Hawaii might ban loot boxes

Yva Xorna

1 hour ago, Kakon said:

I have an issue with in game loot boxes. More so when the company purposefully aims to manipulate the gambler mentality in younger audience. Get rid of all loot boxes i say!

I agree there shouldn't be a need for loot boxes in games. It can also give an advantage to people who are less dedicated and just throw money at the game. Essentially it creates a pay-to-win strategy to the game. 

Yes I think loot boxes are dumb also but that's not the point. The point is I don't need the government telling me how to play. I am no stranger to buying cosmetic enhanced mounts or weapons but that stuff isn't necessary. It would be a better game always if it wasn't pay-to-play. However I really want the community and the publisher to come to that decision- not some $100k a year Senator living in DC that claims to represent me. I don't live in Hawaii but you just know the California Legislature is following this and coming up with a similar plan for here.

Edited by Yva Xorna