The Numbers are in: Tax Cuts don't work.

Astrus

• Founder

The Atlantic was the first to break the story.

While it biasly highlights the failure of pretty much 85% of the Bush administrations economic failures, while throwing in some partisan punches.

user posted image

They are essentially tallying up how the economic plans of the Bush vs Clinton Adminstrations using this information that was released recently from the Census Bureau.

What does this mean to us out here trying to make money investing?

It means that, if we hear the current or future president touting that "Tax Cuts (which only really benefit the wealthiest in our country which equated to 8% at that time)" can take care of most of our economic problems, we need to buy gold and increase our cash and make moves to protect it....

...because said president doesnt know WTF he/she is doing w/ our economy, and is destined to repeat the mistakes of the past.

The Atlantic was the first to break the story.

While it biasly highlights the failure of pretty much 85% of the Bush administrations economic failures, while throwing in some partisan punches.

user posted image

They are essentially tallying up how the economic plans of the Bush vs Clinton Adminstrations using this information that was released recently from the Census Bureau.

What does this mean to us out here trying to make money investing?

It means that, if we hear the current or future president touting that "Tax Cuts (which only really benefit the wealthiest in our country which equated to 8% at that time)" can take care of most of our economic problems, we need to buy gold and increase our cash and make moves to protect it....

...because said president doesnt know WTF he/she is doing w/ our economy, and is destined to repeat the mistakes of the past.

41010[/snapback]

Now I understand why you suggested investors should buy gold. My question is do you support going back to the gold monetary system? While buying gold is great also expensive; why does gold fluctuate upwards in these times if our monetary system isn't backed by gold?

• Founder
Now I understand why you suggested investors should buy gold. My question is do you support going back to the gold monetary system? While buying gold is great also expensive; why does gold fluctuate upwards in these times if our monetary system isn't backed by gold?

41057[/snapback]

Here is not only a history of the Gold Standard from one of the best places online to get any and all Economic history, but if you go down to "Performance of the Gold Standard" youll see exactly why the Gold standard isnt used in our current system and I agree with it.

Gold prices rise, when the value of the dollar goes down, but that can be said about most commodities.

...you're welcome.