I could do a stopping shot from my rifle. I had to be within a certain range, but it didn't seem to affect me too much, since I would just run out several meters once the paralyse would take affect. I could get three head shots with my rifle before the paralyse would wear off, which made me pretty happy. I was able to kill the lair only getting hit about 6 times by a quenker. And since I could heal myself, it wasn't too much of a worry.

I definately recommend Rifleman, its a really good Combat Profession, and I think with the Combat Medic's ability to paralyse, disease, poison, slow down attacks, lower state resist, and set the opponent on fire, makes them perfect for a support role in combat. Especially with Rifleman, and grouped with a Melee Player.

Now saying all of this, I am going to be dropping my Pistoleer to pick up some Doctor. New Template

Master Rifleman

4004 Marksman

Master Combat Medic

4000 Doctor

4441 Medic

I think this will work (since Kodian's CU Calc is wrong for Combat Medic), which will allow me to do all of the above, but also heal my own wounds, and heal damage a lot faster then with my Combat Medic skills.