Google IT Support Professional Certificate

Yva Xorna

I see Google have started offering classes in IT for anybody who is interested. For $49/month go at your own pace get certified as a IT Support Professional and they claim to help with the job search afterwards. "If you dedicate 8-10 hours a week to the courses, you can complete the certificate in about eight months. " That would be a total cost of just under $400. 

By comparison,  the community college I attend is $46/unit x 35 units which is $1610 plus whatever the books come out to and will take about 2 years.

The difference would be if you wanted something that was academically accredited and/or could be used to transfer to another school, then the community college would be the best option. 

• Like 1

• Executive
11 hours ago, Yva Xorna said:

I see Google have started offering classes in IT for anybody who is interested. For $49/month go at your own pace get certified as a IT Support Professional and they claim to help with the job search afterwards. "If you dedicate 8-10 hours a week to the courses, you can complete the certificate in about eight months. " That would be a total cost of just under $400. 

By comparison,  the community college I attend is $46/unit x 35 units which is $1610 plus whatever the books come out to and will take about 2 years.

The difference would be if you wanted something that was academically accredited and/or could be used to transfer to another school, then the community college would be the best option. 

So basically Google has started it's own school? Hmm. Yeah, they are sooooo trying to take over the world.