Yva Xorna

I read this article on MSN about some of the apparent biases that are behind AI and algorithms. I have  known that facial recognition software has had a history of limited color pallet it can manage but not sure about some of the other points.  Which reminds me, where’s my female avatar  CIG?!?! 

Edited by Yva Xorna

"It seems like you would lead with that" (referring to number of people Stalin as killed).  Great video ?

I don't get why anybody would have an Alexa. There's just too many digital assistance giving bad advice (I'm looking at YOU Cortana) these days.

AI is a very scary concept because of how easily it is altered. 
For example,  they altered IBM Watson and microsoft AI "Tay" after it learned to swear. (well technically Microsoft AI "Tay" after it learns how to use vulgar language or reactions in the same way people speak on Twitter. Which isn't all that nice.)
Or how google lied about it's translating AI/Matrix. 

That is the scary part about it, you don't know what the creators did to the construction itself. AI on it's own, if unbiased, wouldn't be THAT bad.
It is the ones altering it. Because a basic face recognition AI could have a bias, possibly, due to the internet culture, but it should be able to read everything just fine based on it's database size. They technically only read common patterns after all.

• Like 2

• Executive
4 hours ago, staho epoch said:

AI has scared me since 2001 when I first got wind of it. The idea of an intelligent machine that could become conscious is something I've thought about far too much.

@staho epoch !!!!!!!!

:01sCTL5r2:

Edited by Shawkorrr
  • Like 1