The Price of Success

Astrus

• Founder

One thing I'd like us to all realize is that w/ the success of SancTuarY over the last couple months there have been a few situations where we have been wrongfully slandered by SOME of the Wanderhome community. (about 1%)

ITS NOT A PROBLEM at the moment lol....but what i want everyone to realize is that with MORE success comes MORE problems. Even if the # is still low, the problems WILL increase.

It could be jealousy or any number of things, but what we as members need to be ok w/ is SUCCESS!

We deserve to be the best guild on the server, we deserve to have a Guild only City. We deserve to have a group of AWESOME ppl around us and we deserve to keep growing and keep becoming the greatest Guild in SWG.

Our Guidelines insure that our members are able to play the game SOE gives us, and still stay cordial w/ our peers and members.

Should we look down on others who choose not to be in OUR group? Of course not. But if someone chooses to NOT like you because you are successful or in a successful guild...well thats just silly, and im sure most of you guys would agree.

SancTuarY has recruited alot of AWESOME ppl....some of the ppl recruited did not turn out so great hehe. But our main purpose is to keep our members in a guild that is drama Free, mature and respectful.

So if you see someone removed from the guild...rest assured that SancTuarY Admins talked about it before hand, and that it was a decision based on NOT ONE, but a group of ppl that are SERIOUS about keeping a peaceful guild for its members to log into when they choose to play SWG.

:s52:

Was just thinking about this a little bit and wanted to say something about it hehe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Executive

Being successful means, as Astrus said, that we will bump into some problems on the way.. tho with so many excellent members in the SancTuarY Guild those problems will be minimalized.

The SancTuarY Guild Admins are here for YOU, we serve and protect.. we make sure you are meet with open arms. As a community we are like a big happy family, we stick together! ;)

My fellow sanctians .. I must say something: YOU GUYS RULES!

Thank you.

.: Shawkorrr SancT Recruiting Admin :.

I can tell you from firsthand experience that people will hate you for being sucessful. In EnB where SnH was the largest and best guild by far in the game we always had the haters. We as a group where very polite and always helpful but you are under a microscope when you can weld that much power in a game. If we planed a raid of some type and could bring several groups of players to complete(In EnB a group was 6 players) it, then we where accused of hording the raids. Usually we invited everyone there to join us and always split the loot fairly but people still complained. Usually those complaining where either not there to see what happened or showed up to late to get a group before the action started or had a chip on their shoulders and thought that all belonged to them.

In summary....If you are succesful then people will hate you for it. Always take the high road and don't change because of the haters.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Executive

It's quite amazing, we do not do much recruiting these days, but I believe the reason why we do not need recruiting as much as we used to is because all the rebels know who we are and what we stand for :) .. and they sure know how to find us!

Though we still have done some minor recruiting, like forwarding them to the Forum and SancT Join site :)

.. SancT Guild, are we successful or what?! :hug:

• Founder
I was just telling someone that today..especially with some of the new transfers...Dok, Degan, Kendu and others are fitting in quite nicely.

SANCT rulez!

10194[/snapback]

wow...when i initially wrote this SancT had NO enemies and we not involved in pvp whatsoever...

and then we ended up becoming one of the most talked about guilds in server history about 6 months later. With ppl hating us on one end and others supporting us to no ends.....

time flies doesnt it?..that was almost a year ago.

Like i have said in other posts joining sanct was the best thing i ever did on SWG love being with such a great group of people who are always willing to help each other and work as a team to make this guild the best it can be. :D

dont worry about people who disagree with our guild they just are frustrated because they cant achieve the things we have. im proud to be part of the guild....

BTW Degan kendu Dok are all excellent they have helped lvl me up through my last like 25 lvls. up to 81 now not long till i can put on the fireworks display with the Orbital Bombardment special. ;)

• 1 month later...

Indeed. Just in the first week back as a combat toon:

Crethip helped me with my first few Mustafar quests and the Ryatt trails last week.

Bloddy helped me complete Boba Fett's series, tyvm.

Degan is always handy to have around - always seems to be online and will drop everything to lend a hand.

Kendu, a Master Craftsman, knowledgable in his art, a great pilot, and also willing to come running, with Imogene (Ruddygore), enabled me to complete my second pilot mastery.

Astrus gave me nice discounts on his vendor, and gave up a useful cybernetic arm, for my PvPing.

Gooshi made me some killer RIS armor and deserved every credit for it.

NYSF-Bunky was willing to help a strange toon (an alt on a temporary account of mine) with some credits to shuttle to Sanctuary. She /tipped me 5000 instead of 300 cr!! I had to /tip her the change...

Yva constantly willing to load up her other toon to buff a SW at a moment's notice.

Epiceari for offering to help me remaster.

Shawkorrr for info on etiquite, /cheers, and encouragement.

Mavryk for a constant source of humor..

I'm sure there are other examples, but these are a few of the guildies I had the pleasure of interacting with this week and this is a testimony of their generosity, support, and help.

/salute

SANCT FTW!!

• Founder
Indeed. Just in the first week back as a combat toon:

Crethip helped me with my first few Mustafar quests and the Ryatt trails last week.

Bloddy helped me complete Boba Fett's series, tyvm.

Degan is always handy to have around - always seems to be online and will drop everything to lend a hand.

Kendu, a Master Craftsman, knowledgable in his art, a great pilot, and also willing to come running, with Imogene (Ruddygore), enabled me to complete my second pilot mastery.

Astrus gave me nice discounts on his vendor, and gave up a useful cybernetic arm, for my PvPing.

Gooshi made me some killer RIS armor and deserved every credit for it.

NYSF-Bunky was willing to help a strange toon (an alt on a temporary account of mine) with some credits to shuttle to Sanctuary. She /tipped me 5000 instead of 300 cr!! I had to /tip her the change...

Yva constantly willing to load up her other toon to buff a SW at a moment's notice.

Epiceari for offering to help me remaster.

Shawkorrr for info on etiquite, /cheers, and encouragement.

Mavryk for a constant source of humor..

I'm sure there are other examples, but these are a few of the guildies I had the pleasure of interacting with this week and this is a testimony of their generosity, support, and help.

/salute

SANCT FTW!!

11950[/snapback]

wow if only everyone on wanderhome appreciated ppl the way you do man :D

:H5: :H5: :H5:

• 8 months later...
  • Executive

haters.jpg

Heatstroke, Ceesa, and me were out grinding yellows in Silithus and all of a sudden this draenei mage, Zohn, wanted to duel Heatstroke. We were way busy so he declined the duel. But Zohn just kept duelling Heatstroke for several minutes then we more or less told what tactics Zohn would use if he accepted. Zohn was speechless, and all of sudden he goes into general chat and said what he said in the picture. The dude was getting burned in no time and in the end he learned he dont mess around with us, and he stfu after that :lol: ... "pwnd!"

• 3 months later...
haters.jpg

Heatstroke, Ceesa, and me were out grinding yellows in Silithus and all of a sudden this draenei mage, Zohn, wanted to duel Heatstroke. We were way busy so he declined the duel. But Zohn just kept duelling Heatstroke for several minutes then we more or less told what tactics Zohn would use if he accepted. Zohn was speechless, and all of sudden he goes into general chat and said what he said in the picture. The dude was getting burned in no time and in the end he learned he dont mess around with us, and he stfu after that :lol: ... "pwnd!"

17774[/snapback]

ROFL LAWLAWLAWLAWLAWL FUNNIEST THENG EVER

AND I QUOTE "*caugh* haters *caugh*

i am on in classa and almost bursted into laughter lawl lawl MClawl

Yeah I frequently get requests to duel when I'm running around with my gnome rogue...

But I've never had anyone call me anything bad for it...lol

• 3 years later...

Haha Zhiv way to totally be late by like 4 years....

btw getting around B+ to an A on my CS class :)

What, my last post on this topic? It was dated 2007...now who's late?

And nice on the cs class grades. Keep it up!

• Haha 1

• Astrus unpinned this topic
  • Astrus pinned this topic
  • 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Failure is the price for success. 

This is a quote I have hanging in my office. Along with: " learn something new every day and teach it to someone." 

" No room for excuses" 

" My life is good because of what God has done, and not because of my circumstances." 

Are there any that are your guy's favorite quotes?  I would be interested in seeing them. 

5 hours ago, Shawkorrr said:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Executive
On 9/22/2022 at 3:58 PM, Barazen said:

Failure is the price for success. 

This is a quote I have hanging in my office. Along with: " learn something new every day and teach it to someone." 

" No room for excuses" 

" My life is good because of what God has done, and not because of my circumstances." 

Are there any that are your guy's favorite quotes?  I would be interested in seeing them. 

Great quotes there @Barazen !!!
Thanks for sharing!