-=I joined Sanctuary of Wanderhome=-

Shawkorrr

• Executive

NEW TO THE ORGANIZATION? IF YOU HAVE NOT YET BEEN THROUGH THE MEMBERSHIP FAST-TRACK, PLEASE DO SO RIGHT NOW BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW: 

Friday 18th March 2005 08:05:35 Norwegian Time.

So many amazings things have happened to me since I joined S.o.W all those years ago!

If I am not mistaken by my screenshots (which are gone now 😞 ), it was Master Veto Rye who accepted me into the guild. Trust me, I spend probably about 3 months+ asking Astrus if I could join "SancT" (our tag back then) if they started recruiting again.. and when they accepted Sidiouse Ness they accepted me as well.

I pretty soon started recruiting for the guild and Veto and Astrus soon figured out that "newbie Shaw" was skilled at recruiting many good players to the guild.. "Astrus bro, I got a new member you have to accept". Mass recruiting was not something they had in mind, but since I did my job so well, I guess they just saw my potential and just went along with it.

A rule we had was that we had to be loyal to the <SancT> guild, which I have been for well over a decade now! I do not regret a single moment that I joined this marvelous organization.

The guild grew to be the best guild on Wanderhome, even though we were not the biggest when it came to player numbers; a classic case of quality over quantity.

Stuff have changed in the guild throughout the years and we are now called an organization. We got a brand new forum and web-site (thanks to Astrus' hard dedication), good loyal friends, and we are hands down among the best players in Star Citizen.

I would personally thank Astrus & Veto for letting me into this organization all those years ago, and showing me how to have fun while kicking arse in the all the games we've played together *kowtow* 

Long live Sanctuary of Wanderhome!

kszNf5T.png

Edited by Shawkorrr
  • Like 3

Updated post: I first joined SoW in June of 2005. At the time, we were all playing Star Wars Galaxies on the Wanderhome server. I had a difficult time finding the right group to play with, as there were a lot of haters and griefers in that game.  I got tired of being around all the negativity so I went unguilded and didn’t really play with other people. I got a recruitment tell from Shaw but was leery and spent a few days observing the guild before actually getting involved. They seemed like a fun group and far more mature than the group I had just left. I ended up playing with them for years, proudly serving side by side in various battles. Unfortunately we split ways when the game ended and they went on to play World of Warcraft, a game I had no interest in at that time. I tried playing with some other people I knew in a dozen or so other games but the support and camaraderie just was not there. I actually took a hiatus from gaming for several years and moved around the county for work. Occasionally I got a Tweet or email from one of the guys but we lost touch for a couple of years. Then in 2016, I got an email from Shaw and he was talking about this new space game they were now playing. I remembered how much fun I had with them and how much I like them as people. I stopped by the RSI website & SoW forum to check it out in October of 2016 and haven't been able to put Star Citizen down since. It is great to be back with fun people I care about and know I can trust and learn from.

• Like 1

I first joined Sanctuary of Wanderhome on August 19th 2007 from a recruitment message Shawkorrr posted in a general area chat a few days earlier. I had been playing World of Warcraft pretty casually, as I was still in High School, but upon graduating I had more time to play and wanted to get serious about raiding and see end game content. Initially I was going to join Sanctuary to get experience in raiding and perhaps some gear, then apply for a higher tier guild and so on till I made it to the #1 guild. That is how I thought you played the game at that time, as when I joined Sanctuary I just came back from a break of not playing WoW due to some rather bad experiences of running with high ranked guilds alternate characters through the first raid available and them openly passing me over for gear I needed to be able to have the stats to join a raiding guild for their 4th set of gear on that character that they wanted to try out. So with that plan I did all the research I could on my class and went into raids with Sanctuary and did quite well. So rather than belittle me they asked how I was able to do so much damage with hardly any "good gear" and in turn they shared their strategies with me. Somethign that is very rare in the gaming community as everyone wants to be the best and not have anyone challenge that. Sanctuary's attitude of free sharing information to make everyone better so as to make the guild better was very inciting to me. So even as I got more and more gear I never got the urge to leave. That combined with the leaders also helping with real life advice ie: jobs, education, financing, made it all the more easier to make the choice to stay.

I went with Sanctuary to Star Trek Online when we made the decision to switch games, though the game really was not my style and I started going to welding school I decided not to play the game. Though I did not quit the guild, I still came into vent whenever I could and never felt like an outsider for not playing.

When Sanctuary made the move again to rift, a game more to my liking, I once again started playing with them and with the game being so new we quickly became one of the top raiding guilds. Though there was only one raid at the time we were still progressing through it quite nicely. Until ultimately the guild came to an end while in rift which was a sad day for us all, and looking back I wish I had did more to keep it going. But alas these are the things that happen sometimes.

After a few years I get a message from Astrus that they are revamping the guild into a not yet launched game Star Citizen. Though I never in my life thought I would play a space simulator, I was eager to play with the guild again so I rushed to the opportunity and built a brand new state of the art computer just to handle the game smoothly and play with Sanctuary of Wanderhome once again!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Executive

I was invited to Sanctuary of Wanderhome back in December 19th, 2006 in Westfall of World of Warcraft. I had previously rejected most of the guild invites but that one time I thought why not and boy am i happy today that I didn't hit decline. I was young, I had never been part of an online community but now my goals were intertwined with friends who over the years would come to help shape my sense of humor and the way I approach all challenges. Back in the Warcraft days I considered myself a novice, which lead to me being anxious about hanging out with the experienced folks when I was asked to help fill a slot for a guild raid. I did the best I could and asked a lot of questions. Over the next few years I went from a snobby kid to that kid you go to for anything you need. The core of SoW's administration rewarded all my effort and gave me room to grow until I was leading the expeditions into the tombs of horrors and terrible beasties. I would end up being surrounded by intelligent people who cared for me. It didn't matter where we went just as long as we all played together and in the end of the Warcraft Days I was so hyped to join my friends in the new Adventure of Star Trek online. Our group of intelligent people who wanted to put in the effort dominated the game. We produced content both silly and helpful for the community. 

I was going through some emotionally draining times when I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I burned the bridges of my best friends, people who cared for me, because I was weak. I spent years regretting that choice. One day it came down to "I can never make it up to them, but i'd like to see the old stomping grounds again" and I rejoined the games that had my old friends in it. We created again, made wonderful things that can compete with the top. I will keep putting effort into SoW because i care about this community and the people in it. 

Joining Sanctuary of Wanderhome was the best thing that ever happened to me. It taught me, it keeps teaching me, and it'll only get better!

• Like 1

I joined Sanctuary of Wanderhome back in October of 2007. I dont remember exactly how I found out about the organization, but im glad I did. I am going to just give the credit to Shawkorrr, because given the odds it was most likely him. Back then we were still playing World of Warcraft. I was still in high school and didnt know much about online gaming as a whole. SancT compared to many of other online gaming communities is unique, because the advancements that you make are not only limited to what happens in game. People praise real life advancement at just as high or even higher level than what happens in game. Much of what I have learned the last 10 years playing games can be applied to my situation in life. I have been able to build off the teachings and mindsets that are promoted here.

We have played many games together now spanning from World of Warcraft to STO, and now Star Citizen. Hopefully we are able to build off the progress and mistakes of the previous games to make the atmosphere here even better in Star Citizen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I joined S.O.W November, 16th, 2017, I already see the value and advantages of this organization, the executives and chairmen are extremely helpful and easy to talk to.

I have relatively limited experience with MMO games and being in a guild/organization. my past experiences with a guild in SWTOR put me off from guilds making me feel like guilds are for high ranking members to lord over their underlings and not focus on helping each other achieve game goals and gain experience and loot so I just started playing with whatever group was playing the areas I was in.

I'm looking forward to playing this amazing looking game with this extremely experience and organized group. I've already improved with the help a criticism from our executives.

I am an oldshool wing commander/ privateer fan and I've been hoping/waiting for some thing similar with new game mechanics and I now it's happening. I have never taken an MMO a seriously as I am with Star Citizen.

My first game completed on PC when I was about 12-15 yrs old:

250px-Wc3boxart.jpg

Edited by RediJedi
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I joined SoW so long ago that Myspace was a thing still... no really, the info for my myspace account for contact info is still there. We were in WoW still and I had just left my old guild because they didn't let people keep vendor trash since 'it was for the tanks repairs'. The main condition was I get to keep my vendor trash. It turns out SoW was a good fit because I was a farmer, I farmed and kept everything, I rarely sold stuff on the Auction House. Sooooo my banks would get full and what better place to give stuff away than to people you know, and so the great Netherweave Fiasco was born, using my ultra super powers(too much free time)... it could continue but just ask Astrus about it if you're curious.

So far I've transferred with the guild to the other games we've called home and its worked out phenomenally. If anyone you know is looking for a good group of friends and a well structured community send them this way, you and they won't go wrong.

I love this guild because we're farmers who are always looking to have excitement brought to our doorstep. That gives us reasons for further fun like Call to Arms. Nothing is better than to be derping along to get attacked and then slaughter the attacker, their friends, their guildies, and anyone else unlucky enough to get in the way accross game continents or galaxies to prove the point of just leaving us alone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hello 

My name is Raphael but people also call me HD i am 18 years old and i am from Austria.

I am very new Star Citizen and i have never been in a dog fight but i am a filled with determination.

I am a Chemestry student so you will not see me on Mondys and hardly on Tuesdays because lab is tough and i am exhausted afterwards.

I hope i can fit in with you guys and girls and have some fun.

who ever finds a spelling mistake can keep it.

Edited by HDSpiele
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My name is Andrew and I am from Slovakia (EU)

I joined SoW just a few weeks ago and to me, the people in here are have been just wonderful so far.

I do work at a company that deals with CCTV, Security systems and Smart home applications, so my work schedule can get pretty uneven sometimes, but try to balance my time between work, family life and personal time as well as I am able to.

I am fairly new to the game, but within these few weeks my performance in the game has improved noticeably with no small thanks to the people willing to give advice on mumble or help out a bit in-game, as well as thanks to the overall atmosphere within the ORG.

If any new members ever read this, don't be shy and come join us on the comms - you wont regret it ;)

Overall, I give this ORG my personal stamp of approval

Edited by PLZAX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey y’all my names Derrick and I joined SoW just this week. I had receive a org invite on the RSI org page and decided to do a bit of checking y’all out. After watching some of the videos and seeing what the community was about I decided it would be a great fit. So I sent my cousin SoW’s information and got him excited to want to join. Upon going through the process and joining mumble was met with a warm welcome as well as some great advice and information. I look forward to flying with you all as well as learning to pilot better as I’ve only recently join SC as well.

• Like 2

• Executive
17 minutes ago, soldierkt said:

Hey y’all my names Derrick and I joined SoW just this week. I had receive a org invite on the RSI org page and decided to do a bit of checking y’all out. After watching some of the videos and seeing what the community was about I decided it would be a great fit. So I sent my cousin SoW’s information and got him excited to want to join. Upon going through the process and joining mumble was met with a warm welcome as well as some great advice and information. I look forward to flying with you all as well as learning to pilot better as I’ve only recently join SC as well.

Welcome welcome to the crew! Was nice talking to you yesterday @soldierkt:1_grinning:

On 5/8/2018 at 7:26 AM, soldierkt said:

Welcome to the organization! Let's play some SC!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Im from Switzerland, and i dont have any Clue about the Game.........

And i Speak Really Good Bad Englisch<3

I have 2 Questions.....its there Any Famliie Invite?

And Whats your Conditions?

If You have any Future Question Just Ask me......

Rip NostaleXD

MFG Para

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

My name is Donny, age 20, also known as Extona as my online handle in current communities I participate in.
I only very recently started playing Star Citizen and was invited to this community by Kakon (To my surprise because, I never expected to be invited to an organization in the first few days I started).

So, today I decided to check up on it, accepted the invite once I noticed it, and decided to join once I had the time.

My main languages are English and Dutch, I can fly quite okay for a new player, and I am looking forward to see how the community and progress unfolds in the future.

(Also I am a fan of Star Trek :v)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Extona said:

Hi there,

My name is Donny, age 20, also known as Extona as my online handle in current communities I participate in.
I only very recently started playing Star Citizen and was invited to this community by Kakon (To my surprise because, I never expected to be invited to an organization in the first few days I started).

So, today I decided to check up on it, accepted the invite once I noticed it, and decided to join once I had the time.

My main languages are English and Dutch, I can fly quite okay for a new player, and I am looking forward to see how the community and progress unfolds in the future.

Welcome Extona,

I just joined a few days ago, and I'm also from The Netherlands!

• Like 2

• Executive
6 hours ago, Extona said:

Hi there,

Welcome to Sanctuary of Wanderhome @Extona glad to have you onboard this awesomeness!

:1aNM2p:

On 6/9/2018 at 7:27 PM, Extona said:

Hi there,

Welcome!

So what series of Star Trek do you like the most?  Have you watched much of the new one?

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 4:20 PM, -=Para=- said:

Hello

Im from Switzerland, and i dont have any Clue about the Game.........

And i Speak Really Good Bad Englisch<3

I have 2 Questions.....its there Any Famliie Invite?

And Whats your Conditions?

If You have any Future Question Just Ask me......

Rip NostaleXD

MFG Para

Welcome Para!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...