This is why America is broken

Kobald

And you read half the comments about it below her name and they all want her to die because of her opinion. People who believe this woman should die simply because she stands by her values, are the real issue. She never said she would kill, all she said is she wasn't going to vote for Obama. And there are a large number of people who think she should die.

And the worse part about it is, there are people also posting that she is narrow minded and stupid, yet they themselves are disregarding her and labeling her stupid because has a different opinion. Is that any better? No it is not. They don't understand her angle and because it's different from theirs, they call her dumb and condemn her, and even go so far as saying she should die.

I pray and thank God for the ability to still put my pants on in the morning, among other things, Jasko.

I pray and thank God for the ability to still put my pants on in the morning, among other things, Jasko.

37602[/snapback]

And well you should, Yuri.

I don't think she is narrow minded and I have no problems with her religions views, I have no problem with her believing that God will take care of her family. That's all well and good. I share many of her views there.

Perhaps I was too quick to jump down her throat, but the clip does seem to indicate that she has some sort of a problem with Muslims, almost as if she equates ALL Muslims with radical Islam. Whether or not that was her intention is not for me or anyone else to judge. It scares me though, because that is the type of attitude that leads to bad things and bad feelings. I've known many great Muslim people in my day. My father, an elder in our church, had a Muslim for a best friend. They served in Vietnam together and my father (were he still with us) would take a bullet for him.

A Christian should never come off as holier than thou. In this case, be it due to lousy editing or being true to life, she came off as thinking she was better than everyone else because of her beliefs. That is what led to my comment about the pants. As if she would go out in the morning and ask a neighbor "Did you pray and ask our Lord if you should put your pants on before putting those pants on, because I did, and He told me I should today".

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." - Matt 7:3-5

Whether or not a man with an atheistic mother and Muslim father is fit to run the country is for all voters to decide. However, I will not condemn a man who may not share my beliefs. Obama and his wife claim to be Christians, and only God for sure knows their hearts. If she really wanted to make an impression, she should have said that while she would not vote for Barack, that she would most assuredly pray for him as well as her husband.

Not sure if I made a lot of sense, I'm about to hit the sack.

• Founder
I suppose she prayers whether or not to put her pants on in the morning.  She is the kind of person that gives Christians a bad name

37598[/snapback]

1st of all...America is not broken. This country is STILL the standard for all countries. We are in a fix atm but we will get through and prove that a democratic system of government is the best system.

2nd...that lady is wierd, and does not represent the majority of Americans or Christians for that matter. Shes an embarassment to Christians to be honest. Some of us actually think outside of a pastors sermons and watch the news and do thorough research when it comes to making decisions, political or otherwise.

Im Christian, but Im not a "Jesus take the wheel" Christian like this lady here.....

I think if God wanted us to be mindless worship zombies we would be mindless worship zombies. I firmly believe he gave us our own ingenuity and our own cognitive skills so that we can do things like make medicines, create new technologies and choose the way of life we'd like to live.

...anyway the point is you can still be a christian and vote Obama. I cringe when I hear Obama talk about his pro-choice views, but I look at the bigger picture. Our economy can result in our entire country crumbling w/ our current war situation, and I dont believe Mccain or Palin have the smarts to think our way out of this crisis.

1st of all...America is not broken. This country is STILL the standard for all countries. We are in a fix atm but we will get through and prove that a democratic system of government is the best system.

2nd...that lady is wierd, and does not represent the majority of Americans or Christians for that matter. Shes an embarassment to Christians to be honest. Some of us actually think outside of a pastors sermons and watch the news and do thorough research when it comes to making decisions, political or otherwise.

Im Christian, but Im not a "Jesus take the wheel" Christian like this lady here.....

I think if God wanted us to be mindless worship zombies we would be mindless worship zombies. I firmly believe he gave us our own ingenuity and our own cognitive skills so that we can do things like make medicines, create new technologies and choose the way of life we'd like to live.

...anyway the point is you can still be a christian and vote Obama. I cringe when I hear Obama talk about his pro-choice views, but I look at the bigger picture. Our economy can result in our entire country crumbling w/ our current war situation, and I dont believe Mccain or Palin have the smarts to think our way out of this crisis.

37606[/snapback]

QFE

• Founder
And the worse part about it is, there are people also posting that she is narrow minded and stupid, yet they themselves are disregarding her and labeling her stupid because has a different opinion.

37602[/snapback]

Dude shes extremely narrow minded, but please understand I AM IN NO WAY trying to defend dumby youtube commentators lol, but they did have a point in calling her linear.

Shes voting for religious purposes only and believes everyone should vote based of religious beliefs...shes says it right at the beginning.

If I were her (and I knew wtf I was talking about) Id be depressed, because if she knew anything about these 2 shed know that Mccain CHEATED on his wife and then married his mistress Cindy. Mccain swears all the damn time and even said "Horse*crap*" several times at the 2nd presidential debate. Obama used to be an atheist and his mother was an atheist also lol.

Huckabee was the closest person you had this year to being a "Christian" candidate and he joked about Obama getting shot at a NRA get together...

loooool ...its rough out there this election if youre looking for a "faith" candidate.

If she was a faithful as she claimed, than she should know God will take care of her family regardless of who is elected. She comes off as thinking that if Obama were elected (and I hate the way she inflects the name OBAMA) that God would no longer be able to provide for her.

God's gonna make it do what it do, regardless of who is in the White House.

Why bring religion or God into politics? This is in my opinion is what our forefathers tried to keep out of the constitution. I believe that our forefathers would be as we are today. What I mean to say is they all had different views and beliefs that they stood for and they still proceeded to get done what needed to be put in motion in a civilized manor.

Nothing has really changed except the dismissive apprehension of world events with America's youth.

It is people like her and certain members of my family that have influenced me away from religion completely.

Why bring religion or God into politics? This is in my opinion is what our forefathers tried to keep out of the constitution. I believe that our forefathers would be as we are today. What I mean to say is they all had different views and beliefs that they stood for and they still proceeded to get done what needed to be put in motion in a civilized manor.

Nothing has really changed except the dismissive apprehension of world events with America's youth. 

It is people like her and certain members of my family that have influenced me away from religion completely.

37617[/snapback]

People of faith will always bring faith up in politics. It's just inbred in their nature. They want to feel like the man leading the country is living by the same beliefs and values that they live by. This is not always going to be the case.

I think it is the great thing about our country, that a young black kid can grow up with aspirations to become a leader. It should be every child's right, regardless of skin tone or creed. While this nation was founded on Christian principles, I believe that a Muslim man or women come step into a position of power and do a fine job. Most Muslims live by a code of peace, humility and disciplined worship. Those are qualities that any person of faith should admire.

It's the radicals that give religions a bad name. In the day's of the crusades, King Baldwin and King Saladin tried to bring Muslim and Christian together in Jerusalem. It was radical Christians like the Templars who sought to bring down those alliances. Same thing is going on thousands of years later.

I can see why people in your family might push you away from religion. It's a common thing. My father taught me never to be pushy with my faith, only to talk to people kindly and with a great deal of understanding of their point of view. God will take care of the rest.

Religion and politics probably SHOULD be separate...I fear though, that will never be the case.