VOICE COMMS Server Info: Mumble Server

Astrus

• Founder

(Click the following link to find out why we do not use Discord Communication App.)

Mumble Server

Address: sanctuaryofwanderhome.cheapmumble.com

Port: 2222

Password: wanderhomies

mumblelogin2.PNG

CLICK HERE for Client Download and usage information.

CLICK HERE for Android client on Google Play.

CLICK HERE for info on how to set up mumble.

CLICK HERE to learn to set up Game Overlay on Mumble [Be sure to run Mumble in Administrator Mode].

• Be sure to add the Launcher to the "Allowed launchers" area (2) AND the "StarCitizen.exe" to the "Allowed programs" area (1).
  • Mumble Overlay Settings Example:

Add Mumble overlay.PNG

Though everyone doesn't store their Star Citizen install on the C drive, here is where you can probably find the .exe's that should be added:

• (1) C\Program Files\Roberts Space industries\StarCitizen\Live\Bin64\StarCitizen.exe
  • (2) C\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\RSI Launcher\RSI launcher.exe

NOTE: If you're having trouble using the in-game overlay use the "Development Snapshot", and run Mumble in administrator mode, as that seems to help.
Mumble Guidelines (These guidelines are to be used in conjunction with our official org guidelines.)

1. Though we want this to be a place where people can freely say what they want, we don't want this place to become a hole for flame fests. Please handle your personal arguments outside of populated channels or take the argument entirely from the server.
  2. Keep it clean. Most of us are adults and can handle most forms of subject matter, but try and be respectful to those of us who get grossed out by 1000 fart jokes.
  3. You must be 18 years of age or older to hang out in the comms server. You may be in Mumble for an event if you are underage, if you are in a channel that is actively in a group with other members working to attain an in game goal or PVP'ing in a group or running and instance.
  4. Racist, sexist, and culturally prejudiced comments are obviously not allowed.
  5. During organization events ie: organization battles and call to arms, Mumble is to be kept clear of talking except for the leaders and anyone directly asking a question or giving status reports. This prevents channel clutter in an environment where concise communication is needed. This will help prevent confusion during the event; and will ensure that all commands  and pertinent information are being heard clearly.
  6. Due to guideline #5 we do not allow any of the users on the S.o.W. forums or Voice Comms to advertise other organizations. Moderators are free to delete any posts/topics that contains such advertisement. Spreading other organization’s advertisement/propaganda/event information on our forums or voice comms can result in a ban without notice.
  • Like 3

Mumble Server

Address: sanctuaryofwanderhome.cheapmumble.com

Port: 2222

Password: wanderhomies

CLICK HERE for Client Download and usage information.

CLICK HERE for Android client on Google Play.

I've you have tried all the settings in Mumble but are still stupid-loud (or soft), you may want to take a look at "Manage Audio Devices" in Windows.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Executive

@RediJedi

1. Open Mumble software.
  2. Upper left corner select "Server".
  3. Click "Connect".
  4. Select "Add New".
    1. Label: Sanctuary of Wanderhome
    2. Addresssanctuaryofwanderhome.cheapmumble.com
    3. Port: 2222
    4. Password: wanderhomies
  5. Press "Ok".
Edited by Shawkorrr
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

For the overlay Instructions. The file names should also be listed since it is cut off in the screenshot.

For example:

#1 C\Program Files\Roberts Space industries\StarCitizen\Live\Bin64\StarCitizen.exe

#2 C\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\RSI Launcher\RSI launcher.exe

• Thanks 2

Hey guys I just joined lastnight! Im super excited to be apart of such an awesome organization. I have mumble downloaded and the server set up but when I try to join it keeps timing out and reconnecting. Alittle help.

• Like 1

• Executive
49 minutes ago, krewkid12 said:

Hey guys I just joined lastnight! Im super excited to be apart of such an awesome organization. I have mumble downloaded and the server set up but when I try to join it keeps timing out and reconnecting. Alittle help.

Hmm, that is weird. I just sent you a private message @krewkid12
We are currently sitting in mumble and it is stable.

Edited by Shawkorrr

• 3 weeks later...
  • Executive
31 minutes ago, JoePancakes said:

hi guys, i just joined and im trying to connect on android and its saying "connection refused an error occurred when communicating with the host" any ideas?

@JoePancakes 

Is your internet connection stable on your android?
What software for Mumble are you using?
Are you using any VPN softwares that might block access?