ATV: The Physics of Atmospheric Flight

Astrus

Video  

• Executive
On 17/12/2017 at 6:04 AM, RediJedi said:

Pretty excited for the atmospheric flight! I wonder how many race tracks will be in atmosphere and out of atmosphere and if the leaderboards will differ much from one to the other.

:35_thinking: @RediJedi thaaaaat is a legit question I wonder about as well hehe.

Edited by Shawkorrr

It should differ ship to ship. some would clearly produce more lift through it's aerodynamics and should offer better stability in atmosphere and free up thruster power  for more speed and maneuvering. I also wonder if they're going to have ailerons, elevators and rudders (wing & tail flaps) on the ships.  I'm sure it would take lots of work to make it relatively accurate but I think it would be worth.

• Executive
24 minutes ago, RediJedi said:

It should differ ship to ship. some would clearly produce more lift through it's aerodynamics and should offer better stability in atmosphere and free up thruster power  for more speed and maneuvering. I also wonder if they're going to have ailerons, elevators and rudders (wing & tail flaps) on the ships.  I'm sure it would take lots of work to make it relatively accurate but I think it would be worth.

Ships like the Sabre seam to be designed with Rudders in mind. I am very interesting to see how the bike races will work and if they will be 'grounded' and unable to lift very high in gravity based races. 

JLmtNu5.jpg

Edited by Kakon
  • Like 1