Obamas VP

Creedcr

• Founder
Obama names VP choice

I think this is a strong decision, Biden can do a lot to help repair our foreign image. Now it just a wait and see for McCain's choice.

36474[/snapback]

One things for sure....We dont have to worry about Obama's VP being a "yes" man. roflmao!!

Joe will hold Obama accountable, thats for damn sure. :lol: :lol:

• Founder
But i'm confused about how you fix every thing that is broken in Washington by picking somone that has been in Washington for what 30 years

36540[/snapback]

The whole point Obama picked the guy is because hes been a senator for so long and has still kept his distance from the area and the politician crowd.

Hes one of the only senators that does not live in DC.

Its not a biography but its a little insight into the guy.

The whole point Obama picked the guy is because hes been a senator for so long and has still kept his distance from the area and the politician crowd.

Hes one of the only senators that does not live in DC.

Its not a biography but its a little insight into the guy.

36541[/snapback]

well his home is less than an hour train ride away or about an hour or two with a limo

and i have reached the point of with all of the talk about the great things a politician has done or how great he or she is , its all talk I'm waiting to see something, and he has had 30 years to do something and let me check ,, and nope I'm not impressed.

As I see he is the guy you pic to get the blue collar vote that Hillary had , to keep it from going to McCain. Just listen to the talk on the news shows or read it from the experts on the web picking a VP is not about character , or their ability its about getting votes.

The more I read and hear, hope in change from a politician will just lead you too being disappointed, no one who come up in the system and win via the system will ever do any thing to change the system, So will Obama make changes, sure but in the overall of things they will be nothing more than than changing the curtains in a house with no roof.

well his home is less than an hour train ride away or about an hour or two with a limo

and i have reached the point of with all of the talk about the great things a politician has done or how great he or she is , its all talk I'm waiting to see something, and he has had 30 years to do something and let me check ,, and nope I'm not impressed.

As I see he is the guy you pic to get the blue collar vote that Hillary had , to keep it from going to McCain. Just listen to the talk on the news shows or read it from the experts on the web picking a VP is not about character , or their ability its about getting votes.

The more I read and hear, hope in change from a politician will just lead you too being disappointed, no one who come up in the system and win via the system will ever do any thing to change the system, So will Obama make changes, sure but in the overall of things they will be nothing more than than changing the curtains in a house with no roof.

36544[/snapback]

You sound bitter, is this McCain support in sheeps clothing? Or are you simply poopooing our excitment over 8 more years of not Bush. Bush wasnt a DC insider and look at how much change he has made in his 8 years as president. Keep in mind it was not change for the better. Recession, bad foreign image, quagmired in a war that continues to jack up fuel prices. About the only positive that may come out of Bush's occupation of the white house is the steps made towards getting us off oil.

As far as capturing the "Blue collar vote" Hillary is already getting behind Obama. See Clinton urges her supporters to back Obama.

I think the only major problem with the "system" is the electoral college. It made sense back when towns and cities where far apart and travel affected how the vote was takin. In this day and age we have materials to make this a vote of either popular choice, or a revised electoral college. There are better minds then mine that can figure what that system should be. For now we are still a democracy and we cast our vote for the person we feel is best suited to represent our goals and ideals. If you dont like the person you choose, then try to find someone who does, or run yourself and be that change that your community needs.

Don't just crap on the system because it dosen't always work for you.

I wonder Yonv, who was the last person you voted for, and what do you do where you live to get involved?

Totally off topic, but I didn't see a need to create another topic just for this...

When I see the names Obama and Biden together my brain sees "Obama Sim Biden" which is a play on letters and syllables for "Osama Bin Laden"...

Then again I may just be completely off my rocker...

Ignore me.

As far as who I'd like to be prez? Can't say that I have an opinion other than anything is better than Bush. Hell, fix the law and bring back Bill Clinton.

I don't think its the system, as much as the people , I see it work on the local level in many places, but the further it gets from home the more broken the people are,

and I try to stay involved, but every election sense I was old enough to vote, the vote for president has always been I am voting against someone and not for someone.

An I have never made it a secret I was a McCain fan well I was back in year 2000, But this McCain is not the same man that ran in the year 2k , or at least in my mind, and other than a few things of McCain's energy policy, I think the rest of his polices will only drag on the O so wonderful bush years.

So as i see this election I can vote for McCain and know it won't get better, or Obama and have some hope for it to get better, but I'm expecting to be disappointed.

• Founder
I don't think its the system, as much as the people , I see it work on the local level in many places, but the further it gets from home the more broken the people are,

and I try to stay involved, but every election sense I  was old enough to vote, the vote for president has always been I am voting against someone and not for someone.

An I have never made it a secret  I was a McCain fan well I was back in year 2000, But this McCain is not the same man that ran in the year 2k , or at least in my mind,  and other than a few things of McCain's energy policy, I think the rest of his polices will only drag on the O so wonderful bush years.

So as i see this election I can vote for McCain and know it won't get better, or Obama and have some hope for it to get better, but I'm expecting to be disappointed.

36552[/snapback]

Ya I used to like Mccain too, in the early 00's but hes a total tool now.

He used to stand up to the Bush administration and give them some straight talk but now hes voted w/ bush like 90% of the time last year and 100% of the time in 08'. His "maverick" status is totally gone.

I voted for Bush Sr. but Id never vote for anyone that even resembles Bush. We are on the verge of a Nuclear war w/ Russia again and the last thing we need is some Cowboy dumb f*** bullbaiting Putin or whatever puppet he has in office.

We need smart politics, Reagan's savvy and Lincoln's ears...ears thatll listen to the rest of the country and not march forward w/o the consent of the nation and the world.

I think we can find those qualities in Barack......Im damn sure about the ears though, next time you see a pic of Barack compare it to Lincolns pics rofl...its uncanny.