Thank you :)

PLZAX

Just popping to maybe help you guys while considering applying for membership.

I joined SoW just about 3 months ago, not really sure of what to expect...

For the first month or so, I was pretty active with the org, chatting with the members on voice comms, getting to know the people behind the avatars. It was fun, people are friendly and patient with non-native english speakers (Im from Slovakia). I was also training in the PU and AC daily, and with some recommendations and/or guidance I have seen considerable improvements in my performance, so all good on that front.

About month and a half in, things changed drastically in my workplace. I had to take up on new responsibilities, learn a ton of new stuff, so I put Star Citizen on a backburner for a time. Of course, I kinda forgot about the org for a while, didn't check in or appear on the comms.

A few weeks back, It occured to me that it might be a good idea to have a peek on the org website. I was actually expecting to have been kicked out for inactivity - like I am used to in these kinds of situations.

Instead, I have found a PM from the guy that recruited me, politely asking what was going on, and If I am all right, actually showing genuine concern.
During a short chat, I explained the work situation, and they assured me that everything was OK, and told me that I shouldn't worry.
Since then I have been trying to at least show up from time to time, or give a shout out when I come from work whenever I can.

Now I am not about to say that this is something special or even totatlly uncommon (it was a first time for me tho, especially in a HardCore org), but I just wanted to let you guys know, that SoW is THAT kind of organization. The social aspect is as important as in game performance and skill here, and I really hope that you guys can experience this awesome environment yourselves.

Regards and fly safe, see you in the verse o7
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Astrus featured this topic
  • Executive

On 6/18/2018 at 8:07 PM, PLZAX said:
Just popping to maybe help you guys while considering applying for membership.

I joined SoW just about 3 months ago, not really sure of what to expect...

For the first month or so, I was pretty active with the org, chatting with the members on voice comms, getting to know the people behind the avatars. It was fun, people are friendly and patient with non-native english speakers (Im from Slovakia). I was also training in the PU and AC daily, and with some recommendations and/or guidance I have seen considerable improvements in my performance, so all good on that front.

About month and a half in, things changed drastically in my workplace. I had to take up on new responsibilities, learn a ton of new stuff, so I put Star Citizen on a backburner for a time. Of course, I kinda forgot about the org for a while, didn't check in or appear on the comms.

A few weeks back, It occured to me that it might be a good idea to have a peek on the org website. I was actually expecting to have been kicked out for inactivity - like I am used to in these kinds of situations.

Instead, I have found a PM from the guy that recruited me, politely asking what was going on, and If I am all right, actually showing genuine concern.
During a short chat, I explained the work situation, and they assured me that everything was OK, and told me that I shouldn't worry.
Since then I have been trying to at least show up from time to time, or give a shout out when I come from work whenever I can.

Now I am not about to say that this is something special or even totatlly uncommon (it was a first time for me tho, especially in a HardCore org), but I just wanted to let you guys know, that SoW is THAT kind of organization. The social aspect is as important as in game performance and skill here, and I really hope that you guys can experience this awesome environment yourselves.

Regards and fly safe, see you in the verse o7

We appreciate having you here with us@PLZAX!
Thank you for this awesome post, it means a lot to us getting feedback like this from our members :1_grinning:

o7

Edited by Shawkorrr
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Executive
2 hours ago, PLZAX said:

Yeah guys and gals, just wanted do pop in again and say hi.

I know I haven't been active for a while now (basically since making this thread), but I just wanted to let you know that I have not (completely) forgotten about the Sanctuary ?

See you around the comms

o7

Heyo @PLZAX?